NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

PA,NJ,DE caravan to BBQ***RESCHEDULED TO 4/4/09!!!****

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 07:09 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, so Delaware house is where the three caravan's will converge. As for the NJ caravan since theres so few of us I am still trying to figure out if we will be coming as a group or one by one. If anyones interested shoot me a PM and I ll give you my number. To get there by noon I need to leave here by 9 or 10...
Old 04-01-09, 07:36 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinda
Well you and me seem the only people in the tri-state area interested in this one. What time are you thinking of leaving? Perhaps, we could leave from Fort Lee as its the cluster **** of all roads including I-95.
I was thinking about heading down through Staten Island. I wouldn't mind meeting at the Thomas Edison service area between exit 12 and 11 southbound on the NJTP. Link here

Just don't expect me to do stupid stuff, just enjoying a Saturday drive, and in no rush. (sorry if it sounds boring)
Old 04-01-09, 08:20 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh,, here is the plan. Zinda/Excluesive,agree upon a meet spot and come down together(Chris be on time,,LOL!), also one of you guys may want to drop a PM to PHILLYGS since he will be heading up the Philly/De part of the caravan. This way, you guys will have contact with that part of the caravan and they can wait on you guys if you aren't too far away. Please try to be at the meet place in Deleware by noon; and of course as Excluesive says, practice responsible caravanning.

Last edited by trukn1; 04-02-09 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-01-09, 08:58 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
I was thinking about heading down through Staten Island. I wouldn't mind meeting at the Thomas Edison service area between exit 12 and 11 southbound on the NJTP. Link here

Just don't expect me to do stupid stuff, just enjoying a Saturday drive, and in no rush. (sorry if it sounds boring)
That sounds good but you gotta let me know what time you want to meet me there. They want to meet up at the Delaware House by noon.

Oh,, here is the plan. Zinda/Excluesive,agree upon a meet spot and come down together(Chris be on time,,LOL!), also one of you guys may want to drop a PM to PHILLYGS since he will be heading up the Philly/De part of the caravan. This way, you guys will have contact with that part of the caravan and they can wait on you guys if you aren't too far away. Please try to be at the meet place in Deleware by noon; and of course as Excluesive says, practice responsible caravanning.
The Philly guys are taking I-95 I am assuming? Perhaps, we can meet up with them and then slingshot over to the waterhouse?

Last edited by trukn1; 04-02-09 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-01-09, 09:37 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zinda
That sounds good but you gotta let me know what time you want to meet me there. They want to meet up at the Delaware House by noon.

The Philly guys are taking I-95 I am assuming? Perhaps, we can meet up with them and then slingshot over to the waterhouse?
I got that covered, I've been in contact with PhillyGS3 about meeting up (I have his contact info too). Zinda, does 9:30 sound good to you? Or should we meet a couple minutes earlier?
Old 04-02-09, 06:47 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

I-95 is funny b/c it breaks from the NJTPK for a bit and then runs thru Philly. You guys just take the NJTPK straight down to the end, cross over the Deleware River bridge and pick up 95 again south of the bridge. The meet place is ON I-95 at exit 5, on the left side of the highway. This will be the LAST rest area before you cross over into MD. Swinging over to the meet place is as simple as pulling off the highway to grab a soda or something. Chris, I am sure youare familiar with the rest area. Bring her down. Chris you also have my number if you need directions or anything.
Old 04-02-09, 07:00 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

OK,, trying to update and get the caravan list in order. From what I can see, based on those who re-signed to attend the list is as follows.

PA area

1. CarlislePA (coming down I-83 to join MD)
2. PhillyGS3 (Philly area)
3. MrG4LIFE (Deleware area meeting Philly area at Rest area on I-95)
4. Bellex

NY/NJ area

1. Hoon (most likely coming from DC/VA area whle on break)
2. Excluesive (NY area,, meeting Zinda on NJTPK)
3. Zinda (NY area,,, meeting Excluesive on NJTPK)
4. Mr. Mark (Lower NJ area)

Anyone I forgot please add your name to the listing so we can see who to expect for the caravan from the North.

Thanks!

Last edited by trukn1; 04-02-09 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 10:51 AM
Bellex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Add me to the list - 90% sure I'm coming! Delaware house @ 12... I'm pming PhillyGS3 my #
Old 04-02-09, 12:18 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

My car seems to be unexpectedly in the shop today and tomorrow. Which means my plans to attend might be hampered. I am so pissed off right now at my shop cause I haven't even seen my car for over a month.
Old 04-02-09, 05:39 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trukn1
I-95 is funny b/c it breaks from the NJTPK for a bit and then runs thru Philly. You guys just take the NJTPK straight down to the end, cross over the Deleware River bridge and pick up 95 again south of the bridge. The meet place is ON I-95 at exit 5, on the left side of the highway. This will be the LAST rest area before you cross over into MD. Swinging over to the meet place is as simple as pulling off the highway to grab a soda or something. Chris, I am sure youare familiar with the rest area. Bring her down. Chris you also have my number if you need directions or anything.

Of course, I don't plan on getting lost since, well, I tend not to get lost.
Old 04-03-09, 05:42 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

For all of you on this caravan, I need you to bring me one thing and this is very very very very very very very Important.

Yo I need some White Castle.

I'm feenin like a crackhead. I would have got some last time I was in NJ but I was too hung over. Dont care who brings it, but I need some and the frozen kind wont do.

-Smitty
Old 04-03-09, 05:53 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

i donno if they are open that early, but I can pick some up for you pimp
Old 04-03-09, 04:06 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Since the mall adds only 10 miles to the trip, I had spoken with phillyGS3 about going towards the mall to meet up with the arundel mills people. We are trying to get to the mall between 1:15 and 1:30. This will give me time to stop at the Mobil (by Jared's jewelry and Petsmart) to get a touchless car wash since weather in NYC won't be cooperating.

Hope this works for all. I have posted this in the Bmore caravan thread.
Old 04-03-09, 04:24 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by excluesive
Since the mall adds only 10 miles to the trip, I had spoken with phillyGS3 about going towards the mall to meet up with the arundel mills people. We are trying to get to the mall between 1:15 and 1:30. This will give me time to stop at the Mobil (by Jared's jewelry and Petsmart) to get a touchless car wash since weather in NYC won't be cooperating.

Hope this works for all. I have posted this in the Bmore caravan thread.
Fine with me
Old 04-03-09, 07:28 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Directions to Arundel Mills coming from the North.

I-95 South into MD
Take this all the way down thru Baltimore and get off at Rt 100 East
Follow Rt 100 East to the Arundel Mills Blvd Exit (First exit after Balto/Wash PKWY, I-295)
Get in your right lane and stay there all the way into the mall area.
Look for large,Glass/steel bldg on right (Anne Arundel Comunity College)
Caravan will meet there. This bldg is DIRECTLY across the parking lot from Muvico.

Directions from Arundel Mills to Smitty's from Arundel Mills

I-295 south (Baltimore/Wasington Pkwy) to I-495 South
Take this down to Exit 13
Bottom of the ramp take take the Roundabout 3/4 way around and head back under I-95(if you pass a Chic Filet, turn around and go the other way)
Stay straight and go PAST the second Roundabout.
Proceed thru 2 traffic lights
After the second traffic Light, look for Housing development on left called Somerset (Harry S Truman Drive) Turn left.
Take First Left onto Birdie Lane
Follow to end and Turn Right onto onto Southern Springs Rd

Address is 1305 Southern Springs Rd.

Quick Reply: PA,NJ,DE caravan to BBQ***RESCHEDULED TO 4/4/09!!!****