NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

:::Sigh::: Here we go again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-09, 07:45 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llllllllll
Ouch, yeah I never let people drive my car.
If I'm drunk at a party/club, I just leave my car in the parking garage until the next morning.
I don't mind paying a cab to get me home safe and keep my car scratch/dent free.
In a way it's sort of like additional car insurance.. hehe

Soo sorry to hear that your baby got scratched.
Glad everyone is ok.
Where's teh pics of the damage?

Speaking of pics...

ahem ahem...
In case you didn't know...

<---- I'm a full time professional wedding photographer!

Can we say NELOC discount?! hehe
I'll PM a link to my site.
lol...thanks for the offer. We have a lot of photographer friends, but I will consider all prices when the time comes

We got home really late last night so I didn't get to take pics. I will try agian tomorrow, tonight will be a late night again, we're having dinner with the fam for my dad and sister's birthday.

Originally Posted by davidv433
im glad to hear that you guys are ok, i wish i can say the same for our garage door lol. I let my mother in-law borrow my car yesterday, and when she paked it she left it in first gear. I go to remote start the car and the car jumps forward and takes the bottom part out of the garage door. The car is fine thank goodness, never doing that again.
wow, sorry to hear that man. Glad the car is ok, sucks your garage door is all busted. Good luck with the repairs!
Old 03-10-09, 07:52 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

...we're having dinner with the fam for my dad and sister's birthday.
And THIS TIME you are not allowed to drink anything but SODA. LOL!!!!
Old 03-10-09, 08:11 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv433
im glad to hear that you guys are ok, i wish i can say the same for our garage door lol. I let my mother in-law borrow my car yesterday, and when she paked it she left it in first gear. I go to remote start the car and the car jumps forward and takes the bottom part out of the garage door. The car is fine thank goodness, never doing that again.
That really stinks but, I have to say, a remote-start setup in a manual car does sound like you're asking for trouble! No way to install some kind of interlock (if the car is in gear, no startie, no workie)?
Old 03-10-09, 08:51 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
That really stinks but, I have to say, a remote-start setup in a manual car does sound like you're asking for trouble! No way to install some kind of interlock (if the car is in gear, no startie, no workie)?
Yep there are alarms that will work specifically for manuals. Like the Compustar alarms need to have a sequence performed in order to enable remote start. This sequence is a safety that will not give you anyway to leave a car in gear.

Sorry to hear about you misfortunes LexGrl
Old 03-10-09, 10:23 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
yup, some of them have a wire that you connect, and it knows if the car is in a gear or not.

i always just use the parking brake, and whenever i get my car back from a shop its like a test to remember not to stall because they always leave it in gear. poor gears..
Old 03-10-09, 12:16 PM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Thai, I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your car! But its so true thank god you and Ana are OK. Maybe one step back but you're that much more determined :-)
Old 03-10-09, 03:13 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Like others have said, glad you are not hurt. It also seems you are in the same boat as me, everything in the world happens to prevent further modding of your car! It is just very frustrating..
Old 03-11-09, 01:24 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Thai, just getting around to reading the thread. So sorry about your car I hope Ana doesn't feel too guilty, she was just trying to do the right thing and get you home safely. Apparently, not the car... but you J/K I know how it is when you want to mod it then something happens, just ask Leroy

But in all seriousness, glad to hear you two are ok!
Old 03-11-09, 05:48 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Here it is guys, some pics of the damage. Ana and I have been home late every night this week, so the pics are not that great and the car is really dirty--it just rained today.
Attached Thumbnails :::Sigh::: Here we go again...-img_0460.jpg  
Old 03-11-09, 05:53 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

One more...
Attached Thumbnails :::Sigh::: Here we go again...-img_0459.jpg  
Old 03-11-09, 05:56 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scarlet300
Thai, I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your car! But its so true thank god you and Ana are OK. Maybe one step back but you're that much more determined :-)
Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
Like others have said, glad you are not hurt. It also seems you are in the same boat as me, everything in the world happens to prevent further modding of your car! It is just very frustrating..
Originally Posted by LittleGz
Thai, just getting around to reading the thread. So sorry about your car I hope Ana doesn't feel too guilty, she was just trying to do the right thing and get you home safely. Apparently, not the car... but you J/K I know how it is when you want to mod it then something happens, just ask Leroy

But in all seriousness, glad to hear you two are ok!
Thanks everyone for being concerned, it is much appreciated. I know it could've been much worse and we've could've gotten hurt--thank God it was just a minor bump. I know my girl just wanted to do the right thing and get us home safe. It is getting fixed and it will be all good again. I'm going to start modding as soon as possible.
Old 03-11-09, 07:12 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no bueno!
poor ES

the important thing is that youre both alright....cars can be replaced, lives cant!

my ex gf managed to back my old camry into her dads pickup when we left her parents house one time i let her drive because i was sauced...
these days i either dont drive or i dont drink to keep my car safe!
Old 03-12-09, 09:00 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks like just a scratch or two. you will be modding again in no time.
Old 03-13-09, 11:16 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

just put some red tape on it and you'll be back on the road in no time

=)
Old 03-14-09, 12:26 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that doesnt look so bad. hit up www.car-parts.com for a local junkyard that has your taillight. then pick up some scratchx 2.0 or swirlx from meguiars and use a terry cloth towel or a microfiber and work it into the scratch (washed of course). most if it should be gone but u got to remember that u realllly have to work the polish in there since heat is what does the magic. good luck but this was just a little trip in the road not a fall.

Quick Reply: :::Sigh::: Here we go again...