NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

:::Sigh::: Here we go again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-09, 06:59 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :::Sigh::: Here we go again...

I have the worse luck with this car, this will be the third time in less than two years that my car will be in the body shop, but this time the other person is not paying for the damges. Saturday night I let Ana drive us home cause I was pretty drunk and she didn't want me to drive, but getting out of the parking spot she slammed my car into an SUV. Took out my tail light and f-ed up my bumper. I'll post pics tonight. I'm dropping off my car at the body shop tomorrow morning. I was looking forward to taking my car to the shop to put my side mirror blinkers and to install my lowering springs, instead the money is going to repairs...UGH!

I just wanted to post this since I knew you guys would feel my pain.
Old 03-09-09, 07:02 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Note to self: Don't let my girl drive my car.

Seriously, sorry to hear that. Really sucks when you're trying to mod, and you end up taking a step in opposite direction
Old 03-09-09, 07:37 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

ouch! sorry to hear that Thai. at least you guys are ok right?
Old 03-09-09, 08:19 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Important thing is that you two are ok and nobody was hurt. I know how it feels to be in mod mode and have to take a step back in order to repair things gone wrong.
Old 03-09-09, 11:35 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

That stinks! I hope your insurance is at least covering the repairs. Although, last time I filed a claim to have my insurace cover a repair, I realized that the insurance company doesn't pay for the repair, they just loan you the money because, when you get your next bill, they raise their rates to cover the repair cost (and then some).
Old 03-09-09, 01:22 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Thanks for the comments guys. We are fine. No one was hurt. Just a busted tail light, but still a pain and an extra expense. We are so careful with our money and something like this will put my mods in the back burner for a while. I'm getting a used tail light off ebay and my bumper will have to be sanded and painted again. She should be good as new by the BBQ, but I as hoping to have the side mirrors and lowering springs taken cared of next week while I'm away. I'm not going to file a claim on my insurance. They'll give me too much money for the repairs and I'll wind up paying that back anyway. Honestly, this car has the worst luck. I'm tempted to get rid of her and get something else.
Old 03-09-09, 01:24 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
Thanks for the comments guys. We are fine. No one was hurt. Just a busted tail light, but still a pain and an extra expense. We are so careful with our money and something like this will put my mods in the back burner for a while. I'm getting a used tail light off ebay and my bumper will have to be sanded and painted again. She should be good as new by the BBQ, but I as hoping to have the side mirrors and lowering springs taken cared of next week while I'm away. I'm not going to file a claim on my insurance. They'll give me too much money for the repairs and I'll wind up paying that back anyway. Honestly, this car has the worst luck. I'm tempted to get rid of her and get something else.
ISF
Old 03-09-09, 01:47 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
ISF
lol, I wish. I have a wedding and a house to pay for. I'm just feeling down about how many people have damaged my car when I was so proud of myself for being able to buy a Lexus to begin with. Maybe when I turn 30 I'll buy a real toy car. I am learning that the ES is a ****** to find parts for, it might be a good thing though, saves me money cause I can't buy anything for her...haha.
Old 03-09-09, 03:42 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be glad noone was hurt . You will be all fixed up before you know it
Old 03-09-09, 05:30 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes!!! I feel your pain. I just had my car hit AGAIN like 3 weeks ago. Ans same here i was planning some mods....but well you know the story.

Hey its life........Whaddya gon do
Old 03-09-09, 07:12 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dam sorry to hear about your ride. Get a M45. lol

- Smitty
Bringing people to the dark side one ride at a time. lol
Old 03-09-09, 07:16 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Come to the dark side, we have cookies lol
Old 03-09-09, 10:02 PM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

ES DOWN! =(

lol we have cookies, thats a good one. hope everything turns out just fine!
Old 03-09-09, 11:05 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Ouch, yeah I never let people drive my car.
If I'm drunk at a party/club, I just leave my car in the parking garage until the next morning.
I don't mind paying a cab to get me home safe and keep my car scratch/dent free.
In a way it's sort of like additional car insurance.. hehe

Soo sorry to hear that your baby got scratched.
Glad everyone is ok.
Where's teh pics of the damage?

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
lol, I wish. I have a wedding and a house to pay for. I'm just feeling down about how many people have damaged my car when I was so proud of myself for being able to buy a Lexus to begin with. Maybe when I turn 30 I'll buy a real toy car. I am learning that the ES is a ****** to find parts for, it might be a good thing though, saves me money cause I can't buy anything for her...haha.
Speaking of pics...

ahem ahem...
In case you didn't know...

<---- I'm a full time professional wedding photographer!

Can we say NELOC discount?! hehe
I'll PM a link to my site.

Last edited by llllllllll; 03-09-09 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-10-09, 05:47 AM
davidv433
Lead Lap

im glad to hear that you guys are ok, i wish i can say the same for our garage door lol. I let my mother in-law borrow my car yesterday, and when she paked it she left it in first gear. I go to remote start the car and the car jumps forward and takes the bottom part out of the garage door. The car is fine thank goodness, never doing that again.

Quick Reply: :::Sigh::: Here we go again...