Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool thanks
Old 03-18-09, 03:12 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
The only reason I can think of doesn't make sense. That the factory exhaust set up is so close to perfection that going aftermarket is a waste of money. But that would be hard to believe considering how flimsy the exhaust is when we pick up our cars. And that not only is the Neo a waste of money but so is buying a complete exhaust when tips will suffice. lol, that is something I don't want to believe

The only real test for me at this point is to dyno my car now with the SRT/ECU set up now and the SRT/Neo setup later and see if there's a difference.
so do you or anybody else have this ability?? about the dyno thing ^ ^ ^...

there has to be a reason why they would say that, unless they just didn't feel like messing with it?? how easy is it to screw up settings on the apexi... i mean if you were playing around with the settings to make it faster,, what is the likely hood that you could be hurting your car without really knowing it??
Old 03-18-09, 04:30 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
so do you or anybody else have this ability?? about the dyno thing ^ ^ ^...

there has to be a reason why they would say that, unless they just didn't feel like messing with it?? how easy is it to screw up settings on the apexi... i mean if you were playing around with the settings to make it faster,, what is the likely hood that you could be hurting your car without really knowing it??

I'm thinking that their (srt) tune on the piggy back computer had some wiggle room in it as far as fuel delivery blah blah that your cat back exhaust worked with so it didn't need any adjustment.

As far as messing up the neo. Once you dyno and tune for what you have don't mess with it till you get new parts and have a dyno to work with or fork the money out for a wide band a/f if you want to mess around with your settings. Imho once you tune don't mess with it. LOL
Old 03-19-09, 08:06 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I have a wideband in my car and sometimes I play with it for hours.
to be honest tuning the low settings on an safc are a little tedious as the ecu will try and fight you a little bit.

ive never done this because i am odb1, but you guys that are odb2 i believe can use a scanner to tell how much the stock ecu is actually adjusting the trim. so you keep on adjusting the safc until the stock ecu becomes happy. this is by no means an alternative to having a wideband though.