NYC New York Dealerships.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-09, 09:25 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NYC New York Dealerships.....

Hey fellow CL members,

I have this post listed in the Northeast forum as well. Any help/assistance that you guys are able to render would be greatly appreciated. This is the link to the original thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...k-dealers.html

thanks!

Leo; Queens College, Fresh Meadows

Last edited by trukn1; 03-22-09 at 01:06 PM. Reason: listed in NE forum also.
Old 03-21-09, 10:38 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Avoid Bayridge Lexus Service dept like the plague. Welcome to NELOC and good luck in our hunt.
Old 03-22-09, 07:19 AM
leo.cheng
Rookie

thanks! I look forward to your the meets if you guys don't mind having a rx330 around. Spyder78, do you know of any NYC dealership that's good and have great prices and very professional? thanks!

i just don't want to deal with all the bs, if you know what i;m talking about.

thanks!
Old 03-22-09, 01:18 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Well if you are looking to purchase a Lexus best prices will probably be gotten from other than Lexus dealerships. As far as service I stopped using Lexus dealerships the only good one that I would even tell you to check out for service is RockVille Center Lexus. They are pretty good and honest but the prices are dealership prices. I have my own mechanic that I trust that knows how to deal with everything on my car. But if I were looking to purchase a car I would browse autotrader, cars.com and other sites looking for local cars, but the best thing to do is to find a car dealer who can take you to a dealer auction and there you can pick up something for the best price.
Old 03-22-09, 05:00 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Well if you are looking to purchase a Lexus best prices will probably be gotten from other than Lexus dealerships. As far as service I stopped using Lexus dealerships the only good one that I would even tell you to check out for service is RockVille Center Lexus. They are pretty good and honest but the prices are dealership prices. I have my own mechanic that I trust that knows how to deal with everything on my car. But if I were looking to purchase a car I would browse autotrader, cars.com and other sites looking for local cars, but the best thing to do is to find a car dealer who can take you to a dealer auction and there you can pick up something for the best price.
thank you spyder, this info helps alot.....but i was wondering if you know anyone from Rockville lexus that works there or what makes you recommend them? have you ever had service done there? will you ever go back even if you have your own mechanic. Have you brought from them before? How is you auto mechanic? you think if i get an Rx, that I can have my car service by him too?

thanks!

Leo

really? a car dealer can take me to dealer car auctions? will they have lexus warranty on them too like a CPO? i want to get a CPO only for the assurance, but other than that....i don't know where else to go beucase of all these stories that people buying car with problems...:S thansk!
Old 03-22-09, 06:24 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by leo.cheng
thank you spyder, this info helps alot.....but i was wondering if you know anyone from Rockville lexus that works there or what makes you recommend them? have you ever had service done there? will you ever go back even if you have your own mechanic. Have you brought from them before? How is you auto mechanic? you think if i get an Rx, that I can have my car service by him too?

thanks!

Leo

really? a car dealer can take me to dealer car auctions? will they have lexus warranty on them too like a CPO? i want to get a CPO only for the assurance, but other than that....i don't know where else to go beucase of all these stories that people buying car with problems...:S thansk!
Honestly CPO is overrated as long as you run a carfax and than take the car to a mechanic and body shop to have checked out you are safe. The warranty on CPOs is nice but you can get an aftermarket warranty that covers all of the major components of the vehicle and much more for a fraction of the cost. I have an aftermarket warranty and they cover pretty much everything. I have had several items changed under warranty that I would have probably not changed since the cost was too high. The warranty is a great thing but since you are purchasing a 3-4 year old car it is highly unlikely that there will be anything wrong with it or that might fail, but a few years down the road when your CPO warranty has expired than you are faced with repair costs.

I was recommended to Rockville lexus by another member on the forums who purchased his GS from there and has had all of his work done there. When I went there to diagnose a problem with my AC they were knowledgeable and honest but prices were regular dealership rates which was to be expected. I am out in Brooklyn so the trip to Rockville is a little far for my taste but honestly I cannot afford the prices that they charge, but if I could I would still go to my mechanic it is a more personal experience and I trust that he will get the required work done. I had the Service Reps card from Rockville somewhere I will see if I can locate it for you.

My mechanic is great!! LOL that is why I go to him, he would have no problems servicing your car if you ever wanted to come out to Brooklyn.

If you check the papers you will see many ads for car dealers that are willing to take you to auctions in order for you to purchase a car. Most car dealers nowadays work like this since it provides them with an insured turnaround of the vehicle and no need for a car lot. But there are seedy people out there who will not allow you onto the auction floor when the bidding is taking place because they want to jack up the price. So you would have to be careful. I was once duped like this years ago but now have wised up to their practices. I purchased my car through a small car dealer in the same way so you just got to know who you are dealing with. But as far as dealer auctions you have the right to return the car, I believe within a 24 hour period, if you find something wrong with it for example structural damage, paintwork, mechanical failures.

You should inquire more about the return regulations as I am a little fuzzy on them now.

But right now at dealer auctions you can get the best prices because of the economy, cars are not selling real well. But they are not CPO and only come with original warranties so if you want a warranty for assurance you can get an aftermarket one after your purchase.
Old 03-22-09, 06:56 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

whoa!!! i am soo impressed with your response spyder, you almost answered all the questions i have and in detail....i love CL alot! what's your name btw, I'm Leo. I don't mind coming to Brooklyn, if the guy is a good mechanic and if he don't BS and jack up the price on me. I really don't mind.

Furthermore, I really like the assurance from a CPO but i know that the mark up is pretty crazy, so i'm looking into aftermarket warranty... in waht ways are they better than the lexus warranty and do they cover more than the lexus warranty? are they hard to deal with? do you have one warranty company that you would like to recommend me. I know i don't have my rx yet but i really want to know everything about these things as i know that car buying will be a lifetime thing.

where in brooklyn is your mechanic btw? you also said "I was once duped like this years ago but now have wised up to their practices. I purchased my car through a small car dealer in the same way so you just got to know who you are dealing with."

how were you duped? how did you wise up? what can be done? also when did you get your car? is the small car dealer still there? would you recommend me to him/her or should i try something else?

here's my number if you ever want to chat....becuase i have so many questions! thanks!

9176608220, Leo

THANKS CL!
Old 03-22-09, 07:15 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

I have a four year 100K mile warranty that I purchased for my GS4 for around $2200, the warranty covers pretty much everything not just some things like the CPO warranty, I've had my alternator, AC compressor, and other items replaced under warranty. So it has paid for itself. Plus if you cancel the warranty before hand they will prorate you a refund for the time you have had the warranty. Meaning if you cancel 2 years down the line they will return you the amount for the remaining portion of the warranty. My mechanic is on McDonald Ave and Avenue O. If you want to know about the RX than this forum is the best I would invest some time in checking out the RX subsection of the forums and searching through the threads for the good and bad.

Well when I was younger I purchased a car through a car dealer that took me to auction but it was not a person that I knew well so after the car had gone through the block, he had won and then told me the price. But instead of telling me the price that he actually won the car for he told me $1200 more, I only found this out by accident and after I had already paid him, so I got screwed. But if you go with a car dealer make sure you talk about his fee before hand and are in agreement as well as being present during the auctions. I purchased my car on 12/28/05 and have been happy with my purchase. Yes the dealer that I got my car from is still working if you are considering finding out about going this route I could find the number for you.

BTW my name is Vlad, and I'll give you a call tom time permitting, so that I can address any other questions you have.
Old 03-22-09, 07:25 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

thanks! spyder/vlad..... i have midterms these two days so maybe wednesday or thursday would be awesome. well right now...i actualy don't have much questions but yea...what aftermarket warranty did you buy? did they give you a rough time when you wanted to get the things replaced? how does it work? you fix it and ask for reimbursement? so if that's the case...couldn't i go to the dealership to have it fix with the aftermarket warranty? i do trust you and your mechanic but i don't know if he will treat me the same as he treats you since you have that personal relationship with him....i'm been screwed by a couple of mechanics so yea it sucks...but if i can find one that i can stick with forever i would love to do that.

the only thing i like about the dealership is the loaner car that i can get so i can run other errands as they service my car.... i have read all the post on the rx for the past few months as the rx is consider my dream car and i really like it. it's just that people say the hanlding isn't that great and i'm just researching how i can make it better. maybe i should put kyg struts and springs on but would that void the warranty? thanks!

whats the longest warrranty you can buy? i'm looking into getting an 06 rx330 with maybe 40,000-50,000 miles so what is best? thanks!

Leo