excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Parking in Boston

So I am staying in Boston a couple of nights next week. Here:
Hyatt Regency Boston
One Avenue De Lafayette
Boston, Massachusetts 02111

My problem is that the parking (valet) at the hotel is 45 bucks a day (in and out) and the garage down the street is 30 bucks a day but I can't come and go as I please. Is there anyone who can suggest something better to me? I probably won't need my car much except for 1 or 2 times for a couple of hours. It sucks, I didn't know parking was so bad in Boston - it's higher in Boston than in Midtown for crying out loud. I would have stayed in the suburbs and taken a cab in had I known that the parking was so bad. Stupid me didn't check BEFORE I booked the hotel.

Help me out, if possible...

Chris
Old 03-27-09, 06:42 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

2 things,,,

1. Do the self parking; is cheaper. No establishment can make you use their valet service.
2. That hotel is prety much in DOWNTOWN Boston; you gonna pay no matter what.
Old 03-27-09, 07:15 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

For my job I have work in Boston a couple of times a month. Been doing it for the last 5 years and yes parking it tough.

I haven't found a self park lot that allows exit and reentry yet. In fact for the last 4 years I just take the commuter rail right into South Station.

I don't have much for suggestions other than South Station (commuter rail, amtrak, bus and T station)is only a couple of blocks from you, its a an easy walk (I've done it before from your hotel) maybe that's an option for that 1 or 2 times you need to go somewhere? Or maybe just a cab if you need to go somewhere in the city?

Either way, once your there Boston is a pretty fun visit. Be Safe, have fun!

Larry
Old 03-27-09, 07:17 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

I understand about not using the valet. But if the public parking is going to charge me when I come and go (most places are over 25 bucks for anything over 2 hours), it almost makes sense to pay the extra 10 a day.

I guess its good I only paid 65 bucks a night to stay here, but it sucks because I am getting routed on parking. I could have stayed right outside of town for 10-20 dollars less and free parking. I wish I knew.
Old 03-27-09, 07:20 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TripleL
For my job I have work in Boston a couple of times a month. Been doing it for the last 5 years and yes parking it tough.

I haven't found a self park lot that allows exit and reentry yet. In fact for the last 4 years I just take the commuter rail right into South Station.

I don't have much for suggestions other than South Station (commuter rail, amtrak, bus and T station)is only a couple of blocks from you, its a an easy walk (I've done it before from your hotel) maybe that's an option for that 1 or 2 times you need to go somewhere? Or maybe just a cab if you need to go somewhere in the city?

Either way, once your there Boston is a pretty fun visit. Be Safe, have fun!

Larry
Thanks. I would like to try out the train system, but I will be using the car atleast once while I am staying there to meet up with some people. So if I do self park, then with the 1 time I leave I will get banged out for the difference between self park and valet.

Is there anything around where I am staying? Or how far are the local bars from there?
Old 03-27-09, 10:58 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That I will not be too much help with, I know there is a bar in the hotel but I don't get to eat or drink a lot when I'm there. When I do get out its usually to go to Faneuil Hall side and near long wharf.