NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Got 2 tickets driving home from smittys =(

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-09, 01:02 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got 2 tickets driving home from smittys =(

Ok I just got two bs tickets on my way home from md.

One for window tint. It measured 26% I'm tagged in Texas which on texas dmv website it says vtl% has to be greater than 25% so I'm legal by 1% but Mr trooper still gave me a ticket because he says tx state law is 35%.

2nd is an exhaust ticket. He says it's too loud no db check or anything. I was cruising at 70mph in 65mph so want under load or anything. He closed a distance of 20+ car lengths to pull me. I have a junction produce rear section which isn't even loud.

Does anyone going to the BBQ at smittys next week have a stock exhaust I can borrow? So I can take pictures of it on my car to have ticket dropped or even a black 2gs with stock exhaust so I can take a picture with my plate on it LOL.

Thank for listening to me rant. And if you have stock exhaust Lmk.
Old 03-29-09, 01:10 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

DUDE that's painful...sorry to hear about that.

in MD, im pretty sure you can't be issued the same ticket twice in 1 month for something like tint and/or exhaust. MD gives you about a month to get it fixed so you coming back the next week shouldn't be an issue...just (IF you get pulled over again for the same thing) show them the previous tickets you got and they *should* let you go.
Old 03-29-09, 01:13 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
Ok I just got two bs tickets on my way home from md.

One for window tint. It measured 26% I'm tagged in Texas which on texas dmv website it says vtl% has to be greater than 25% so I'm legal by 1% but Mr trooper still gave me a ticket because he says tx state law is 35%.

2nd is an exhaust ticket. He says it's too loud no db check or anything. I was cruising at 70mph in 65mph so want under load or anything. He closed a distance of 20+ car lengths to pull me. I have a junction produce rear section which isn't even loud.

Does anyone going to the BBQ at smittys next week have a stock exhaust I can borrow? So I can take pictures of it on my car to have ticket dropped or even a black 2gs with stock exhaust so I can take a picture with my plate on it LOL.

Thank for listening to me rant. And if you have stock exhaust Lmk.
You are welcome to use my car, just throw the plate/plate frame on it.
Old 03-29-09, 01:15 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not worried about getting pulled over again. I get pulled on a weekly basis. This is the first time I've been ticket tho. LOL I need the stock car or exhaust so I can mail pictures to court and have the tickets thrown out.
Old 03-29-09, 01:17 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
You are welcome to use my car, just throw the plate/plate frame on it.

Cool thanks man! See you next weekend.
Old 03-29-09, 01:55 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF!!>!!!?! damn that is harsh! sorry to hear that you got messed with like that.. its not right.. glad you and sam got home safe however. see you next wknd friend
Old 03-29-09, 03:49 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I wasn't aware that cops could enforce tint and exhaust laws from other states....interesting.
Old 03-29-09, 06:26 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have TX plates how did u get an equipment violation out of state? Where did you get pulled over?
Old 03-29-09, 07:08 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ that sucks! Its called local gov't just want to make some money off drivers
Old 03-29-09, 07:16 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Spyder78
If you have TX plates how did u get an equipment violation out of state? Where did you get pulled over?
short answer yes.

here how it went. im crusing home on 81. minding my own business. i look in my rear view and everything is kosher. look down, look forward, look down, look forward, look in rear view. trooper is hauling *** towards me way back. i continue on to pass a 18 wheeler and switch lanes to get in front of it and give way to trooper. he matches speed so i just pull off the road. he claims hes pulling me for tint. i say ok. he measures 26%. i say that the shop that put the tint on said it was legal for texas and ive been pulled by other va state troopers and they said i was fine. he says im not and it should be 35%. not to argue i say im sorry i didnt know that. he then points out my exhaust and says has anyone said anything to you about your exhaust? i say no. he proceeds to tell me its too loud. i counter i bought the car like this. just to end the arguements. he tells me to get out of the car and go to his car. i do as im told.

i get in the passenger side of his car and he proceeds to write out tickets. i ask again. how come ive been pulled over before by va state troopers and they told me my tint was fine? did the law change recently? he say no the law hasnt changed and the other troopers probablly didnt bother since you have out of state plates. i reply that seems weird. he says im writing you citations since you "ARE" breaking your states laws. i say um.. ok.

he proceeds to ask me all these questions where im coming from where im going blah blah blah. the usual 20 questions every time i get pulled over. i have to explain what i do for a living and why i have a car registered in texas and va driver liscense why im not going toward the address on the liscense.

all in all i wasnt breaking the law. since he wrote my tint was too dark measured at 26% on the ticket. texas dmv states on the website for tint that vtl% should be 25% or higher. which im one point more legal.

my exhaust really isnt that loud its just a rear section. and since i was in cruise control and at arount 2k rpms.

basically he thought nice car out of state plates = drug dealer

when he pulled me and saw i wasnt he just gave me tickets for bs to extort money from me cuz im out of state. stuff i gotta deal with on a daily basis.

can anyone install a dash camera? i would love to get these cops on tape. just so i can have proof they come up with crap just to pull me over.

this ones the best.

my girlfriend is driving, im in the passengers seat, and my gf's 10yr old niece is in the back. we are doing the speed limit and get pulled over by a cop. he gets my gf license and my cars registration. i tell him its my car from the passengers seat. he proceeds to tell us he has pulled us over because my texas plates are not comming back on his computer. he goes back to his car. comes back and says they plates are still not comming back but your paper work says its ok and lets us go on our merry way.

he never looks at my drivers license (the owner of the car to see if it matches registration)

and he never checks cars vin# to the registration we gave him.

funniest thing ive ever seen.
Old 03-29-09, 07:35 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bottomline,, your car stands out, and the only way for anyone to get a closer, better look at it is to pull you over. Gotta remember, you are now living in the bum cluck area of VA. and those troopers are none too nice; ask me how I know. Your car is probably the thrill of their shift and HOW DARE YOU come thru THEIR jurisdiction with such a nicely modded car. Good news and bad news. Bad news is you will have to pay the tickets. Va. will suspend you drivers license for failure to pay and then there will be more trouble. Good news, Va. is not a reporting state and does not share info with other states. I have gotten pulled many times on the 81 corridor, driving truck, and have had tickets for various reasons. Va had never reported the tickets to Md, and they never showed on my driver record at all.
Old 03-29-09, 07:40 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
Bottomline,, your car stands out, and the only way for anyone to get a closer, better look at it is to pull you over. Gotta remember, you are now living in the bum cluck area of VA. and those troopers are none too nice; ask me how I know. Your car is probably the thrill of their shift and HOW DARE YOU come thru THEIR jurisdiction with such a nicely modded car. Good news and bad news. Bad news is you will have to pay the tickets. Va. will suspend you drivers license for failure to pay and then there will be more trouble. Good news, Va. is not a reporting state and does not share info with other states. I have gotten pulled many times on the 81 corridor, driving truck, and have had tickets for various reasons. Va had never reported the tickets to Md, and they never showed on my driver record at all.

yeah im getting use to it. trooper said i could fix the violations. ie strip tint and put stock exhaust on take pictures and sent them to the court and it should get dismissed. so we are going to use exclusive's car with my plates. hahahahaha
Old 03-29-09, 07:48 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I saw that. Remember to photoshop your taillights onto his car since yours are clear and his are still stock. LOl!!!
Old 03-29-09, 08:04 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i think Chris has the JP style tails also.
Old 03-29-09, 08:07 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
I saw that. Remember to photoshop your taillights onto his car since yours are clear and his are still stock. LOl!!!

man ill move my tail lights over to his car for the pictures to save me paying a 150 some dollar ticket.

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
i think Chris has the JP style tails also.
even better. less work and more eating for me at the bbq. lol

Quick Reply: Got 2 tickets driving home from smittys =(