NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

i hate, hate, hate, hate, new york!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 05:30 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ho0n
While we're complaining about NY roads, I want to complain about the NSParkway! The on-ramps east of exit 30 are too short and merge too abruptly. I have to put my selector on L to get enough acceleration to join traffic!
same with southern state, back in the old days the speed limit was lower due to slower cars so the onramps were perfect. now the speed limits are raised and the short onramps suffer. my exit has only 50-75ft to merge onto the highway with cars coming at you at 50-70mph.
Old 03-31-09, 05:54 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I use to drive to NY from DC to visit friends for the weekend I always swapped my 19's out with my stock wheels. I can't see how anyone drives with nice wheels and a drop up there.

One time I was coming back from NY and I hit a pothole so big it threw the whole alignment of my car off. I drove back with the steering wheel almost sideways......... I exagerated a little but not much. ha

Last edited by Chancellor; 03-31-09 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 06:03 PM
CBG
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Certain parts of New York will train you to be a slalom master.
I guess I am not the only one who looks like they are doing a slalom course going down the road LOL. Some of the potholes around here in R.I. are just crazy deep. You really have to keep a eye out for them or you WILL do damage. I noticed yesterday when I brake hard the car pulls to the left real hard. Anybody know what that is going to be that I need to get checked?

Last edited by CBG; 03-31-09 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 06:25 PM
ho0n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBG
I noticed yesterday when I brake hard the car pulls to the left real hard. Anybody know what that is going to be?
My Haynes manual for RX300/330/Highlander troubleshooter (troubleshooters are pretty much universal) states that this could be the result of the following:

1. Incorrect tire pressures
2. Front end misalignment
3. Front (or rear) tires may not be matched
4. Restricted brake lines/hoes
5. Malfunctioning caliper
6. Loose suspension parts
7. Loose calipers
8. Excessive brake pad wear

If your car started pulling like that right after you hit the pothole, I'm going to guess either that it's suspension related (2 or 6).
Old 03-31-09, 06:41 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

soo where on the LIE was this so i no not drive over there caz if ur wheels did that then mine will just...i dont even want 2 think about it lol
Old 03-31-09, 07:23 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, it could be worse. Try merging a tractor trailer into some of that traffic. I used to HATEEEEE going over the GW, cross the Throgs Neck to get to the LIE. What a joke!!
Old 03-31-09, 08:17 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Man I feel your pain some hater deflated my tire next to my job. I pulled out and realized that something was wrong waited for a tow truck for 2 and a half hours, when the truck came he couldn't even get my car up on the flatbed due to my height. Had to get wood blocks and wasted 3 hours of my life due to a hater. Potholes are killer out here. With my new wheels on my driving spped has dropped drastically and you will catch me weaving in order to avoid some of those craters

Last edited by Spyder78; 03-31-09 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 09:11 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

potholes SUCK....the roads in MD/VA suck pretty hard, but NY/NJ roads are by far the worst
i feel your pain tho...ive encountered pothole damages way too often.

the roads here are poorly drained and poorly maintained, and thus full of cracks and potholes and dips and such..i never feel a smooth ride in my area
this is why im not and will not be lowered
Old 03-31-09, 10:11 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Let's not even talk about dodging the potholes AND pedestrians at the same time in Crooklyn, I mean Brooklyn.
Old 03-31-09, 10:36 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

While we're complaining about NY roads, I want to complain about the NSParkway! The on-ramps east of exit 30 are too short and merge too abruptly. I have to put my selector on L to get enough acceleration to join traffic!
Hahahaha... thats the truth...
Old 04-01-09, 12:56 AM
mad.M.M.
Driver School Candidate

brooklyn and the bronx is the worst, especially the cross bronx, i think the city does it on purpose for auto repair revenue!!!hahahahah
Old 04-01-09, 04:31 AM
NYCIS350
Driver

Default pothole claim form

For those of you who need it...here is the pothole claim form from NYC. I have never used but what is the loss.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
auto_damage_claim.pdf (42.4 KB, 613 views)
Old 04-01-09, 06:38 AM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

ugh, one of the more damaged wheels comes back today, prayin that they arent cracked..
Old 04-01-09, 07:48 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Philly's no better

I just got 2 brand new tires put on my front.
All was smooth

Couple days ago I hit a HUUUUUGE hole on the freaking INTERSTATE at like 70mph and I thought my wheel was going to fall off.

Today dam train tracks, they looked fine so I didn't slow down, holy crap I thought I was going to have a blow out... Soo pissed off, now I have a slight shake when i'm driving... wtf I know the tires are maybe bad now... Think I can just get them re-mounted and they'll be fine or what? Probably bent rim? But I can't tell they're already bent to ***** anyways.
Old 04-01-09, 08:43 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bent rims possibly, might have thrown the car out of alignment also. Check to make sure they are still balanced as well as do a visual check on your wheels for cracks/bends.

Quick Reply: i hate, hate, hate, hate, new york!!!!1