NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Fund Raiser Car Show 6/6/09 Va Beach, Va.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-09, 11:35 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not gonna be able to come down. Funds are skimpy, unemployment, and I have a very uncomfortable ride vibration I cant seem to track down. Bottom line, I just cant afford this trip down.
Old 05-20-09, 03:41 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Not gonna be able to come down. Funds are skimpy, unemployment, and I have a very uncomfortable ride vibration I cant seem to track down. Bottom line, I just cant afford this trip down.
Sorry to hear that Tony. It wont be the same without ya. I understand tho. Money is becoming a pinch for me too with all of the stuff I have on my plate. Was talking to Al the other day about my car messing up also. If thing dont start looking better I might be slowly parting her out sadly just to keep her going. Lets just hope it doesnt end up that way.
Old 05-20-09, 04:41 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info. I am not really interested in getting prizes to show the car, I just want to park in the NELOC area and have the car look the best it can, and just enjoy the show. I will plan to get to VA beach before 10.
Old 05-20-09, 07:02 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

cool see you there. remind me a few days before the show so i can give you my contact info so you can hit me up when your close.
Old 05-20-09, 09:11 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if theres some kind of donation fund, ill be glad to chip donate
Old 05-20-09, 09:14 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SH347
if theres some kind of donation fund, ill be glad to chip donate

as of yet there is no Neloc donation fund. dont know really how to set one up. tony if you can chime in here and help me out please. dont know what the rule and stuff are on this.
Old 05-21-09, 07:11 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its not often that I post events on this board as I know I live very far away from everyone, but my friends and I have organized a car show to raise funds for a local boy that need our help.

Daniel Yara is battling Pulmonary Fibrosis and is in need of a double lung transplant. His story can be found here. http://www.cotafordaniely.com/
What I would do is setup a paypal fund for this cause, and also bring more attention to the cause by expanding on the link you posted. I know that it is clearly posted but you and I both know that MOST people only skim read threads anyway. If you want to ask NELOC to contribute funds for this cause then,

a. set the paypal first.

b. post the info in the forum for people to contribute.

c. since this will involve funds from this forum, I will need a full disclosure of the funds being contibuted so that I am aware of what is being given/where the funds are going and how much. My being advised of the funds transfer will keep me aware of what is going on in order to avoid a possible money scam solicitation in the forums.

d. post in the forum as to how much money was collected, thru donation from this forum, and a photo as you hand the check over to the benefactor; or some kind of written letter of acknowledgement from them will keep everyone at ease about their donation.

I know that you are a stand up guy and even I can vouch for your character, however for the sake of public disclosure, since you will be collecting funds from this public forum, we need to keep everyone at ease in knowing that their donation WILL go to where it is intended to.
Old 05-27-09, 09:45 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

bump

are the people on the list still coming? please verify for me.
Old 05-29-09, 06:08 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Still plan on coming, I will keep you updated.
Old 05-29-09, 10:08 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dammit.. have to work that weekend.. was holding off until i found out exactly what was going on but it seems like im screwed.. my bad joe.. always wanted to check VA beach out though.. rain check?
Old 06-01-09, 05:31 AM
amorphous
Pole Position

I want to come out, but i don't know if i will make it. I have a graduation party to attend in fredericksburg va..... if i can i'll travel down.
Old 06-02-09, 06:32 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be there for a car wash, My 1st gen SC is not ready but I will be in town for my children's last day of school. (Field Day) So I will be there in my SC430 (no mods) but, will leave shortly after the wash...do I need to paypal you the money now or pay there?
Old 06-02-09, 11:17 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I will be there for a car wash, My 1st gen SC is not ready but I will be in town for my children's last day of school. (Field Day) So I will be there in my SC430 (no mods) but, will leave shortly after the wash...do I need to paypal you the money now or pay there?

just pay there.

hope to see you guys there.
Old 06-02-09, 12:05 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

hate im going to miss this... have to visit the family in NC.
Old 06-02-09, 01:25 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by camelflage
hate im going to miss this... have to visit the family in NC.
roll through on your way down. lol

seem like alot of people have prior obligations. =( was hoping to show the beach what neloc was about, oh well theres always next time!

Quick Reply: Fund Raiser Car Show 6/6/09 Va Beach, Va.