NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Long Island Best Buy Thursdays?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-09, 08:00 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say lets try out broadway since its about the same distance and then we can see how the turn out looks and go from there.
Old 07-03-09, 10:00 PM
RN8 GS300
Driver

Hey guys, I understand what all of you are saying and I have a couple of ideas and input. First off, Chris - Bellmore, I've heard of it and I know people who bring out muscle cars and old school Ferrari's out there. I hear it is a great meet and that it gets big.... and most of the guys don't do burnouts like here at BestBuy, thus cops aren't spoken of. Those meets sound interesting and I think we as a group could take a ride down there on Friday and check it out possibly? I don't think we should stray away that far from the BestBuy meets because on a good night, those meets are amazing. The range of cars and amount of cars that come out is great. We should definitly be cautious and possibly do a mini-meet and then drive or walk over to BestBuy and check it out. Our plans also need to incorporate how many of the Lexus crew we can get out, meaning a spot big enough to accomodate us if possible. DD is good and private (just ask the guy in the shady corner of the parking lot hehe) and that's usally for five or six cars. The Source mall is also a good place to meet because that mall stays open late and has a large parking garage where we can get out of the Miami weather if need be, (supposedly a Subaru crew meets there too on the second level), and it is closer to the BestBuy meet than the Broadway mall. Broadway mall is a big place, but I haven't heard of anything happening down there and I think most of the people in that area come down to BestBuy anyway ha. I mean do you guys want to make an exclusive meet just for Lexus? Or do you want people to gaze in awe at what Lexus has to bring to the meets? Mini-meets, as Mike brought up, sound good too. I have nothing against the Broadway mall and I'm game for that, just we might be secluded. Idea's, Thought's?

Last edited by RN8 GS300; 07-03-09 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-04-09, 12:22 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

call me a party pooper, but I almost enjoy the smaller meets better, but if we did want to associate with the whole best buy thing, we should park away from the ruckus rather than right in the middle of it. Try to make it the same spot in the lot every week, and we'd enjoy it better. I honestly hate getting down there, then having to drive up and down crowded aisles to look for a spot that is HOPEFULLY next to the rest of the guys.

Chris
Old 07-04-09, 09:37 PM
<>sonmylex
Pole Position

yeah i think the times of best buy westbury are over.. this past week was rediculous.. wayyyy too many cops.
Old 07-05-09, 02:20 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mini CLUB LEXUS Meet First

I think we should have a Mini CLUB LEXUS Meet or Lexus Meet or Whatever Meet First . We should have a Set Time & Set Location. All who are there can then decide what the Best options are for the night. If we decide to Roll. We can roll as a group to what ever location (ie.Best Buy Or Belmore Train Station) if we go to (ie.Best Buy Or Belmore Train Station) we can then park as a group instead of being spread out all over the place
Old 07-05-09, 05:23 PM
captcrunch
Driver

yeah deff id would doo that.lets set this **** up guysss
Old 07-05-09, 06:31 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by excluesive
call me a party pooper, but I almost enjoy the smaller meets better, but if we did want to associate with the whole best buy thing, we should park away from the ruckus rather than right in the middle of it. Try to make it the same spot in the lot every week, and we'd enjoy it better. I honestly hate getting down there, then having to drive up and down crowded aisles to look for a spot that is HOPEFULLY next to the rest of the guys.

Chris
+1. we should try to get over to the end of the best buy lot so in case cops do decide to come, we can just leave.
Old 07-06-09, 10:48 AM
RN8 GS300
Driver

Yea, we met up at DD a couple of times and then rolled to the Best Buy meet. For anything we should do that, meet up first, and then roll in as a group. I'm with exclusive on that one, I don't like having to find a spot in the Best Buy lot and then hope it's near the other guys.
Old 07-06-09, 11:06 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

well im am almost positive that best buy and the sports authority/ruby tuesdays lot is closed down. so i say we should just meet up at the dd and then figure out where 2 roll out from there
Old 07-06-09, 06:03 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
well im am almost positive that best buy and the sports authority/ruby tuesdays lot is closed down. so i say we should just meet up at the dd and then figure out where 2 roll out from there
We got the place??? Dunkin Donuts??? We just need to set a time???
Old 07-06-09, 06:19 PM
RN8 GS300
Driver

Sounds good. DD is a good place to meet, we're the only ones there basically. We've met there before. So I say let's meet there around 9:30 that way we'll get there early enough to meet others as they come later around 10:00 and so on. The DD is across the street from the Source mall on Old Country.
Old 07-06-09, 08:11 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

i might be out there. probably rolling out there with joe(Licelsior). hopefully fedex ships my new goodies early enough.
Old 07-08-09, 08:03 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

so whos comin 2 the dd 2morrow

ill b there around 9
Old 07-08-09, 11:32 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

should be there.
Old 07-09-09, 05:46 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Default Roll call

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
so whos comin 2 the dd 2morrow

ill b there around 9
Dunkin Donuts Roll Call? What Time? 9:00 or 9:30
If the weather is GOOD I will be there.

Turbo819

Quick Reply: Long Island Best Buy Thursdays?