NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD/VA/DC Carlisle Caravan Thread 09

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-09, 09:56 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MD/VA/DC Carlisle Caravan Thread 09

OK guys and gals its about that time. Carlisle is right around the corner, and its time to start organizing one of the best parts which is....yes thats right....the caravan.

There will be two caravans, one going up on Friday and the other early morning Saturday. Regardless of which caravan you choose there will be a caravan leader, as well as someone to keep up the rear. The pace will be set by the leader and the whom ever brings up the rear will Remember the point of a caravan is just that....the caravan. So lets drive up responsibly, safely, and not call unnecessary attention to ourselves. This is not a who has the fastest car contest. We are all responsible adults and though it is very tempting to have that heavy foot, lets do our best to stay safe, organized, and mindful of other drivers. Cops are going to be out in full force as usual so we dont want to give them a reason to hem us up.

For the friday crew, lets plan on meeting up at 10am at the park and ride right off of I-83 North. At this point the Friday caravan crew needs to decide if we want to get breakfast at IHOP like we did last year or head straight up to Carlisle from the park and ride. We must have a decision by May 6th-7th as it affects our departure and arrival time.

MEET SPOT AND DEPARTURE TIME
I-83N Exit 16B
Turn left off exit
Meet in commuter parking lot on right (Timonium light rail stop for those local)

For those going up Saturday, it is absolutely crucial that you leave on time. We must be in the fairgrounds by 10:00 AM. You will be meeting the rest of NELOC at the registration building located directly across from the fairgrounds by 9:00 AM to get your passes.

Carvan Route for both MD Caravans
Route -- I-695 to Baltimore to I-83 North. follow that to exit 41 (rt 581 west) and follow that to I-81 South. Take 81 south to exit 52 (rt 11 )SOUTH][turn right off of the exit]) and follow that to Carlisle.

Directions to Registration Bldg-

Follow the above directions to get to the Carlisle area. Use the following to get to the registration bldg.

1. RT 11 SOUTH to N. East Street, and Turn right(will see an Autozone on your left, and Gas
Station on your right). This street will turn into Clay Street.
2. Follow this road to the next stop light and turn right onto Carlisle Springs Road (RT 34)
3. Follow this to K Street and Turn Left onto K street.
4. Registration building will be on your left b4 the traffic circle.

** You will have to go around the traffic circle and enter the parking lot on the back side of the bldg***

We are looking to meet here so that we can all roll in together as a group by no later than 9 am on Saturday morning. It is required that you check in at the registration bldg first before you will be admitted into the fairgrounds. There is a window sticker which you will be given to affix to the windshield of yor car which will identify you as a show participant.

Please post up for which day you're caravaning up. If you're going up on Friday also indicate whether or not you want to have breakfast at IHOP.

Caravan Rules Thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...a-caravan.html

***NOTE*** PLEASE FUEL UP PRIOR TO ARRIVING TO ANY CARAVAN MEETING SPOT. It can be a bit of a pain trying to get a bunch of cars in a gas station parking lot for 2-3 people having to fill up. We will be leaving the caravan meeting area to get on the road so get all gas and drinks and whatever prior to meeting everyone.

Friday Caravan Crew:
1. Smitty - IHOP
2. BernieIS - IHOP
3. greenvy2k - IHOP

Friday Night
1. Beez43
2. montgb

Saturday Caravan Crew:
1. Ali SC3
2. 02GGP_IS

Last edited by Smitty; 05-07-09 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-03-09, 12:23 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ill hopefully be rolling up late friday night.. hopefully work will allow me the weekend..
Old 05-03-09, 01:22 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Its looking like Saturday for me as of right now.
Old 05-03-09, 02:10 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by beez43
ill hopefully be rolling up late friday night.. hopefully work will allow me the weekend..
Ditto for me. See you guys up there!
Old 05-03-09, 02:54 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smitty add me friday for IHOP
Old 05-03-09, 05:12 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the Gallardo is delivered by then, i'll be there.
Old 05-03-09, 05:50 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

ISf crew will be leaving on Sat.morning

Meeting spot is as usual at Fairoaks mall...be there by 5:45am.

Old 05-03-09, 06:31 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Kathy and I are in for the Friday AM caravan...with IHOP.
Old 05-03-09, 06:37 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

ill be leaving on friday also. unfortunately my route doesnt take me any where close to you guys so ill just see you up there. =)
Old 05-04-09, 08:00 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vntperform
If the Gallardo is delivered by then, i'll be there.
NICE!!!

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
ill be leaving on friday also. unfortunately my route doesnt take me any where close to you guys so ill just see you up there. =)
Maybe we can meet you at the Maryland house or in PA somewhere. We should be crossing paths somewhere and we can arrange for the group to meet up with you somewhere.

-Smitty
Old 05-04-09, 08:50 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Smitty

Maybe we can meet you at the Maryland house or in PA somewhere. We should be crossing paths somewhere and we can arrange for the group to meet up with you somewhere.

-Smitty

this is my route up. if you guys can figure out where we cross paths let me know. with a 23 ft trailer its gonna be tough for me to make detours. lol

Merge onto I-81 N (Passing through WEST VIRGINIA and MARYLAND, then crossing into PENNSYLVANIA). 265.2 mi Map Avoid

Merge onto PA-581 E/HARRISBURG EXPY via EXIT 59 toward US-11/CAMP HILL. 5.5 mi Map Avoid

Merge onto US-11 N/US-15 N via EXIT 5A. 2.4 mi Map Avoid

End at 1150 Camp Hill Byp Camp Hill, PA 17011-3734
Old 05-04-09, 03:03 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Have fun guys, I am actually going up to PA on thursday night to visit a friend, and I'll see everyone on saturday.
(Great carlisle roll in pics btw)
Old 05-04-09, 04:09 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Routes will not cross. Just meet ya there.

God,, I love the roll in pics from last year. 60 Lexus' all coming in together all at one time. Too bad this year's attendance will be NOTHING like it was last year.

Last edited by trukn1; 05-04-09 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 11:24 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to this year crew? Anyway yall save me a spot, I might be getting off late Friday night, and not able to meet for the caravan, but I will be there. What happened to the NY,PA,DE,NJ crew????
Old 05-05-09, 03:32 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Smitty, please switch me to the Friday Night caravan. Thanks!

Quick Reply: MD/VA/DC Carlisle Caravan Thread 09