NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Prayers and well wishes will be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 06:46 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Folks,

First and foremost, I have to say thank you...thank you to all of you for your support and for showing us how much you really care. It means a lot, it really does.

I'm sure I don't have to say that this has been a tough week for me and my family. But, we're getting through it, we're continuing to live life.

My father had a severe stroke about 6 weeks ago...that's when this whole roller-coaster ride started. He went from the hospital to a rehab center/nursing home. We all knew that there was a very good chance that he'd never be well enough to come home but, we always held out hope.

2 Thursdays ago, when he passed, he went quietly, peacefully, and painlessly, with my mother by his side which, if you've gotta go, is the way to do it.

He was a really great man. I inherited my electronics savvy from him (those of you who have seen my mods will understand this). He worked as a Project Engineer for Ames Lawn & Garden Tools in Parkersburg WV for many years. While there, he had a hand in designing the majority of their new products. He has his name on no less than 14 U.S. Patents (if you do a search of patents at www.uspto.gov, he's the only "Planthaber" that comes up).

His service last Monday, while a painful event in some ways, was a wonderful celebration of his life. I had the opportunity to speak as did several of his friends. I had to keep my comments light-hearted, lest I would just lose it (and that's just not cool). He even had a friend of his from his high-school days make it to the service and say a few words. This was just one example of my dad's life-long friends.

My greatest hope in life is to be as great a man as he was...and be able to earn as many loyal and lifelong friends as he had.
Old 05-19-09, 12:59 PM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 05-21-09, 09:46 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Greg ....

Sorry I'm late in conveying my condolences. Our family recently suffered a similar loss, though on the extreme opposite end of the 'age' scale.

My heart goes out to you and your family !

Dave
Old 05-22-09, 05:21 PM
howat
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best wishes