NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Pulled over for Tint off 66

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 12:51 PM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that... I know in MD you have to 35% or higher or techincally it's "illegal". Any excuse they can found, they will....
Old 05-20-09, 12:21 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
I got 35% all around..included windshield..and I got the free pass

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/med20.pdf
I do too BUT was told on xmas eve when the Loudoun PoPo pulled me over, 6 Sherifff cars, that was not sufficient to justify the tint and got very aggressive when I questioned why.
Old 05-20-09, 02:30 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
I do too BUT was told on xmas eve when the Loudoun PoPo pulled me over, 6 Sherifff cars, that was not sufficient to justify the tint and got very aggressive when I questioned why.
that's weird..i guess i have to wait until pulled over by popo.
Old 05-21-09, 12:35 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

They usually turn around to tail me after they notice tint + lack of front plates, then they see my rear plate (diplomat) and leave me alone. I always have cops in Vienna (near tysons corner) make u-turns to tail me at night.
Old 05-21-09, 06:23 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me just say this once, fairfax cops are 99% ***** heads. i got my car thoroughly searched 2 times in one night, apparently for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (herndon VA 10 pm summer night, hmmm...). ffx county cops have that mexico mentality of guilty until proven innocent where as 'most' md cops at least ones that are far enough from 495 are usually pretty chill and actually helpful at times. i always hated cops and never knew why, then i realized that its just certain cops that i hate and a lot of them police for NOVA... i seriously wished i would have gotten a badge number and filed a complaint (not that this would have accomplished anything) one night when i was physically harassed (handcuffed and bruised) by a rookie ffx county cop for walking through a park (on the bike path that cut through a park apparently, while walking from my house to my friends house cutting through a neighborhood) after dark.

i have driven in fairfax county for 5 solid years got a ridiculous amount of tickets, without over exaggerating the number of tickets is somewhere around 14 (for various moving and nonmoving violations). i drove for about 7 years in places other than ffx county and have received about 4 tickets total. something wrong with these numbers, oh and car has only been searched and myself in handcuffs only in, you guessed it, ffx county.

i wonder how they sleep at night, how they can tell themselves that they are doing good and making a difference??

Last edited by sojah; 05-21-09 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-21-09, 06:37 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Legal limit in VA is 50% (front windows) and 35% (rear windows) on cars. On SUVs, it's 50% up front and whatever you want in the rear.
Old 05-21-09, 09:39 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Know your rights !

Originally Posted by sojah
i got my car thoroughly searched 2 times in one night, apparently for being in the wrong place at the wrong time
WTF man ... you need to stand up for your rights. Specifically the 4th amendment. The PoPo CANNOT search your car unless you agree to it.

Now I don't agree with the jist of some of this video but the cops will get the big F U if they ask to search my car. Pay attention to the "we'll bring the dogs and they'll tear your car up" and the "we'll help you if you help us" parts fo the video. Just shut up refuse to consent to a search without a warrant and lawyer up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjM...layer_embedded
Old 05-21-09, 10:34 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i can't get youtube at work can you give me the search terms and i can usually get it up on google videos that way, don't ask, but it will usually work from google vids search but not from youtube links, very secure i know...
Old 05-21-09, 12:35 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Great video!
Old 05-21-09, 02:43 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah well i wish when i was 18 that i would have had the ***** to say 'no' to a search. i almost always had some liquor in the trunk behind my subwoofer box and never had them look there... not sure if they just don't like to mess with the trunk or not, but i always figured if i refused to a search that they would tear my car apart with some dogs or something...

P.S. one of my Herndon VA searches was to avoid a pretty big speeding ticket... not a bad trade off if you ask me.

nice vid, a little late in life to learn all of this but maybe i'll pass it off to my little sis.
Old 05-21-09, 07:18 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

A cop has every right to pull anyone over. They'll give makeup any reason just because he was either in a bad mood that day or you could D.W.A(asian)/P(puerto rican)/B(black) Etc. Just a few to list that's what someone that works in the law enforcement told me. Best way to do it is act cool, don't be a smart@$$. If you did something wrong, just admit it for example speeding. We all know how fast we go sometimes. They sometime let you off the hook if you tell the truth. Next thing get a POBA/PBA Card and/or badge on the front windshield and you should be fine.
Old 05-21-09, 08:26 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i have had those cop donation stickers in and even right on my drivers side window and still got ticketed. i am white and so were most of the cops so you can rule that one out, but i am a very big smart a$$ so thats prolly why they like to flex their authority, i need to just shut up and color and i'll prolly live a lot longer
Old 05-21-09, 08:40 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Yeah those donation stickers don't mean anything at all. They don't really care much about it. The only thing that kind of matters is the PBA/POBA card and/or the badge on the windshield. That youtube video doesn't help at all it can actually make things even worst. Couple of days ago my uncle tried to correct a cop for a violation he didn't commit, therefore he went over to the corner where the "suppose" violation happen. When he came back the cop gave him another ticket. By the way it's one of those Port Authority cops = Major @$$holes = comparable to CHP.
Old 05-22-09, 03:56 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

what is a pba/poba card or badge on the windshield? your not talking about the sticker with a police looking badge on it that you get if you make a donation, and every year they change up the color or style so you have to make another donation to get the new one, plus they give you a little plastic card that looks the sticker but the size of a credit card to keep in your wallet for some stupid reason?? i used to try to use my military id to get out of a ticket or 2 and it worked (outside of nova), but in nova when they said 'license and registration' and i handed them my military id first the guy looked at it handed it back and said i asked for your 'license and registration', i was like okay okay calm down.
Old 05-22-09, 05:18 PM
howat
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to court today, and happy to the report...DISMISSED.

The court asked whether I had proof for the tint removal. I said no since 'no 21 Century devices, such as digital camera and digital cell phones are permitted inside the building'.

The court then asked what was done for the removal? My response, 'blade and heat-gun'.
The judge responded with 'dismissed.' All of this lasted less than 3 minutes.

Isn't it ironic brainless beasts (NoVa worsts) were countered and balanced by wisdom and pragmatism from the old sage (judge)? Through this experience, I've seen some of the best and the very worst this area has to offer.

peace

Quick Reply: Pulled over for Tint off 66