NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Pulled over for Tint off 66

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 09:59 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check on this site, I think the PBA/POBA card are only in NY and NJ area. Not many other states does this. The card itself contains the officer name and badge number so does the shield on the windshield. These are given by the police officers to their friends and family at their own discretion. http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-39455.html Here's a link to what a PBA card may look like http://www.nycpba.org/publications/m...nter/zink.html

Last edited by crazee201; 05-22-09 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-23-09, 03:40 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazee201
A cop has every right to pull anyone over. They'll give makeup any reason just because he was either in a bad mood that day or you could D.W.A(asian)/P(puerto rican)/B(black) Etc. Just a few to list that's what someone that works in the law enforcement told me. Best way to do it is act cool, don't be a smart@$$. If you did something wrong, just admit it for example speeding. We all know how fast we go sometimes. They sometime let you off the hook if you tell the truth. Next thing get a POBA/PBA Card and/or badge on the front windshield and you should be fine.
Dude ... last time I checked NJ was in the United States .... not cold-war era Russia. A cop cannot just pull you over when he/she feels like it. They have to have probable cause now that could be for a variety of things:
• driving infraction (such as speeding or running a light)
• illegal equipment (tinted windows, exhaust, busted lights, illegally colored lighting)
What it boils down to is that if an officer pulls you over and it ends up being a ticket he/she better have a legit reason for stopping you in the first place. Now if they are just pulling you over to scare you and you know you're not in violation then just wait to be let go.

Now you're right about being respectful tot he badge and being courteous to the officer by keeping your hands visible and only moving after asking permission to do so

We don't have those card/badge things here in VA and the donation, police supporter stickers don't work very well here in VA.

Originally Posted by crazee201
Yeah those donation stickers don't mean anything at all. They don't really care much about it. The only thing that kind of matters is the PBA/POBA card and/or the badge on the windshield. That youtube video doesn't help at all it can actually make things even worst. Couple of days ago my uncle tried to correct a cop for a violation he didn't commit, therefore he went over to the corner where the "suppose" violation happen. When he came back the cop gave him another ticket. By the way it's one of those Port Authority cops = Major @$$holes = comparable to CHP.
Watch that you tube video again ... the guy didn't "get out of the ticket" that wasn't the point of the video ... or any of the videos for that matter ... they just didn't get into any MORE trouble by letting the police "fish" for more stuff by allowing an ILLEGAL search of their vehicles.

You're uncle is a dumbass for trying to correct an officer, a simple yes sir/ma'am would've been sufficient then he could've fought whatever it was in court and probably won b/c the judge has to go by the rule of law NOT the officers interpretation of it.

I have cousin who is a County Sheriff in LA and he has a notation added to the DMV out there for all of the cars registered to his immediate family ... if any of them gets pulled over it shows up on the screen when they run the tags, that's the only REAl way to get out of tickets.
Old 05-23-09, 06:53 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i'll have to ask my md fellow car wash cop buddy if they have these pba/poba cards.

btw i got pulled over last october i believe doing 110+ (in md) on the way to work, (really close to nsa) and the cop (md cop) let me go with a warning. told me to keep the speed with the flow of traffic, noticed that there was no traffic (which is why i guess i was going over 100 in the first place) and then said i was lucky he was in a good mood and to keep it at a reasonable speed... i don't see this ever happening anywhere close to nova..., ever!
Old 05-23-09, 08:38 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

BossGS4 a police officer can pull you over for any reasons they want to. The main reason they'll give is "suspicion of the vehicle or driver." Some officers will harass you if you are a minority and do not know your own rights. For example, the Texas police shaking down the drivers. Here's a link to the article http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/...ref=newssearch. The main point of that youtube video is that those 3 knowingly committed a crime that's why they need to understand the law and avoid the fishing from the officer for additional offenses.
Old 05-26-09, 04:48 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm gonna try to keep this as short as i can: driving down 66 west to the luray caverns on sunday and all 4 lanes were just full of traffic going about 57 in a 55, up ahead i could see 2 motorcycles leading this huge pack and nobody in front of them. in about 10 mins i managed to fight my way all the way to the front, another motorcycle signaled to me that it was a cop ahead of the only vehicle left between me and them, i managed to get next to the 2 motorcycle cops, i gave them the corny thumbs up and nice bike man, i locked my cruise on to match their speed (57mph), nobody was even next to me in the other 2 lanes, after about 5 mins of this i bumped my cruise up +1 mph and after about 30 seconds and 8 ft of progress 1 of the cops who was in the usual FFX county getup chirped his little siren a few times and signaled for me to slow down, i got back parallel to them matching speeds again, after trying to creep (and i do mean creep) past them 2 other cars pulled along side me in the other 2 lanes, finally one of them crept up enough and then the other and then i followed suite, after were about 100 yds in front of them the 2 cops pulled over to the inside shoulder and just got off their bikes, all of the sudden it was like a nascar race where the pace car just pulled off and every started jocking for position and cutting off all the slower more vulnerable vehicles. bottom line is that i like to dtive about 8 mph over the limit, always, cops or not, all these other bots were conforming to the 2 + mph over and then when the cops were gone were cutting eachother off doing about 20+ over...

if i hadn't tried to pass those cops i wonder how much longer we would have waited for someone else to try it??? (most) ffx county cops suck a fatty by the way!!
Old 06-02-09, 01:20 PM
hungwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by howat
Went to court today, and happy to the report...DISMISSED.

The court asked whether I had proof for the tint removal. I said no since 'no 21 Century devices, such as digital camera and digital cell phones are permitted inside the building'.

The court then asked what was done for the removal? My response, 'blade and heat-gun'.
The judge responded with 'dismissed.' All of this lasted less than 3 minutes.

Isn't it ironic brainless beasts (NoVa worsts) were countered and balanced by wisdom and pragmatism from the old sage (judge)? Through this experience, I've seen some of the best and the very worst this area has to offer.

peace
Yeah, anyone who has sat through a Fairfax General District Court session waiting for their case to be heard can quickly come to the conclusion that minor offenses (tint, front license plate, and even exhaust violations) will be dismissed with the proper proof/response. It's a hassle, but I'd rather go to court than giving them the satisfaction of admin fees greater than the fine amount.
Old 06-02-09, 03:22 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by howat
Went to court today, and happy to the report...DISMISSED.

The court asked whether I had proof for the tint removal. I said no since 'no 21 Century devices, such as digital camera and digital cell phones are permitted inside the building'.

The court then asked what was done for the removal? My response, 'blade and heat-gun'.
The judge responded with 'dismissed.' All of this lasted less than 3 minutes.

Isn't it ironic brainless beasts (NoVa worsts) were countered and balanced by wisdom and pragmatism from the old sage (judge)? Through this experience, I've seen some of the best and the very worst this area has to offer.

peace
Owned!!!

Old 06-02-09, 08:16 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

LoL @ the pic. Prolly a rent a cop or a wannabe cop.