NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Swap meet???

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-09, 01:31 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing specific except for maybe springs and an exhaust, more just keeping my eyes open
Old 05-28-09, 07:26 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

for springs i would go with eibach which gives you a nice 1in all around and still pretty good ride quality with some kyb gas shocks. I had this on my sc b4 i went with some tein coilovers. As far as exhaust i would look at either apexi universal (good quality and not too pricey) or blitz. I have Borla mufflers on mine, love the sound just need to get bigger tips (like 4 or 4.5 instead of 3.25 in)
Old 05-28-09, 08:07 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BigGreen
for springs i would go with eibach which gives you a nice 1in all around and still pretty good ride quality with some kyb gas shocks. I had this on my sc b4 i went with some tein coilovers. As far as exhaust i would look at either apexi universal (good quality and not too pricey) or blitz. I have Borla mufflers on mine, love the sound just need to get bigger tips (like 4 or 4.5 instead of 3.25 in)
yea ive been keeping my eyes open for some eibachs....what kind of stuff do you hvae for sale?
Old 05-28-09, 09:53 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
how crazy would it be to get big and organized enough to start something like the Lexus Parade like how porsche club does it? lol

it would be awesome to have everyone in CL all across america to gather in one place and have a great time together!

CL doesnt have something like that? My old car i use to have had one every year. One big car meet called "The Bash" in Ohio every year at the start of summer. Members from all over the US and Canada came.
Old 05-28-09, 10:22 AM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say let's coach smitty to having it at his house!!!!
Old 05-28-09, 02:56 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
CL doesnt have something like that? My old car i use to have had one every year. One big car meet called "The Bash" in Ohio every year at the start of summer. Members from all over the US and Canada came.
Not that I know of.

I just know we have big regional meets but nothing major where all the regional chapters get together
Old 05-28-09, 02:57 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JZCHAOS
I say let's coach smitty to having it at his house!!!!
that wouldn't be a bad idea. but I dunno if he's willin to have car parts strewn across his lawn lol
Old 05-28-09, 03:12 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

any one have a auto supra lsd???? i have money in hand. lol
Old 05-28-09, 03:28 PM
SPL FREEK
Driver

i would just think that smaller parts would work better. like intake, maf sensors, shocks, coil overs, decals,tail lights, etc...
I think we should all just take a vote on 3 spots and by popular demand agree on that spot.
for example:
first place blah blah park- north jerz votes:whatever

sencond place: belmore train station (there is an exsiting car meet every fri i think, so the cops woun't bother us)-long island ny: votes:whatever

third place: whereever...

I think we just find out how many people are down for this, then all agree on 3 places. then take a vote on the place. most vote wins.
Old 05-28-09, 03:30 PM
SPL FREEK
Driver

I just think the swap meet makes sense since the economy is finished, people are tight for money. so swapping parts would just make sense for the GS,Es,Sc,Ls,Is,etc guys like us.
Old 05-28-09, 07:49 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i know that acura-legend.com has their own national legend meet....
i think that eventually there should be a national lexus meet
Old 05-29-09, 02:27 PM
SPL FREEK
Driver

so lets first agree and take a vote on THREE spots to choose from. Then later list a fe item that you'll DEF bring so people can get an idea of what its worth to them.
Old 05-29-09, 02:30 PM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote for Smitty's!!!! Smitty I have some chicken marinating!!!
Old 05-29-09, 05:24 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

yeah i think its a good idea.

Here are the parts that I would be willing to bring for sc300:

46mm tial style wastegate
control arm bushings
kyb gas shocks
oem springs
air fuel pressure regulator and gauge
water pumps
1jz alternator
front slotted and cross drilled rotors(OEM)
oem front calipers
auto shifter and console
lextasy projector black housing headlights
soarer shift control lever and housing
3' down and midpipe for single turbo set up
greddy rs bov adaptor
HKS fcd
marlin crawler vehicle speed sensor
oil catch can
neutral saftey switch
oem driveshaft

and probably some other parts once i complete my swap(not willing to lug a 2jzge engine and auto tranny but have them for sale or trade too)

Let me know what people would be interested in and I would bring those items to whatever location is decided on

Last edited by BigGreen; 05-29-09 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-29-09, 10:18 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Swap meet sounds like a good idea, at least for most of you, however I do caution that ANYONE who sells parts to another need be very clear on the condition, as well as pricing of that part. Buyers, need to be very clear on what they are purchasing, as well as understand that NELOC, nor any of the moderators, will assume ANY RESPONSIBILITY in the resolution of disputes, should one arise amongst members. Transactions will be conducted between individuals only, and in the interest of keeping the altercation potential down, EVERYONE need to understand that this WILL NOT be a NELOC event, moreso than one in which individual members come together to help one another out with the exchanging of needed parts amongst themselves.

This warning is being put out in the open for the sake of advisement. In the past business transactions betwen members, especially that of high dollar items, have turned out to be not so good. Problems have arisen, reputations were crushed, and animosity nearly tore the ENTIRE group apart. No items being brought will be allowed to be posted in this forum, with prices, however you will be allowed to post the items themselves being bring brought to the meet, as the listing of sale prices in this particular forum is not allowed and WILL be moved to the appropriate classified section. Members wishing to post items with prices being brought to the meet, need to PM me beforehand with that listing so that the appropriate thread response can be created once this meet is officially organized.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 05-30-09 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Swap meet???