NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Beach getaway sometime end of July??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-09, 08:19 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beach getaway sometime end of July??

Guys, I figured I wanted to throw it out there... I was wondering if anyone might be up for a little weekend getaway to a beach house somewhere in Rehoboth. I think it will be something other than just standing around our cars to do and just take a weekend to relax and get some sun. Havent been to the beach on the east coast as of yet but figured it might be a fun little outing. I was thinking if we can get enough people, we can get a nice beach house to rent for the weekend and get a grill and bonfire going... there is the boardwalk with bars and other activities to engage in... what do you guys think? ill post something up.. ill also have a group of Hill staffers come with to make it an even better deal that cant be passed up!!
Old 06-03-09, 08:32 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

um.... Wheres Rehoboth???

Im in as long as its not a weekend that I have my daughter. Dont think Neloc peeps will enjoy their time with a 1yr old possibly crying.
Old 06-03-09, 08:37 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Sorry, its in Deleware... I dont think kids would be unwelcomed.. but accommodating them might be difficult if we are all packed in a house...
Old 06-03-09, 08:49 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

why go to rehoboth beach when ocean city md is like 20-25 mins away from there? ocmd is much better, although the cost is probably twice as much.

if interested, i just stayed down in ocmd the end of april at the seacrets hotel on 49th street. its pretty much a little mini condo. big living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, small balcony. then steps upstairs to a larger bedroom and bath.
Old 06-03-09, 09:04 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

*cough cough* there is always virginia beach. sand bridge area is nice. they have big houses for rent and if i remember correctly price is very affordable.

plus if you guys hang out at va beach. even if i have my daughter i can come chill without making other guest uncomfortable. =)
Old 06-03-09, 09:06 AM
beez43
Pole Position

just thought it might be nice but of course its only a 25 minute drive each way.. wherever might be better, i just thought that rehoboth was pretty nice to begin with when i visited...
Old 06-03-09, 09:07 AM
beez43
Pole Position

va beach sounds like a lot of fun too.. wherever might be the best place for a bonfire, grill, and cheap rent!!
Old 06-03-09, 09:09 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

VA Beach is cool. I dont think OC is all that great. Guess its because I grew up in Myrtle Beach.

-Smitty
Old 06-03-09, 09:12 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

I"m down for this, but end of July is no good. How about beginning of August? I'm out of the country for most of July and I have a wedding in MD at the end of July. August & most of Sept I'm open. I was just at Rehoboth this past weekend, I love this area. It'd be great to do the beach thing with NELOC.
Old 06-03-09, 10:08 AM
beez43
Pole Position

that can work too.. just have to see how my committee's bill is doing and if it passes on time or not.. then we can maybe shoot for early august or late august if anything..
Old 06-03-09, 12:02 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by beez43
that can work too.. just have to see how my committee's bill is doing and if it passes on time or not.. then we can maybe shoot for early august or late august if anything..
im in. ill check and see if i have resort properties in the areas....

Originally Posted by Smitty
VA Beach is cool. I dont think OC is all that great. Guess its because I grew up in Myrtle Beach.

-Smitty
no kidding! man im from piedmont area of NC, spent time almost every summer down at Myrtle (as do all carolinians).
Old 06-03-09, 12:16 PM
beez43
Pole Position

the hell camel? BALLER!!!! hopefully you got something in va beach and all of us can chip in for the weekend.. i think itll be a pretty fun road trip where we actually do something other than just sitting around drooling over each other's cars... we can drool at the ladies on the beach as well..
Old 06-03-09, 01:12 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by beez43
the hell camel? BALLER!!!! hopefully you got something in va beach and all of us can chip in for the weekend.. i think itll be a pretty fun road trip where we actually do something other than just sitting around drooling over each other's cars... we can drool at the ladies on the beach as well..
well, i dont have any places in VA beach, only williamsburg.

ill check with a friend of mine whos family has a place in lewes beach, right down from rehoboth.
Old 06-03-09, 11:47 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in!

i love beach trips
Old 06-04-09, 06:44 AM
beez43
Pole Position

YES!!! well my friend's brother is the electrician for many beach house rental companies and might be able to get the hook up... ill let you know how that works out but yes.. main thing is that we have to find the beach house first..

Quick Reply: Beach getaway sometime end of July??