NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Who is down?!?! Crabs and ribs in annapolis??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 03:17 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dammit. I am leaving around noon on Saturday, won't be able to join.
Old 06-24-09, 04:27 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds good to me, i'm gonna see if i can't drum up some more support from the ls section.

i haven't been to cantlers in over 10 years so i want to see if its as good as i remember. if you ask anyone in the (nappy town) area where to go for crabs this is always the first and most times only response so the bar has been set pretty high in my mind. my wife is allergic to crabs so that's why i haven't ever gone since i've been married, but i here that they have a pretty extensive sea food menu as well.
Old 06-24-09, 06:29 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Cool!! Sojah, do you know of a spot in the area where we can all meet up at and then caravan down to the restaurant?
Old 06-24-09, 06:46 AM
vbspunger
Pole Position

Damn i might need to come up to this. lets get everyone in the 757 together and role up!

Workedit
Ultra_vip
anyone else???
Old 06-24-09, 07:10 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm game. Where at in Annapolis is this place? I know a few back scenic roads I usually take when I'm going to Annapolis mall. Helps me dodge a lot of the 301, route 50 traffic on the weekends.

-Smitty
Old 06-24-09, 07:13 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

I'm in for 2 people. (only 1 crab eater)
Old 06-24-09, 07:45 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

if it a lot of cars (10+) do you guys want a brand new parking garage (free) that is patrolled by security, or just like a big grocery parking lot? cantlers is close to the navy commissary if you know where that is. maybe the annapolis mall is a good place to meet (centrally located) but the parking/ meeting spot could be a little confusing.

Last edited by sojah; 06-24-09 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-24-09, 08:40 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys - new to CL; live in somd. i plan on introducing myself on the neloc thread once i have a few pics of my car to post. mind if i swing by? always up to meet new people and what not.
Old 06-24-09, 08:44 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

sounds good to me but i guess i'm a neloc newb myself still...
Old 06-24-09, 08:54 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Kathy and I are in!

We've missed quite a few NELOC events over the last few months; we've got some catching up to do.
Old 06-24-09, 08:58 AM
beez43
Pole Position

You are more than welcome to Ryan!!! This will be an awesome adventure it seems like. Sojah, is there ample room at the photo op area? if so, maybe we can all convene there, take a couple pics, and then head down to satisfy our craving for some chesapeake crustaceans!! still gotta call them but im sure they can accommodate us. ill update further as soon as i find the time to call them up..
Old 06-24-09, 10:04 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sweet - looking forward to it!
Old 06-24-09, 10:05 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

not really that much space depending on how many cars, it might draw some negative attention, here is an idea of the terrain.. i used these spots to help sell/ market my old gs400:

its a beautiful slow 10+ minute drive but there are all houses on one side of the road and all sand, water, docks, kayaks, and small sailboats on the other side of the road. i have caught a few strange looks driving down there occasionally, but not as many in my fairly stock looking 05 ls as i did in my flashy gs400 w/ exhaust. i usually just drive slow and look for some cool spots then pull over quick and snap a few shots, not sure how long or how cool it would be to stop a bunch of cars say 7+ and get out and try to take your time to get some professional style shots. i don't think it would be a hassle to park a few (1-5) for a 2-5 minute quick photo session but the more cars the more attention it would draw. let me think of some other spots that would be cool to stop at... give me a minute.

i can think of about 5 spots that are great for like 1-3 cars to stop at and get some tight backdrops but the more cars at once the more of a pain it would be. hmmmm... still thinking...

Last edited by sojah; 06-24-09 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-24-09, 10:16 AM
beez43
Pole Position

well it looks like as of now, we should be anticipating 20 rides if the VA boys decide to come up... should that happen, a nice open parking area would suffice as a good meet area..
Old 06-24-09, 10:39 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

leading up to the opening of this brand new second largest whole foods in the U.s they had a big like 6 story brand new parking garage that was at like 1% capacity about 2 blocks off of highway 50 at the new annapolis town center. there are a couple high rise living buildings that are also supposed to be using the same parking garage but if they are still very empty the roof of that structure was pretty chill. i drove up there and posted up for a few minutes and thought that it would be a chill spot for some pics, but not a fancy backdrop or anything.

so i can think of 1 or 2 other spots that may work out for about 12 cars to park and get some good water background shots but the unfortunate thing is that any place in annapolis on a saturday afternoon during nice weather will be way to crowded with people, and probably would be able to park 3 cars in a row let alone many more. a sat morning would work out perfect but not so much a sat afternoon/evening, yeahhhh...

Quick Reply: Who is down?!?! Crabs and ribs in annapolis??