NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Who is down?!?! Crabs and ribs in annapolis??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 11:29 AM
camelflage
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7/11 i will be at a wedding....
Old 06-24-09, 12:31 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well sojah, it looks like the parking spot will work. Whats the address to that? this looks like itll be a pretty awesome event..
Old 06-24-09, 12:45 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has someone actually called Cantler's and verified all-you can eat ? I didn;t think they offered that. Another thing is that teh parking at Cantler's is extremely limited, as in if they are full you will be waiting on the street to park until someone else leaves. Cantler's does have the best tasting FRESHEST crabs anywhere around.

Tim's River Shore is fun fun FUN but it is in Dumfries, VA.

I'm down for either one !
Old 06-24-09, 01:22 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i just called, here goes... they have all you can eat crabs today and through the weekend but they said its pretty much on a daily basis if they will be offering it or not. the lady i just spoke with said to call the thursday or friday before and verify that on the saturday if they will be offering the all you can eat... also they said they don't take reservations on weekends. she told me to call early the day off and let them know what time and how many... she said 20 wasn't to many people at all just call early the day off and they would try and reserve a spot and what not... hmmm....

oh yeah and i guess i'm +1 as well
Old 06-24-09, 01:26 PM
beez43
Pole Position

I say since we are meeting up around 445, head down by 5 to be safe. I dont see it getting that ridiculous on a saturday at 5.. correct me if im wrong.. hence the 4:45 time for that day... What do you all think? Also, I doubt the parking will be packed at the restaurant by then.. should we bump it up to 430 meet time and head over to get there by 5? Also, are we doing the all you can eat option or just ordering off the menu?
Old 06-24-09, 03:51 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if I can make this beez, Im almost positive I'll be in AZ that weekend.

I'll let you know for sure though.
Old 06-24-09, 04:04 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

so the big new parking gay-rajj is off, i just drove up there and the roof is on lock down, gotta have a vip pass to get up to the roof. i just checked out the annapolis mall new(er) parking garage over by nordstroms on the new edition side and it was completely empty on the roof and had security cameras so not shady at all, i guess this is the meet up spot then?? my wife said its like 26$ for the all you can at cantlers and i just talked to my boy up at the gas station and he said other than cantlers he really like that buddy's spot that i think was the first mentioned place... so i guess if cantlers somehow can't accommodate for whatever reason that we should have a back up spot, right??
Old 06-25-09, 07:29 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just a thought - buddys is not the nicest of places. i would reccomend mikes on riva rd as a back up. they have pretty decent food outside of crabs, and also have outside dining on the river. band saturday nights as well. cantlers is always packed, so definitely call ahead. that place is well known for it's crabs!
Old 06-25-09, 07:47 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Just throwing this out there. My favorite place for Crabs is Harrison's in Kent Narrows. A nice drive over the bay bridge.

Last edited by mdsbrain; 06-25-09 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-25-09, 07:51 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i got crabs from dirty dicks, it just feels really weird actually saying that.
Old 06-25-09, 07:53 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol.....and i got the shirt....
Old 06-25-09, 08:39 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Since most of the groupings wil be coming together,, organize as follows.

Va,, same thing as usual. Organize, caravan, and come up. Establish a caravan leader and caravan leader needs to have phone number for me or Beeze to contact.

MD(north), nothing new, find meet spot, caravan, coordinate with the others. I am 90% sure I will be going myself so the usual meet spot (Arundel MIlls) to caravan down should work for everyone.

Sojah, since most of the areas, who don't know the back roads, will be coming in via the highways, Annapolis Mall area(outskirts) or the parking garage should work. Needs to be an easy target to get to so that no one gets lost or mistakes it. The scenic parking area, may be a place where the group(once assembled) can caravan to, this way no one will be misplaced for pics, etc. Is a simple matter of playing follow the leader.

I have the phone numbers for most of the frequent members here. I do need to get the number for one of the VA, ISfanatic, guys since I do not have. Greg, I have your number so if you will be leading then just contact me to keep me informed of caravan progress. Anyone who needs to contact me <443>629-7175.
Old 06-25-09, 09:59 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
i got crabs from dirty dicks, it just feels really weird actually saying that.
Old 06-25-09, 10:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

the annapolis mall is fairly easy to get to and is about 2 blocks off of hgwy 50 (also visible if you know what it looks like from the highway as well).

directions to parking garage meet up spot are as follows:

from dc side of rt. 50

50 East towards the Bay bridge and take exit 23 and stay in the far right lane which loops around, then take a right at the 3rd light (intersection) onto Bestgate Rd. then make a right at the second light (intersection) entering the mall parking area and the entrance ramp up to the roof of the parking garage will be immediately in front of you.

from baltimore:

97 South to 50 East then follow above directions; exit 23 " . . . . . . . . "

from western parts of md:

100 East or 32 East to 97 South to 50 East; exit 23 " . . . . . .. . "

for the nova or va cats:

495 (pick your poison, either direction sucks) to 50 East to exit 23 " . . . . . . . . "

if anyone is coming from any other directions let me know and i'll throw up some different directions but this will prolly be the right directions for like 99.9% of people, i think.

Last edited by sojah; 06-25-09 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-25-09, 11:27 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
I have the phone numbers for most of the frequent members here. I do need to get the number for one of the VA, ISfanatic, guys since I do not have. Greg, I have your number so if you will be leading then just contact me to keep me informed of caravan progress. Anyone who needs to contact me <443>629-7175.
The Virginia IS guys usually meet up out at Fair Oaks mall. They have a "usual spot". Us (non-IS drivin') Virginia folks can meet up with them and head out from there.

I think the biggest concern with Cantler's is going to be parking. We're probably going to have a hard time finding parking for 15-20 cars in their parking lot, even getting there early.

Along with a Plan B for dinner, we should have a Plan B for parking...even if it means scoping out a parking garage a couple blocks away. It's gonna be a real PITA if we get there and then all have to fend for ourselves to find a place to park.

There are public parking garages down off of Main street, where Buddy's is, but I don't know the area up by Cantler's very well.

Quick Reply: Who is down?!?! Crabs and ribs in annapolis??