NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Sad day for the Lexus. =(

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-09, 11:51 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad day for the Lexus. =(

Well we went out for the local 4th of July type car cruise last night and some dumb *** kick who stole his moms car with a suspended liscense decided to give my GS a make over. =( Ill have to say the car held up pretty well to say the least after getting creamed by someone going 30+ mph while I was sitting still and slamming into the guy in front of me. For once I was glad I ride low since i ended up going under and scooping up the Hurst Cutlass in front of me. No air bag deployment since the sensors didnt get hit and it appears there is no rear quarter panel creasing. Rear end pretty bashed up my junction type 2 is tweat to hell left tip is sticking out like it should right side is under the bumper. Trunk lid is tweaked so im assuming fame tweaked. Front end and hood are toast. Netz sports type 2 grill is destroyed. Iphone pix dont really show how bad it is. I have my body shop expecting me on Monday to put it on a lift and start taking the bumpers off to see how bad it really is. Im really worried about the exhaust an stuff in the back. Its really tweaked and the nightmare under the hood. =(

No one was seriously hurt thank god. Cars can be fixed. Spent 3 hours in the ER. Samantha and I are very sore and my x-rays show a weird tweak in my neck. Radiologist is going to go over them in the morning to double check and make sure Im ok. lets hope so.

On to the carnage.

how the exhaust should be

how the other side is now

Last edited by Ultra Vip; 06-27-09 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-27-09, 03:51 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy @#&*. That's terrible what happened to the GS, but I'm glad to hear that both you and Samantha are okay. Good luck with the repairs! I hope the moron who hit you gets dealt with appropriately.
Old 06-27-09, 06:00 AM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

sorry man (it's chris - excluesive). this is a rough day, I hope everything goes right and this doesn't stop you!
Old 06-27-09, 06:24 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow. Glad to see that you and Samantha are (for the most part) OK.

The car can always be fixed or replaced. What matters is that you guys are alright.
Old 06-27-09, 07:00 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok and nothing serious..makes me sick to see your car looking like that..You have one of the sickest GS i;ve seen... Hope everything works out bro..
Old 06-27-09, 07:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope you guys are okay, i spent all day on a hospital bet yesterday and it sucked so get out of there as soon as you guys can. sorry to hear about the car as well, maybe you'll get lucky and get big fat check from the insurance company and then you can do even more fun stuff to your car, or maybe even start a whole brand new project, who knows

good luck man,
Old 06-27-09, 07:28 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for the well wishes everyone. yeah this sucks big time for the car, but like eveyone says cars can be fixed. the good thing is everyone is "ok" let just hope nothing bad comes from my xray. my back and neck are killing me tho. lol

ive been looking over the accident paper work and this is the thing that makes me laugh. the cop wrote estimated repair cost at $600. hahahahahah

that doesnt even pay for the grill!!!!

guess i have to look at all the funny parts of this so i dont get angry. i ended up putting my car at the garage office since i couldnt bare to go outside and see it all jacked up. i was suppose to show it as a display vehicle for my work today but thats not gonna happen. we will see what happens after my body shop gets a look at it. hopefully the guy has good insurance cuz they are gonna be coughing up some loot to fix this.
Old 06-27-09, 07:40 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

dam joe glad that ur family is ok. hope u feel better though. make them cough up everything.
Old 06-27-09, 07:49 AM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best of luck with everything, maybe a little stretching for ur neck is in order, definately wait for the doc's orders tho!

the car will be back, and very pleased to hear you walked away with minor injuries.
Old 06-27-09, 07:50 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

omg Joe, i wish you and Samantha a speedy recovery.
Old 06-27-09, 07:58 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow sorry to hear! Hope you and your family is okay. Cars can be fixed/replaced like you said.
Old 06-27-09, 08:33 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you guys are Ok.
Don't let the Insurance tells you "well your car is a 99 so we can't put brand parts on it ,we will install aftermarket parts if the body shop has any fitment issues then we will order The OEM parts for the local dealer" i was like Hell No i don't have that kind of time waiting for you do what u feel is the best for the company !!!! this is why am paying insurance they cut me 3000$ check the same day ,all i can tell you is don't let them play you. GL and Sorry about what happen.
Old 06-27-09, 08:38 AM
amorphous
Pole Position

Sad to see the car in this condition Joe, insurance is going to give you a lot of problems though. First I can tell you that they will argue the fact that they are only obligated to put on the factory parts. Anything aftermarket they won't cover. You can try and argue but I don't know how far you can get on that end. And like quickGS300 said, they will put aftermarket parts or reman. parts on. This is always the best argument, "Your insured hit me... if he/she didn't hit me my car would still be in the same condition." Good luck man and I hope that all turns out well for you and the car.
Old 06-27-09, 08:47 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I know the deal with insurance companies. I have USAA so they are usually pretty cool about the parts and let me select what I want. When I had a font end collision in 99 on my 94 integra. I ended up ordering a JDM front instead of a factory replacement USDM front. As far as the other guys insurance thats another question. Since you cant buy my kit any longer the body shop I usually work with are going to do it as rebuilding/refinishing time or the closest replacement would be a JP front and rear. The hood Im not taking anything other than oem on that. Like you said amorphous if the kid wasnt driving on a suspended liscense it wouldnt have happened. Im still furious that the cop let him and his mother go on warnings. Thats a misdemenor offense driving on a suspended liscense and letting a minor drive your vehicle on a suspended liscense. Well see how it goes. Ill talk to my lawyers on Monday to make sure everything happens the right way.
Old 06-27-09, 10:14 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Damn bro....glad you guys are OK.....

I know how it feels...my 3rd gen was rear ended a month ago. But like mine, we'll make your's better than ever..

Quick Reply: Sad day for the Lexus. =(