NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

New Member Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09 | 08:55 AM
ryan78
Instructor

lextech, come on down man. i am a new member myself - i haven't even posted an introduction yet as i am waiting on pics - but i have been made to feel welcome with what little i have posted. i am meeting roughly 18 members this saturday in naptown for crabs, and i know not a 1. of course, everyone is a friend over crabs and beer....lots of beer....lol. check the crabs and ribs thread for directions and come have a good time...
Old 07-10-09 | 02:21 PM
lextechGS
Driver

I don't think I can make it out to this one unfortunately, I have prior obligations for saturday. But the next local meet you can count me in. Look for ward to meeting everyone.
Old 07-14-09 | 06:36 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Hey Nick ...

Welcome you'll find this to be a great bunch of guys (and gals).

I JUST went through choosing wheels for my GS430, man was that an exercise in math skills. If you have fitment, wheel width or offset questions ask away ... I built charts out the wazoo trying to find wheels.

Come out to any meets these guys don't bite (unless it is the meats @ Malibu Grill)

DaveC
Old 07-14-09 | 04:52 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome, and just like others said there will be more meets in the future in your area.
Old 07-14-09 | 06:31 PM
phillygs3

Welcome to NELOC
Old 07-15-09 | 06:47 PM
lextechGS
Driver

Originally Posted by BossGS4
Hey Nick ...

Welcome you'll find this to be a great bunch of guys (and gals).

I JUST went through choosing wheels for my GS430, man was that an exercise in math skills. If you have fitment, wheel width or offset questions ask away ... I built charts out the wazoo trying to find wheels.

Come out to any meets these guys don't bite (unless it is the meats @ Malibu Grill)

DaveC
Tell me about it! There is so much more to wheel size than one would ever expect. Luckily I have a bunch of smart guys up at work who have gone through this before, and kind of know what will work. Saves me a lot of effort. I am thinking about getting 19x8.5/19x9.5 Linea Corse Z2S wheels with a 30 offset....and possibly some minor spacers for the rear depending on how they look. Think those would look good on my car?
Old 07-15-09 | 06:49 PM
lextechGS
Driver

Any word on the next local meet?? I'm getting a little anxious to get out there
Old 07-15-09 | 07:22 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lextechGS
Tell me about it! There is so much more to wheel size than one would ever expect. Luckily I have a bunch of smart guys up at work who have gone through this before, and kind of know what will work. Saves me a lot of effort. I am thinking about getting 19x8.5/19x9.5 Linea Corse Z2S wheels with a 30 offset....and possibly some minor spacers for the rear depending on how they look. Think those would look good on my car?
If I didn't have 2 sets of Dunlop SP 01 runflats I would've gone with the Z2S or Z20. I ordered a set of Rota (style is a secret !) 18X9 +42 all the way around

I'm replacing the weak as crap Sportmax/XXR 006s ..... I ran staggered but want the same size all the way around in case I ever need to use the spare again.
Old 07-15-09 | 08:53 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lextechGS
Any word on the next local meet?? I'm getting a little anxious to get out there
Hey Nick, it's me Nate. The next meet is this Saturday @ ISP Racing in Beltsville. THere will be some NELOC members and Supra Guys. I will be there for a short time. So come on out. Those Corsa will look real good on your ride. Like I said, you don't have to spend alot of money to make your ride look good. The vendors on here are very helpful so checkout thier thread. There some nice 1pc wheels going up for sale. Like I said I am finished with the modding of the GS. Now working on the SC which you haven't seen yet. I was good talking to you at the dealership. I will back there soon for major service on the GS. So look out for me.
Old 07-16-09 | 05:02 AM
lextechGS
Driver

Originally Posted by nate579
Hey Nick, it's me Nate. The next meet is this Saturday @ ISP Racing in Beltsville. THere will be some NELOC members and Supra Guys. I will be there for a short time. So come on out. Those Corsa will look real good on your ride. Like I said, you don't have to spend alot of money to make your ride look good. The vendors on here are very helpful so checkout thier thread. There some nice 1pc wheels going up for sale. Like I said I am finished with the modding of the GS. Now working on the SC which you haven't seen yet. I was good talking to you at the dealership. I will back there soon for major service on the GS. So look out for me.
Hey Nate. It depends on what time on saturday it is. I have to work until 6, and it's my dad's b-day so I gotta see whats going on. Seems like I never have plans until there is a meet up! You def. sold me on those Linea Corse wheels last time you were in. Not to jack your style, but they look great and are decently priced. Once I save up some cash I think I am going to make it happen. I'll keep an eye out for the GS....if you don't have a regular tech that works on your car, request for me to work on it. I'll take good care of you. Look forward to seeing the SC.