NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC,mother's day story, I just lost my mom.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-09, 07:32 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

condolences i really wish you the best thats one of the hardest things some one can go through try and stay strong
Old 07-18-09, 08:15 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow man, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there man
Old 07-18-09, 08:24 PM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
Hi NELOC, I know many have been through things this year, but we are a family and we get through it.....

The worst thing has just happened to me, my Mom just died of a heart attack, it was very sudden, she was in great health, she was only 63.

For those who do not know, I lost my dad a few years back, he was only 60, so I have not turned 30 yet, and I don't have a mom or dad anymore.

Concerning NELOC, my mom was very happy that I found a group of friends that have the same love of cars as I have, I told her about the fun I have had at them all the time, she was very happy about this.

Anyway, going way back to the Carlisle show in May, everyone was leaving early, I was planning to stay until the end of the show. seeing everyone leave so early, a sudden thought popped into my head, why don't I drive down to Charlottesville, a four hour drive from Carlisle, and surprise my mom for mother's day. I went ahead and did just that, didn't even call her in advance, just showed up, you can't believe how happy she was, she loved the surprise and could not believe I drove the four hours just to be with her for mother's day.

Anyway, I have so much to get through, I just helped my mom move into a new place and she was just so happy. I will continue to post, but I don't think I will come to another show/event for a long time, and I know everybody sends their well wishes and prayers, and if this story touches you in any way please let me know. Appreciate and love your parents and God bless, Ryan.
I hope you have many friends and or relatives. This is very hard to get through. I lost my my in '07 and left me to take care of my dad who was in his 5th stage of Alzheimer's. The people I trusted for my dad's care, stole $36,000, jewelry, food and anything that wasn't nailed down while I tried to work. My dad knew I was there for him. Then through more neglect by these people he went to be with my mom in September of '08. Very difficult, since the only brother I had was murdered and was left all alone.
I feel your pain and sorrow. And no matter what anyone says about the 'good times' I just can't get over this loss. So, mourn the loss the best you can and get help through a support group. I can't tell you if it works but I heard it helps. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 07-18-09, 10:33 PM
francisco2
Driver

I'm sorry to hear that man. Be strong and feel better. The hardest thing in life is losing your closest ones. That's why I always tell myself to appreciate my beloved ones before it's too late.
Old 07-18-09, 10:40 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last november. She was only 53. Still feels like she'll be home when I visit our old home. I never understood how it felt to lose a parent until I lost mine.
Old 07-19-09, 03:39 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My condolences.

Back in 2002 my mother also had a heart attack (faint); luckily it was caught early and her cardiologist was able to install a "stent" before any real blockage could occur; I'm very greatful that she is here with us; at the time she was diagnosed and in the hospital; my wife at that moment was 9 months pregnant, and I wanted to make sure that my mother saw my first born. Thankfully just about 7 years have passed and my mother has maintained her health & meds (Plavix) and is still here with us.

Life as well as time is too precious when it comes to our parents.
Old 07-19-09, 06:30 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

My condolences Ryan.

I know the feeling to loose your parents it happened to me at an early age and I lost my 2nd mother to pancreatic cancer a couple of years back. There are no words to ease your loss, but always know your Neloc family is here for you. I wish you the best, an like everyone said think about the good times you had together. It may be sad at times but it will also put a smile on your face also.
Old 07-19-09, 09:38 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

i just found out about this...my condolences ryan.sorry what happened
Old 07-20-09, 07:01 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Just read about this my condolences to you.
Old 07-20-09, 07:20 AM
Isblue
Pole Position

Really really really sorry to hear that... i havent met you but im very sorry for your loss and your story was very touching...

Wish you the best.
Old 07-20-09, 03:19 PM
hkmember23
Driver

I just want to offer my condolences to you and your family. I'm sure you will get through this difficult time. Stay strong and positive!

--Vince
Old 07-20-09, 07:48 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep your head up Ryan , sorry for your lost bro
Old 07-21-09, 03:00 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Are you the only child? I am and i think about what i would do if i lost my parents but from the posts in this thread I dont even think I could handle it mentally like you guys have. Hold ya head and think of the people on here as extended family. I'm sorry about your parents but from the looks of it you seem like a soldier you'll get through it.
Old 07-21-09, 07:27 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Guys/gals,

I spoke with Ryan over the weekend and he's holding up pretty well, considering.

He's got a younger brother and a younger sister that he's helping get through this...not to mention all of the real-world headaches of having to go through his mom's stuff, and just dealing with the "mechanics" of handling an estate.

I'm not really sure what else to say...it's just something that we have to go through...and there are no shortcuts.
Old 07-22-09, 09:11 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Ryan, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there and be strong. You and your siblings will be each other's shoulder to lean on during this difficult time. We are always here for extra support.

Quick Reply: NELOC,mother's day story, I just lost my mom.