NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

East Coast SC meet!??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 11:12 AM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East Coast LEXUS/TOYOTA meet!!??

Ok so I recently moved back to Maryland, and I am looking for some new enthusiasts to meet. I have not heard much on anybody meeting up for an sc meet as far as I know(correct me if I'm wrong) But do to this, I would like to have one in the next few months before winter sets in. I have a 1990 celica all-trac and Me and my wife went this year to the annual all-trac meet and enjoyed it very much. If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing and wants to participate or is just generally interested in this happening, please post or pm and let me know if this seems like it could happen.

Last edited by Soarer.jzz; 08-26-09 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-14-09, 11:35 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is so hard to get all of the SC in the area together but we do hang out. Check in with NELOC
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/neloc-175/

Its free and we have good times together...what part of MD are you in?
Old 08-14-09, 12:07 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

there was just a supra meet last month with a number of SC's there.
always wanted to slide around an all-trac, I've heard good things.
what kind of SC do you have? I'm always down for an SC meet.
Old 08-14-09, 05:51 PM
thaimonkee
Lead Lap

Put me down too. This year has been weak for meets. Someone organize something and i'll be there once my car gets its new makeover!!!
Old 08-15-09, 11:21 PM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

Ok, then. I am very obviously new to this forum but am avid in many others. So I'll see what I can do for some kind of organization. I'd say middle to end of october (any later and it'll be gettin chilly) If everyone would be ok with that time frame. I live in calvert county about an hour away from D.C. and B-more. The all-trac meet usually has a nice cruise near baltimore but it's up to everyone to come up with some ideas where would be a good place to do that. I want some good feedback from everyone in the area so I know where to meet at. if anyone knows of any good spots along a busy city road with a big parking lot, maybe along a highway or something. HOLY CRAP!! You guys are slacking on your calender! LOL Maybe we can fix that. Well I'm off to do some research. Pm some friends and get this thing going ppl!
Old 08-19-09, 10:00 AM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I have everything we did on the all-trac meet. We started at 10:00 am eating breakfast at bob evens in fredrick, MD. Then A nice pre-determined cruise route to West virginia to meet up at summit point raceway for a show n shine with small, hand made trophies.
Then pre-rented an hour of auto-x carting track where we had time trials 2 heats and a championship lap. The entry fee was $30. And we had enough entries that it was only $20. We had about 25 entries. The carting was hella fun.
the url for the raceway is http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/ Let me know what you guys think about that. I could make some cool trophies or something, with categories.
Best sc
Best supra (if anyone comes)
Auto x kart winner
Best IS??

Something like that. If anyone has any canopies, coolers and chairs to bring, it would be great.
There are plenty of other options but it IS guaranteed fun karting and a great cruise there. It is located 70 miles from D.C. If we meet in fredrick, MD it is less than that.
Please pm or post your thought's questions comment and suggestions!!!

Also, I posted this on supra forums and lexus owners club. i have quite a few people wanting this to happen. From all over the east coast. I haven't taken count, but at least 25 so far. I want to come up with a good date for this. Obviously a saturday in the later weeks of october, if the track is still open!
Old 08-25-09, 10:36 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I am in for a cruise and some go karting.
does summit have a 1/4 mile track cause i need to take down my friends 996.
i see they have a drift track which is pretty nice.
Old 08-25-09, 12:25 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I am in for a cruise and some go karting.
does summit have a 1/4 mile track cause i need to take down my friends 996.
i see they have a drift track which is pretty nice.
Summit just has the road courses.
Old 08-25-09, 03:39 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm up for a meet. I'm gettin some serious cabin fever and the SC is mighty restless.

The closer we get to early mid Oct the tougher for me as I have a huge project at work delivering so the earlier the better. My suggestion is to start small and just have a gathering not to sweat the details like trophies etc for the first time out. I'd be happy to help arrange things. I'd start by doing a poll and gauging interest and throw some dates out there for folks.

Might want to look into MIR been there a couple of times and was fun one event I was told about but never been is MIR Performance Swap Meet and Test and Tune in November which might be a bit late for folks but an option pulled this from their site...Extended time runs, grudge runs and gambler's racing for all. Plenty of track time for pro teams, imports, street cars, motorcycles, juniors, E.T racers, etc.; everyone is welcome!
Old 08-25-09, 07:00 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

You should make it a big Lexus/toyota event, we have not had any big events in a long time in the DMV. If you get something going, I will spread the word to the two big IS forums, isfanatics and my IS, and you will have a big Lexus IS turnout!
Old 08-26-09, 10:02 PM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

Okay, seems like some great ideas. And I do need some help planning. i will call summit and ask about pricing for an hour of karting. it might not be too much. But on the other hand the events at MIR are always fun, although we might only get 1-2 runs a peice. But there is plenty of parking space in their field and tarmac for everyone to fit. I would love to get everyone out for a nice event like this! i could get some people off the all-trac forums, and have pis3 rally up the IS crowd! That would be sick for sure. Now that I think of it MIR does sound good. There is a test and tune day on saturday october 17 from 2:00 pm-10:00pm. We could have lunch in st. leonard MD at 11:00 or so and go for a cruise through town and post up for a few somewhere there. I will scout in the next week to see what's good. (I have an idea though) I think this will turn out great. I'm going to say it's a go ahead for the date and MIR.
I think this is the most promising idea yet and will likely be the what goes down. (make plans now) Please PM me if you are going and how many people with cars are coming so I have an idea about parking arrangements. i hope this has a big turnout!
Officially LEXUS/TOYOTA east coast meet!

11 and under free
$15 for adult admission
$30 for test and tune
$40 for "no time" test and tune

(Some of these have not confirmed participation but at least posted. PM if you can to confirm.)

I will start the list here:
Soarer.jzz30
2002GGPIS3
greenvy2k
SC'd SC400
ryan78
bigmalik00
Ali SC3
thaimonkee
RolxuSC400

Last edited by Soarer.jzz; 09-05-09 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-27-09, 03:22 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

soarer - i am in calvert as well(saint leonard). keep me posted for any local meet - i have a 3gs, but it's always nice to meet up with CL and NELOC members. since you are new to md, let me know if you need any info about the area. cheers.
Old 08-27-09, 07:38 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Soarer.jzz30
cherplex (tentative)
Old 08-27-09, 03:27 PM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cherplex
Soarer.jzz30
cherplex (tentative)
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me here?
Old 08-27-09, 03:32 PM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ryan78
soarer - i am in calvert as well(saint leonard). keep me posted for any local meet - i have a 3gs, but it's always nice to meet up with CL and NELOC members. since you are new to md, let me know if you need any info about the area. cheers.
I need to get a thread on neloc to tell others there. But actually I lived here for 5 years but moved away for school for the last 3. So I am very familiar with the area.

i had an idea this morning at work!! We can meet in solomons island MD and eat at the solomons peir. I am going to get ahold of the manager or owner of teh restraunt to make sure they are aopen and make rezervations of sorts. And also contact whoever's nessecary to get some parking rezerved there, if the turn out is as I expect it to be. Around 11:00 am is when to meet.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/b...rtslife-travel
http://www.solomonsmaryland.com/
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...land-BR-1.html
http://www.virginiawind.com/virginia...ons_island.asp

just some sites listing the location in question for the initial meet.
Opinions plzzz!

Last edited by Soarer.jzz; 08-27-09 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: East Coast SC meet!??