NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Official NELOC 2009 NFL Shizzie talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-09, 11:20 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
i still fail to see your point or your lame attempt at humor but ok.

congrats on being happy beating the chiefs and getting 290 yards passing.

kolb went 24/36 with 326 passing yards vs manning who went 20/36 with 290, again your point? you played a weak team.

im sure we'll hear how great they do against oakland next week huh?
Ummm a lil sensitive are we in a thread designed for trash talking? lol and my attempts at humor are hardly ever lame, go do your research on that one.

urgh, didn't you guys play them too? so your point is what? No one said anything about it when you posted after beating the same team Post 38

And I don't need to talk about how well my team will do against Oak or anyone else in the league. Not doing well is an anomaly Link to definition - (eh just in case) for them.

(By the way, was that funny enough for ya?)

Take out the wedgie and lighten up. My post wasn't directed at you, you chose to respond.
Old 10-06-09, 11:30 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ryan78
for some odd reason there is the delusion that the road to the superbowl goes through the nfc east, and through new yuk. not the case guys. the giants are decent, but i will be suprised if they even make the playoffs. the nfc east may still be a strong division given internal competition, but there are much better teams in the rest of the nfc. i'm a redskins fan, been one for 31yrs, and i know we suck right now. that being said, the ginats, feagles and cowgirls will all be playing golf with us down florida in feburary. you all may have better records, but the end result will be the same. except we'll have another high draft pick to royally f up. lol
Well that was the preseason thought. That the NFC East would have three teams in the playoffs. Giants, Cowboys and Redskins/Eagles. And on paper it was hard to dispute that.

Not sure where you have the Giants leaving with an early exit. With their schedule, there's no reason to think they won't go into week 6 @ 5-0 against the Saints and while it's gonna be a good game, the Jets last week did show some ****** in the Saints armor.

Otherwise the rest of the Giants schedule doesn't have much in terms of roadblocks to the playoffs.

Saints - iffy
AZ - Defense should win this game
Philly - not worried
SD - win
Atl - win
Den - should be interesting
Dal - win
Philly - see previous game
Was - win
Car - win
Minn - should be a great game.
Old 10-06-09, 11:34 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

see you at the BBQ the 27th? i got some extra $$$ to win. lol. we may be one of the stronger divisions in the nfc, but maybe one will make it. at this point, i see the potential of 2 nfc central teams going, depending on overall records. then you have the saints and falcons. and who knows what will happen with the 49rs. very suprising, and doubtfull they will continue, but you have got to love mike singletary as a coach and what he is doing there. not jumping on the bandwagon on that one, but very good to see him doing well to this point. packers(if they fix their o-line), vikes, and bears all will be tough this year, and i think every one of them could beat the whole nfc east. i'm a homer, but i am also realistic. giants are solid, but not extrordinary. neither are the eagles, who seem to be one sided as usual. we shall see how that goes when mcnabb returns. cowgirls are hit and miss as to wether or not they'll show up, and the skins are having trouble beating the worst teams in the league. maybe things will change, and in a few weeks i'll eat my words. we shall see, such is the point of this thread, yes?
Old 10-06-09, 11:59 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Ummm a lil sensitive are we in a thread designed for trash talking? lol and my attempts at humor are hardly ever lame, go do your research on that one.

urgh, didn't you guys play them too? so your point is what? No one said anything about it when you posted after beating the same team Post 38

And I don't need to talk about how well my team will do against Oak or anyone else in the league. Not doing well is an anomaly Link to definition - (eh just in case) for them.

(By the way, was that funny enough for ya?)

Take out the wedgie and lighten up. My post wasn't directed at you, you chose to respond.
no sand in the vag here, but your right. my fault

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 10-06-09 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 12:02 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ryan78
see you at the BBQ the 27th? i got some extra $$$ to win. lol. we may be one of the stronger divisions in the nfc, but maybe one will make it. at this point, i see the potential of 2 nfc central teams going, depending on overall records. then you have the saints and falcons. and who knows what will happen with the 49rs. very suprising, and doubtfull they will continue, but you have got to love mike singletary as a coach and what he is doing there. not jumping on the bandwagon on that one, but very good to see him doing well to this point. packers(if they fix their o-line), vikes, and bears all will be tough this year, and i think every one of them could beat the whole nfc east. i'm a homer, but i am also realistic. giants are solid, but not extrordinary. neither are the eagles, who seem to be one sided as usual. we shall see how that goes when mcnabb returns. cowgirls are hit and miss as to wether or not they'll show up, and the skins are having trouble beating the worst teams in the league. maybe things will change, and in a few weeks i'll eat my words. we shall see, such is the point of this thread, yes?

agreed. i still stand behind my predicition that either the giants and/or eagles make it to the playoffs.
Old 10-06-09, 12:28 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
no sand in the vag here, but your right. my fault
All good

This is all in fun for me and definitely not personal. Right now I have no reason to doubt my team because for the last 4 weeks, they've been 'perfect' (insert locker room speech from Remember the Titans here) no matter who the NFL puts on their schedule.

lol some of those teams are considered 'bad' now because of us. We have flaws but whatever flaws we do have have not turned into liabilities that other teams have figured out how to capitalize on (yet). Do I expect them to go perfect, not in the least. Is it reasonable to expect them to go undefeated in the division based on the way teams are playing now? Absolutely. Will it mean anything in the playoffs? Who knows. I just enjoy the fact that I say we will be in the playoffs for the last four years without a doubt in my head.

lol, this poll was taken before Week 2.

Eli Manning is back at the Giants' practice facility Tuesday, getting treatment on the plantar fasciitis in his right foot. Hopefully he's not reading the latest issue of Sports Illustrated while he's doing it.

In the latest SI players' poll, 239 players were asked to name "The most overrated player in the NFL." Manning, who is currently 4-0 and the fourth-rated quarterback in the NFL (104.1) finished fourth in the poll. He got seven percent of the vote (or 17 of 239).

Amazingly, he's actually considered more overrated now by his peers than he was before he won Super Bowl XLII. In a 2006 SI poll, Manning finished fifth in an SI poll that asked the same question. That year he got 4.1 percent (or 15 of 361 votes).

He also finished second in an SI poll last year that asked players to name the most overrated quarterback in the league. He got 32 of 320 votes, or 10 percent.

Meanwhile, the Giants' overrated quarterback - hey, it's not me saying it, it's other NFL players - was at the team's Timex Performance Center practice facility this morning, going through his usual "off day" routine. That includes films, possibly a workout (though it would likely be modified due to his condition), and obviously some treatment on what the Giants are calling a "plantar fascia injury".

(There is no media access at the practice facility today).

The treatment, according to Manning, is expected to include little more than ice and electric stimulation. And he is not going to get a second opinion on his foot, according to a team spokesman.

Manning, as you all know, intends to play this Sunday despite his injury and condition. He's hoping to be on the practice field tomorrow morning, too.

By the way, in case you were wondering, Brett Favre finish first in this year's players' poll with 13 percent of the vote. Tony Romo was second with 10 percent. Terrell Owens was third with eight percent. And Ben Roethlisberger finished right behind Manning, in fifth place, with five percent.
Old 10-06-09, 12:51 PM
jonnyxboi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good

This is all in fun for me and definitely not personal. Right now I have no reason to doubt my team because for the last 4 weeks, they've been 'perfect' (insert locker room speech from Remember the Titans here) no matter who the NFL puts on their schedule.

lol some of those teams are considered 'bad' now because of us. We have flaws but whatever flaws we do have have not turned into liabilities that other teams have figured out how to capitalize on (yet). Do I expect them to go perfect, not in the least. Is it reasonable to expect them to go undefeated in the division based on the way teams are playing now? Absolutely. Will it mean anything in the playoffs? Who knows. I just enjoy the fact that I say we will be in the playoffs for the last four years without a doubt in my head.

lol, this poll was taken before Week 2.

I'm looking forward to watching you guys play the Saints.
Old 10-06-09, 01:13 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jonnyxboi
I'm looking forward to watching you guys play the Saints.
Same here, gonna be a good game regardless of their records. Sean Payton and Jeremy Shockey are well actuainted with our team and we are well acquainted with them. Should be good smashmouth football.
Old 10-06-09, 01:51 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

i cant help but laugh
Old 10-08-09, 04:10 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

aw man, I can't believe I'm so late posting in this thread! I have to represent my Eagles!

McNabb is BACK and Westbrook is BACK! Let's see what happens now. I'm so excited!

LOL, nice to see you back Cliff! The season just started, I'm looking forward to all the fun we will have together this season.
Old 10-09-09, 06:15 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
aw man, I can't believe I'm so late posting in this thread! I have to represent my Eagles!

McNabb is BACK and Westbrook is BACK! Let's see what happens now. I'm so excited!

LOL, nice to see you back Cliff! The season just started, I'm looking forward to all the fun we will have together this season.

lol was wondering where your delusional Eagle Fan self was hiding Most of my comments were just bait for you and SoPhilly1 to come out and be abused. :~D
Old 10-09-09, 06:57 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Cliff sorry for the short notice but a friend of mine had e-mailed me about ex-Giant kicker Sean Landeta signing autographs this coming Saturday out in Strong Island. I'm not sure if you heard about this already if not I can pm you the info.
Old 10-09-09, 08:07 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Hey Cliff sorry for the short notice but a friend of mine had e-mailed me about ex-Giant kicker Sean Landeta signing autographs this coming Saturday out in Strong Island. I'm not sure if you heard about this already if not I can pm you the info.
Thanks, I'm actually going to a Giants event today in Woodbridge, NJ from 7-11 where there's a meet and greet of the current players for season ticket holders. (it's open to the public as well). It's at Chris Michaels Lounge if anyone is interested.

Between that and the game on Sunday, it will be more than enough NY Giants for one weekend

Last edited by oohpapi44; 10-09-09 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-09-09, 07:12 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexGrl702

Surprised it took you this long to post in this thread. Figured you were on another vacation .
Old 10-13-09, 12:02 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

lol was wondering where your delusional Eagle Fan self was hiding Most of my comments were just bait for you and SoPhilly1 to come out and be abused. :~D
Haha guess it worked cause I took the bait.

My boys looked good on Sunday! It was a nice warm up for McNabb, although the defense needs some work. Way too many penalties for my liking.

But we will be ready for the Giants! We are still hungry!

Originally Posted by Apex84
Surprised it took you this long to post in this thread. Figured you were on another vacation .
Hey Leroy! Miss u. Yeah I've been mia, but still here. Just made a career change and working on becoming rich...lol. no more vacations until December.

Looking forward to all the smackdowns my Eagles will give as we make our way to the playoffs!

Quick Reply: Official NELOC 2009 NFL Shizzie talk thread