NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-10, 06:48 PM
Blk03GS430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TACH_MOTOR
Dont get an alignment there. They are trying to upsell you. The fact that you have nf210 springs will automatically put your camber negative. You should keep a little negative camber for performance and have your toe set up. Thats all you need.
I have the 17" factory chrome wheels. I found the following specs/information this in the GS430 3UZ repair manual for the 235/45ZR17 wheels:

Do I need to bring them any specs/information. I know they have specs/information in their store alignment computer but Im not sure if they have it for the optional factory 235/45ZR17 wheels. What should I tell them to setup the alignment to specifically? I want a little negative camber and have my toe setup as you recommended but I want to make sure they have the specs/information exactly the way I want it.

What should I do if I dont really care about performance and all I worry about is the tread/tire wear? Should I just have them align it as close as possible to factory specs? Thanks again in advance for your time and help.

So is it accurate to say that we can adjust the camber and caster on our 2003 GS430 directly on the vehicle without the need of kits or purchasing any kits?

Last edited by Blk03GS430; 12-10-10 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-10-10, 09:41 PM
100bajan
Pole Position

Its hard to explain. Its the best I could do. If you go to the dealer they may just charge $100 maybe $200
Thanks for all the help...I kinda think I get it after reading it a few times, I will mess with it maybe tomorrow. I also think that when I change out the stock air intake, I will get rid of the part where the leak is coming form. So thanks for that help as well
Old 12-11-10, 04:39 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Care to chime in on this one??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...g-problem.html
Old 12-11-10, 07:07 AM
Blk03GS430
Rookie

Hey guys, Heres the update. I got my alignment done today at a shop that does only alignments and heres the print out. I dont really know how to read this. It took him about 45minutes.

Did he do an ok job and did the bare minimum to get it into spec? How come the set of numbers for the Toe in the the front and rear doesnt match [Left Front 1/64in & Right Front 1/32in] and [Left Rear 3/64in & Right Rear 1/16in]. How does my alignment information on this print out look? Can you experts pls chime in.

Btw can they fudge/fake the alignment numbers at the end to fool you?

The alignment guy also told me that due to rust and road salt I may need to get all the rear cam bolts replaced in about 1 year or he will not be able to do future alignments. Does that make any sense at all? Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited by Blk03GS430; 12-11-10 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-11-10, 10:53 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like he did a fairly decent job with the alignment. All alignments are going to have a SLIGHT variance regardles of the adjustment. It is almost impossible to get al of the numbers to match each other front and rear. As long as your readings are falling with the green areas, which is specified thru the manufacturer, you are fine. If the car were out of adjustment, the green lighted areas would be red on the printout. As far as the cam bolts maybe needing replaced,,yeah is possible. Remember we do live in a snow prown area, and our roads get pounded with tons of road salt. That stuff will eventually eat away at components.
Old 12-11-10, 11:02 AM
Blk03GS430
Rookie

Originally Posted by trukn1
Looks like he did a fairly decent job with the alignment. All alignments are going to have a SLIGHT variance regardles of the adjustment. It is almost impossible to get al of the numbers to match each other front and rear. As long as your readings are falling with the green areas, which is specified thru the manufacturer, you are fine. If the car were out of adjustment, the green lighted areas would be red on the printout. As far as the cam bolts maybe needing replaced,,yeah is possible. Remember we do live in a snow prown area, and our roads get pounded with tons of road salt. That stuff will eventually eat away at components.
I just like to make sure I got my moneys worth. I thinking that maybe he did an ok/decent job just to get me out and get another customer in for an alignment. I dont know if he would have spend more time or done a better job if I was a good friend or family member or if he could have done better regardless.
Old 12-18-10, 01:02 PM
kdouglas39
Rookie

Default Tach motor

I am posting this as a Technical help thread for NELOC Lexus owners. I am in no way advertising a business or soliciting work. I am only on here to offering to help diagnose problems you may be having with your Lexus vehicles to get a jump on your repairs.

You can post your questions and/or info on your vehicles and I'll reply to them here!
My 2006 GS 300 has Chk Engine light and VSC light on. Giving codes P0761 and P2714 which indicate transmission selenoid valve stuck open or shut. The car hesitates when shifting randomly one day, but next morning no issue. Dealer said they drained and refilled trans fluid to fix my issue but issue occured again the next day. Dealer still looking at car. Any ideal of the cause and how to fix it?
Old 12-18-10, 02:30 PM
Dtwillis5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 93 ls400

I'm thinking bout buying a ls400 the owner said the car start up and kill they said it might be the fuel injectors they said they change the fuel filter and fuel pump so I was trying to see if it sound like a problem that can be fix before I buy it
Old 12-19-10, 01:56 PM
RWR
Driver School Candidate

Default 2004 rx330

The CEL is on with code P0174 (lean bank 2). No other codes. I have heard of a TSB 00904 for this problem on this car but cannot find it or how to correct this problem. Do you know what this TSB calls for in the way of repairs? The car has 25000 miles.
Old 12-22-10, 09:08 PM
Viper6
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Answers are highlighted in red
Great advice TACH, thanks for the help!!!

I got the alignment sheet from Lexus dealer... it better be in spec (for $98), but tell me what you see... no way I can translate it into English... ha.

I'll get it uploaded soon, once I figure out how to do that...
Old 12-27-10, 04:16 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blk03GS430
I have the 17" factory chrome wheels. I found the following specs/information this in the GS430 3UZ repair manual for the 235/45ZR17 wheels:

Do I need to bring them any specs/information. I know they have specs/information in their store alignment computer but Im not sure if they have it for the optional factory 235/45ZR17 wheels. What should I tell them to setup the alignment to specifically? I want a little negative camber and have my toe setup as you recommended but I want to make sure they have the specs/information exactly the way I want it.

What should I do if I dont really care about performance and all I worry about is the tread/tire wear? Should I just have them align it as close as possible to factory specs? Thanks again in advance for your time and help.

So is it accurate to say that we can adjust the camber and caster on our 2003 GS430 directly on the vehicle without the need of kits or purchasing any kits?

They have all the information in their cpu; especially any optional equipment. They can best align your setup as close to stock as possible but given the ride height you will always have some camber weather its minor or not.
Old 12-27-10, 04:22 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trukn1
I read your post and it is a very plaguing scenario. Check all your grounds like you posted and replace any corroded pieces. I will do some research myself and get back to you on this one.
Old 12-27-10, 04:25 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blk03GS430
Hey guys, Heres the update. I got my alignment done today at a shop that does only alignments and heres the print out. I dont really know how to read this. It took him about 45minutes.

Did he do an ok job and did the bare minimum to get it into spec? How come the set of numbers for the Toe in the the front and rear doesnt match [Left Front 1/64in & Right Front 1/32in] and [Left Rear 3/64in & Right Rear 1/16in]. How does my alignment information on this print out look? Can you experts pls chime in.

Btw can they fudge/fake the alignment numbers at the end to fool you?

The alignment guy also told me that due to rust and road salt I may need to get all the rear cam bolts replaced in about 1 year or he will not be able to do future alignments. Does that make any sense at all? Thanks for everyone's help.
The looks of the alignment show that you may have a slight drift when driving. Besides that the alignment looks ok not the best but that could be due to your undercarriage being un-forgiven to the tech. ( I.E - rusted )
Old 12-27-10, 04:27 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kdouglas39
My 2006 GS 300 has Chk Engine light and VSC light on. Giving codes P0761 and P2714 which indicate transmission selenoid valve stuck open or shut. The car hesitates when shifting randomly one day, but next morning no issue. Dealer said they drained and refilled trans fluid to fix my issue but issue occured again the next day. Dealer still looking at car. Any ideal of the cause and how to fix it?
You will need a new transmission. I have seen this in the past. Your car uses WS transmission fluid and if you go to an outside repair shop to have the fluid changed that will damage the tranny. If you havent done this and it started acting up on its own then the solenoids have failed. They can replace it but its a 50/50 shot. If your under warranty they should just replace the trans.
Old 12-27-10, 04:29 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dtwillis5
I'm thinking bout buying a ls400 the owner said the car start up and kill they said it might be the fuel injectors they said they change the fuel filter and fuel pump so I was trying to see if it sound like a problem that can be fix before I buy it
It could be a number of problems. One could be a clogged cat which is preventing start up. Another could be ignition related. Its hard to tell you over the forum without looking at the car. Have the car towed to a lexus dealer or a shop that you trust and have them diagnose it for you. You can then decide weather its a good buy or not.

Quick Reply: Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician