NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-11, 06:51 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tachmotor,

I think you may have skipped over my post for help or maybe you didn't know but, I'll post it here again. For some reason, I have residue on the inside of my instrument cluster cover lens. I really would like to wipe it off by opening it. I've gone as far as pulling the two plastic tabs from the top but, am pretty much stuck as to what to remove next. Please help. Thank you.
Old 04-11-11, 07:18 PM
905R
Driver School Candidate

Default Q: about EGR Delete

As a certified tech could you please list "pros & cons" for this mod. i have already done this on my stock sc300 but after doing more research on the forums and reading everyones personal opinions... i guess i just want to hear it from a professional, if you will. thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-11, 07:53 AM
Ice1213
Driver School Candidate

I have 99 gs300. Battery died the other night. i tried jumping battery but it won't even try to crank. everything else works though(lights power door locks, etc.) I think it is a security issue. please advise.
Old 04-17-11, 01:24 PM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Tach

Got a code P1155 w/ CEL, TRAC, ESC lights. Changed my A/F sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 w/ Denso unit. Erased code but reappears again within few minutes of startup...any ideas?
Pertains to '02 RX300 FWD 112,000 miles.

Thanks
Old 04-20-11, 08:03 PM
lexiegirl
Driver School Candidate

well im having trouble with my 93 gs 300. the alterantor would drain the battery so i got a new battery and alternator. then in replacing it i guess the fuse blew out. i went ahead and got that replaced. now everything is working yet the battery and airbag lights are still on. what could be the problem? ive already spent a good amount trying to fix it and i dont want to spend any more money if it isnt the problem. any help?
Old 04-22-11, 05:53 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2JZGE 135k, SC300 5spd, car stalls out at stop lights. No CEL, battery and alternator both passed inspection from a local Advance Auto. Car bogs down to 500 RPM's or less then just stalls. When it starts back up the RPM's are perfectly normal like nothing ever happened. But then this morning the RPM's stuck at 1200 even after full warm up and a 30 minute commute. I'm at the point now where it needs to be looked at professionally. Every heard of anything like this TACH?

Thanks,
Tabaka
Old 04-22-11, 03:43 PM
Anyusufaly
Driver School Candidate

Default Battery cables on a 2006 IS 350

Hello. I am looking at changing my battery and the cables on a 2006 IS 350. The battery is not a problem to change, but I can't figure out how to change the cables. The negative terminal is corroded so I need to replace it. Please let me know how to go about it. Thanks.

Ali
Old 04-25-11, 03:46 PM
usmcxm35
Driver School Candidate

Hey Tach, I just finished my oil change on my RX. The manual calls for 6 quarts of 0W-20, so I went to Autozone picked up 6 quarts and went to Toyota and picked up the filter. As I was bottling the OLD oil, I then realized that I had filled the RX with 1 quart of 0W-20 and 5 quarts of 0W-30. What do I do now, the recommended oil change interval is now 10,000miles in the manual, but I change it every 5. Do I walk to Autozone and buy 6 more quarts or just wait until the next 5,000 miles rolls around? I live in NYC, so this next 5,000 miles will be in summer temperature. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-11, 02:42 PM
soneencris
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Won't rev over 4000rpm

Hey Tach,

I have a 92 sc400 that wont rev over 4000rpm. It drives fine till that point, and then I have to shift to the next gear. It alos does it in neutral. I have checked the fuel pump, changed ignition coils, changed the ECU, Have new AFM, and checked the EC1 plug. I have no CEL and I am stuck now. Any advice or leads to try and trouble shoot would be great!

Thanks,
Chaco
Old 04-28-11, 06:18 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SPNinjA
Hey Tachmotor,

I think you may have skipped over my post for help or maybe you didn't know but, I'll post it here again. For some reason, I have residue on the inside of my instrument cluster cover lens. I really would like to wipe it off by opening it. I've gone as far as pulling the two plastic tabs from the top but, am pretty much stuck as to what to remove next. Please help. Thank you.
I remember your post. I thought I replied back. The outside cover is just held in by tabs you will need to carefully wiggle it off. After that you can take off the instrument cluster via 4 screws and you can pop the cluster face tabs off and wipe it clean.
Old 04-28-11, 06:20 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 905R
As a certified tech could you please list "pros & cons" for this mod. i have already done this on my stock sc300 but after doing more research on the forums and reading everyones personal opinions... i guess i just want to hear it from a professional, if you will. thanks in advance.
If your car is stock EGR delete wont help you out much for power gains. If you turbo the car you can delete it and will give you more gains. For N/A its not going to affect it much unless you do a high compression N/A build.
Old 04-28-11, 06:22 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice1213
I have 99 gs300. Battery died the other night. i tried jumping battery but it won't even try to crank. everything else works though(lights power door locks, etc.) I think it is a security issue. please advise.
Is the charger fully charged ? are the lights bright or dimm with the charger connected? while the charger is on hit the unlock button on your remote and then try starting it. Keep me posted.
Old 04-28-11, 06:24 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by noku
Hi Tach

Got a code P1155 w/ CEL, TRAC, ESC lights. Changed my A/F sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 w/ Denso unit. Erased code but reappears again within few minutes of startup...any ideas?
Pertains to '02 RX300 FWD 112,000 miles.

Thanks
Code P1155 is bank 2 sensor 1 which is the front sensor on top. Change that and clear the code.
Old 04-28-11, 06:27 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexiegirl
well im having trouble with my 93 gs 300. the alterantor would drain the battery so i got a new battery and alternator. then in replacing it i guess the fuse blew out. i went ahead and got that replaced. now everything is working yet the battery and airbag lights are still on. what could be the problem? ive already spent a good amount trying to fix it and i dont want to spend any more money if it isnt the problem. any help?
What alternator did you purchase ? If its not an o.e alternator the aftermarket ones fail quite often. Check all the fuses first; main fuses with the sight glass.
Old 04-28-11, 06:28 PM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tabaka
2JZGE 135k, SC300 5spd, car stalls out at stop lights. No CEL, battery and alternator both passed inspection from a local Advance Auto. Car bogs down to 500 RPM's or less then just stalls. When it starts back up the RPM's are perfectly normal like nothing ever happened. But then this morning the RPM's stuck at 1200 even after full warm up and a 30 minute commute. I'm at the point now where it needs to be looked at professionally. Every heard of anything like this TACH?

Thanks,
Tabaka
Any mods on the car ? Check all your vacuum lines also clean out your throttle body, your TPS sensor should also get cleaned out with throttle body cleaner.

Quick Reply: Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician