NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-12, 05:04 AM
jfb92sc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife had the same problem with her '01 ES 300. Replaced the fuel pressure damper assembly and every thing has been fine.
Old 04-02-12, 05:21 PM
sxyboos10
Driver School Candidate

Hey i havew a 1992 sc300 w/ 1jz-gte,,, i sold it to a friend a couple of years ago, and recently got it back.. It has sat the entire two years and now is also missing keys. I am over 150 miles from any service area that can assist me in replacing the ignition and key..im in a bad parking spot and they are threatening to tow my car away and not where i need it to,,, so i have figured that i can wire the car with a remote start alarm and push button start,, but how do i dissengage the steering lock without the key
Old 04-03-12, 06:10 PM
ddcruise
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told a noise coming from The engine of my is-f was the loud injectors of the car. Is this accurate?
Old 04-04-12, 07:17 AM
Jim2jz
Driver

My auto leveling light for the headlights came on? Is there a way to clear this...... What do i have to do to fix it. I cant stand the light on the dash lol.
Old 04-07-12, 10:10 AM
RocketmAAn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
I have not seen Tach on this site for quite some time. Is he still contributing to this forum? He was super helpful and it would be a great loss if he left. Anyone know of his whereabouts?
Ditto, Have owned a 93 ES300 for about 9 years and recently found this forum and this thread. Unfortunately I see that after 5 years answering questions, TACH_MOTOR hasn't posted since Summer 2011. There were several posts by actual customers of his in NY area. Any of you know if he's still fLEXin out there somewhere?

I have the FM, so I don;t need any of that info (c'mon, you own a Lexus and you don't have the Factory Manual? Pays for itself first time you have to keep the service manager honest at one of those dealers where the money vacuums are set to full speed). I have questions like: Why won't the AC go into Diagnostic Trouble Code mode? Need someone who's been at it a while to answer those kind of questions. Other sites so called experts don't know model or make specific stuff. Many don;t know jack about electrical like if someone complains that the car drops out of OD when they turn their lights on, it could be the brake light switch (or equiv), not the trans.

LEXon, LEXoff
Old 04-07-12, 11:55 PM
ajmccarrel
Driver

Default Help!

OK, I have a WEIRD problem....

I just added a tranny cooler, shimmed the accumulators and now my car has five forward gears, no neutral and no reverse. Anyone have ANY IDEA what would be causing this?

When it does shift, it's quite bizarre, it will go to shift like it normally does and it will shift into a lower gear and rev really high. "Drive" has no power whatsoever and will not go up hills. The most drivable gear is Reverse and it drives like "Drive" used to.

This is BIZARRE! What did I likely do wrong and how do it fix it?
Old 04-12-12, 06:26 PM
lilninja
Rookie

i have seen no check engine light or heard misfiring since i got my 1994 lexus es300. as of now i can start and drive away fine but once she warms up it will sound like the engine is boging down causing it to not shift properly. i know it has a leak between manifold and rest of exhaust but once i emptied the clogged cat. conv. the loudness of the leak moved toward between the cat and the resignator. could a clogged regignator cause the issue i am facing? or should i focus on any other issues ex. sensors? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. any info about car should follow. 1994 lexus es300 3.0 230,000miles (new fuel pump fuel filter mAF sensor air filter)
Old 04-13-12, 05:57 PM
Mylton99
Driver School Candidate

Hello!

I have a 2003 LS 430. Added cold air induction just over a year ago, and have Check engine and VSC warning light on most of the time. Catalytics and everything else remain on the car. On long trips, however, the warning lights disappear. Yay! The trouble codes come up as bad catalytic converter(s).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Don
Old 04-14-12, 05:44 AM
9relude8
Pole Position

I have a 06 is350 with 105k miles. I have no suspension mods nor do I have aftermarket rims. I recently replaced my snow tires back to my summer tires when My mechanic told me that my front struts need to be replaced. I asked why and he said that it's causing unusual inner tire wear, which he showed me. The front 2 tires dhow extreme wear!!!! I asked if alignment will fix and he said it wont help. I have heard that is350 may have unusual wear on our cars but not to this extreme any suggestions?
Old 04-19-12, 10:51 AM
jsharpersr
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 gs 300

[QUOTE=TACH_MOTOR;4857930]I am posting this as a Technical help thread for NELOC Lexus owners. I am in no way advertising a business or soliciting work. I am only on here to offering to help diagnose problems you may be having with your Lexus vehicles to get a jump on your repairs.

You can post your questions and/or info on your vehicles and I'll reply to them here!I have solenod c valve issue the transmission does not shift at high speed, does that mean the transmission is gone
Old 04-30-12, 02:21 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a recording of a strange and annoying noise I have in my 2002 LS430, 123k miles. Its a rattling clunky metallic sound that is most evident at higher speeds, when I'm just barely coasting, my foot has to barely be touching the throttle, not even enough to maintain speed. At lower speeds I can still hear it its just not as loud. Been noticeable for at least 4 months. I can make the noise happen so it is not random or intermittent. Car has NEVER thrown a CEL. In the video it is easily discernable in the first 20-30 seconds and also the last 15-20 seconds. Ignore the sound of the keys on my keyring bouncing around.

I've had the heat shields removed from the y-pipe and the pipe is ok. I've cleaned the MAF, the TB, the trans has been fully flushed with Amsoil, new WP, TB, pulleys, plugs, and transmisson mount. Engine runs well, no loss of power or sluggishness anywhere but I do sense a slight engine knock, not sure if its related. I have run a good fuel system cleaner though it several times recently. Several techs have looked at it and most can't tell what the problem is or shake their heads while saying one of the cats is probably bad. Somehow I doubt that. With the car running on the lift the noise can't be duplicated.

Old 05-01-12, 01:41 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mylton99
Hello!

I have a 2003 LS 430. Added cold air induction just over a year ago, and have Check engine and VSC warning light on most of the time. Catalytics and everything else remain on the car. On long trips, however, the warning lights disappear. Yay! The trouble codes come up as bad catalytic converter(s).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Don
Have the heat shields inspected on the y-pipe coming off the forward cats. The clamps tend to rust and corrode the y-pipe causing a crack or hole, which can throw the code. If the pipe is cracked you can have a muffler shop cut out the bad section or get an aftermarket stainless replacement on ebay for a fraction of the OEM cost.
Old 05-01-12, 01:45 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES300lady
Hi,
I had my dream car until about 15 months ago. 1998 ES300, still drives like new, looks great, etc. For the last 15 months I have been trying to have a problem corrected with a strong fuel smell (not the rotten egg smell, this is definitely fuel) coming into the cabin through the air conditioning vents, but ONLY when I leave work after 6pm and it is at least 80 degrees outside. Have had the car to 3 shops including Toyota at least 7 times and no one could find the problem. Toyota ripped me off by claiming it was related to 2 minor oil leaks and charged a ton of money to fix those. Car had never lost oil and still doesn't. I finally instructed a mechanic to change all 12 of the fuel injector gaskets hoping that was it. Car ran fine 3 months until a warm front came through, then it happened again. Even while it is smelling though, the car is running smooth. 3 weeks ago I replaced the charcoal/evap canister and did a fuel induction service. Again, car ran great even in hot weather for 3 weeks then tonight a strong smell of gas flooded the cabin within 5 minutes of starting the car. First noticed when I had to stop moving. So, I tried switching to recirclate air, and that did help some, but did not eliminate it. Then switched back to outside air and it came in strong again. Car still runs great and smooth. Starts immediately (no delay) and I had them check fuel pressure last time (no problem). All I can think of is a purge valve that might be sticking sporadically. But that is another guess. About to give up. Any ideas? It is definitely not a burnt oil smell, but a fuel smell. The smell is stronger of course when stopped at a red light (and idling) but I believe that is just because I can't get a breeze to blow the smell back. It may be that the leak is under the car and it just comes up into the manifold when the car is sitting still. I fully expect it to run perfectly okay in the morning and at lunch tomorrow. It never does it during the early/middle of the day when I could take it to a mechanic, only in the evening when everyone is closed. I left it at the shop 5 days last time and he could not get it to happen. Was hoping the canister was it. Am now devastated as I've been chasing this over a year. Thank you.
likely leaking fuel pressure regulator(s)
Old 05-08-12, 05:36 PM
tr9736
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy various codes listed -- confusing

2004 GS300 with 83,000 miles -- I had my system scanned to find out why the engine dummy light was showing ... and the following came out:

P0441; P0442; PO446; P0057; C1246; C1233; C1201

The mechanic told me it "probably is oxygen sensor" but didnt sound like he was certain.. more of a trial/error in fixing, plus he charged me $50 for the test and warned Lexus parts are very pricey for these sensors... I need a 2nd opinion... anyone know what these codes really are?
that mechanic further said that I could probably just ignore them since it wasnt "critical" to fix right away, but those lights are very annoying plus I dont know if something new is going on.

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by tr9736; 05-08-12 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-12-12, 10:51 AM
08lexus350
Driver

hey guy i some what figured out my problem, i replaced the temp ecu on the passenger side under dash, its a blue box., everything works and all buttons are responsive now., but i have no air coming out, doesnt matter what speed or mode i set it, no air, seems like the blower motor is dead, any idea ??? thanks

Quick Reply: Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician