NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Member Help thread from a Lexus Certified Technician

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-12, 08:58 PM
JMMMWEL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TACH_MOTOR
I am posting this as a Technical help thread for NELOC Lexus owners. I am in no way advertising a business or soliciting work. I am only on here to offering to help diagnose problems you may be having with your Lexus vehicles to get a jump on your repairs.

You can post your questions and/or info on your vehicles and I'll reply to them here!
i have a 1995 sc400 and i believe it has an electrical short becuz when it does start the motor surges. but first just getting it started is another thing the kill switch light blinks and it takes a while to get it to stop so i can start it. the only thing that we did to the car before all this started happening is replace the door mechinism on the drivers side. do you think that replacing that could of somehow made my car do this surging and the kill switch? i never had a problem until now!
please i really need some advice. thank you
Old 05-21-12, 11:22 AM
jcsny
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,

I have a 2008 IS 350 w/ navi and recently had some body work done, while the shop had my car they said they replaced my battery for me because my old one was weak. Anyway, I got my car back today and didn't notice right away that the audio system wasn't working. When I press the Audio button on the side of the screen it says Audio Off and none of my other audio buttons (FM, AM, CD palyer) work. As far as I know they didn't touch any of the electrical systems. I searched online and the forums and couldn't find any information on this and was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I plan on taking it to the shop but was hoping this might just be a simple fix I can take care of myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 05-31-12, 08:13 PM
whtricsc40
Driver School Candidate

hello tach,

i recently replaced the timing belt, and water pump on my wifes 03 is 300 which now has about 140,00 miles and since then i now have a check engine light, vsc and trac off lights on and i couldnt figure out what was wrong so i took it to a mechanic and they said one of the 02 sensors was bad so they replaced it and the check engine light went away but the vsc and the trac light would come on as soon as the car was in gear and moves. and they said that the dealer has to reflash the computer to make that go away. So i took the car and about 40 miles later the check engine light comes back on and now the car is hesitating and almost acts like it is about to die when u step on the gas but just for a sec and then its fine. so i had the code read at advanced auto parts and they say it is the crank position sensor, so if i replace that will that fix the problem or is the timing off.
Please help im going crazy tiring to get these resolved, thats why i took it to a mechanic and its now wers and he took my money.
Old 06-11-12, 07:48 AM
nich300
Driver School Candidate

new to the gs world and i will have a lot of ?
Old 06-16-12, 01:55 PM
das277
Driver School Candidate

Hi TACH_MOTOR,
I have a 1998 SC300 and I am having trouble with the overdrive not working. All the others gears work OK 1ST,2ND, 3RD, Drive and passing gear. What could be the trouble? I had the transmission checked and the shop said the fluid was over filled and removed almost 3 qts. and said the car ran fine but I found that there was still no overdrive. I have read a lot of posts and think it may be the ECM, ECU? Is there a way to test the computer, I don't know of any one who would have a unit I could put in the car just to see if I am on the right trail. What is your advices?
Thank you.
Old 06-18-12, 07:47 AM
nich300
Driver School Candidate

can u tell me where is the ecu for a 1st gen gs300
Old 06-19-12, 07:33 PM
Derrick42
Pole Position

hey does anyone else have headlight problems, my high beams and low beams an angel eyes went out, every time I replace the headlight for low beam it looks burned at the bottom...when I first of all my headlights the headlight flick like but don't stay on...I have a 2004 525i....and on top of that my passenger airbag light is on with the seat belt...and my screen stop working its blank, it says SOS with a little phone and line thrw it ...? HELP
Old 07-01-12, 09:23 PM
Dreamzop
Driver School Candidate

I have the same probelm that spyder is having but my vsc light,abs, and chk engine light is on. I got it clear and still they are coming up. should i change the 02 sensors or first change the modulce the 02 sensor. I am lost need help badly.
Old 07-07-12, 08:10 AM
Ice1213
Driver School Candidate

I am posting this as a Technical help thread for NELOC Lexus owners. I am in no way advertising a business or soliciting work. I am only on here to offering to help diagnose problems you may be having with your Lexus vehicles to get a jump on your repairs.

You can post your questions and/or info on your vehicles and I'll reply to them here!
Hello Tach_Motor,
I have a 99 GS300 as of a few days ago my abs, vsc, and vsc off light have come on. I checked the codes using a jumper wire from TC to E1. The codes i retrieved are the following;
ABS codes: 11, 21, 22, 23, 24, 53; VSC codes: 33, 43.
I am not sure what these codes mean. I feel that all these codes are rooting from one problem.
I have no mods done and no suspension recent work done either.
If there is any way that you may be able to help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Old 07-11-12, 01:51 PM
2 400's
Driver School Candidate

Default '92 sc400

Hello, I'm about to replace my alternator in my 92 sc400 and I see many different amperages, which is best for my car?
Old 07-17-12, 08:36 AM
dennismtyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1999 Rx 300 AWD 428,000 Miles. Knock sensors are retarding timing causing carbon build up in converter. Problem causing the Knock sensor problem has been fixed. Can I disable the knock sensor and remove codes on ECU? If so where can I unplug the sensor or cut feed without removing intake?
Old 07-24-12, 12:14 AM
exiakira
Rookie

hi , i got a problem with my headlight a few days ago.when i was drving at night, my passenger side's light is pointing the floor, which it should be the same level with my driver side before. so i just want to know whats going on with it ? can i adjust it back by myself or is something wrong with the AFS ?
Old 07-27-12, 08:06 AM
JerryWB
Driver School Candidate

what would a fair price be to replace all 4 shocks ( or Struts) on a 2000 Lexus ES 300 Platinum
Also the check engine light came on as well as the traxlight on the dash?? It says trac off

Last edited by JerryWB; 07-27-12 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-30-12, 07:29 AM
NetG
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought a 92 Lexus LS400 with over 290k miles and drove it for two days and she felt great. Brakes vibrated but smoothed with a long hard application. Tie rods needed replacing steering was a tad loose. All fluids seemed good. I'm a former mechanic, only did it for about 5-6 years, I figured I'd be able to tell a bad engine or transmission...everything felt strong. The transmission was smooth but not delayed. Well all of the sudden after driving and the car had cooled off I lightly sprayed soapy water on the engine (I later confirmed the transmission didn't get wet) and then used a rag to wipe up loose dirt that had collected. I lightly sprayed the soap off. Closed the hood to go for a ride and I had reverse but no forward. I've confirmed my linkages move appropriately at the transmission casing, I've checked the trunk wires and I don't have any tranny codes. Well it just flashes quickly continuously. I have a right o2 sensor code. I've reset the ecu and I've disconnected the electrical connector at the tranny. Same thing reverse is strong but no forward. a/c blows super cold though. Thoughts? Trying to avoid rebuild but I have rebuilt a toyota truck transmission but just wanting to ask a pro before I pull this sucker out.
Old 07-30-12, 07:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Members,

The thread starter has not been online in nearly 8 months and most questions are going unanswered so I'm closing this thread.

Most if not all recent questions are suitable to be posted in the Lexus model discussion forums for your appropriate vehicle where other Lexus techs and knowledgeable members can provide some assistance.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-model-forums-1/