NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NOVA State Inspection Shops

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-09, 08:00 AM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NOVA State Inspection Shops

Anyone know of any state inspection shops in NOVA that is relative lax in their inspection?
Old 10-02-09, 08:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know that a few of the old gas stations i used to go to in herndon and tysons would do it for a 20$ on the side. just talk to the dudes first so they know your cool then just be like hey so heres 20$ or $30 for your troubles. in this economy, ,sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiit
Old 10-02-09, 09:17 AM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

sup sojah, how u like ur new LS? as u can see, i finally got my white 2GS =)

do inspection shops even care about tint %? or will they usually let you pass anyways
Old 10-03-09, 07:09 AM
ceelo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Legends6spd
sup sojah, how u like ur new LS? as u can see, i finally got my white 2GS =)

do inspection shops even care about tint %? or will they usually let you pass anyways
99.9% of them are not going to care. My car failed on Tuesday because of the clear sidemarkers on the bumper . Just got some stock ones from Pembroke Pines Lexus and I should be good to get re-inspected.

What are you worried about not passing?
Old 10-06-09, 03:00 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

the shop i went to with my old white gs (that i miss a lot if you couldn't tell) failed me on the clear sidemarkers and the 2% tint, but they were straight biyatches so i had to go down the street and pay the dude to hook me up proper.

i do love the ls but its not fun to drive, pretty borin but pimp, like a cadi (deville) compared to a g35, you know what i'm sayin...¿¿¿

yeah nice gs you gots there btw, i diggin the style so i would say the average shop in nova being the haters that they are will fail you and then look for reasons to justify it. (beez always says VA is for haters, i think he's right)... you interested in selling ur s2k?

Last edited by sojah; 10-06-09 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 09:37 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Went to 3 Shell's and 1 Amoco and none of them will take me because my car is too low and won't get on their emissions ramp...

I went to Curry's Automotive and passed with flying colors. They deal w/ modded and high end cars all the time so it was a cinch.

Took my S2000 there and failed because my rear tire w/ heavy neg camber was worn out... i have 4 brand new ones coming and should pass inspection tomorrow when they install the tires.

No i'm not selling the S. It's a perfect compliment to the GS. I also still have that Subaru beater for the winter =)

I almost bought a white LS430 before deciding on this GS430. It was like <3 at first sight =)
Old 10-07-09, 10:00 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

sounds like you got lucky with finding that car shop. i wasn't big into the car scene when i lived in nova cept for a small group of fiends and nobody informed me of this shop, i wish i would have known about it but its cool cuz i found other connections eventually. (i didn't realize who you were at first or i would have pm'ed you the shop where i used to pass for va inspections,, sorry...)

did you buy that gs like that or did you mod it out. what about the exhaust, cuz i know you said you weren't really feeling my tababe for a dd. that does look like a pretty clean example of a modded gs430 though, if you don't mind my asking at what price range and mileage did you pick that one up at?? i wish i would have kept my old gs after only getting like $8800 (I forget exactly but 8800 seems to ring a bell) for it.

i've been looking around for a decent s2k for less than blue book but not sure how much sense it would make to have another car payment on top of the ls... just about paid off the wives car sooooo....
Old 10-07-09, 01:15 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

shell gas station by graham rd./route 50 in falls church did mine few weeks ago...actually did the emission but dude was cool.
Old 10-07-09, 03:37 PM
sillyboi12
Banned from selling! Respond to your PMs

West Springfield auto care! i know everyone there. it's off rolling rd and old keene mill rd same premises as the exxon! just go over there and ask for joel and tell him that Pal sent you!