NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Sometimes you do things.. then wonder why...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 08:38 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sometimes you do things.. then wonder why...

Couldn't find buyers for some audio stuff I had so I decided to throw some of it into my friend's saturn... since he was willing to pay and let me turn an econobox car into a much heavier econobox car...

It will be carpeted sometime eh.. never...
The old headunit was a crappy walmart bought pioneer.. so we replaced it with another pioneer we had laying around from a customers car... thankfully this has 4volt outs.

Plexiglass if friggin expensive...

fiberglass is fun and delicious

US Amps exceeded my expectations... I'm probably gonna swap it out for two seperate amps and use this amp in my car later but its working pretty well now. The 2 12w7's were being pushed by two RF BD1500's before.

Everything is still a work in progress... battery/alt upgrades are needed... surprisingly the saturn doesn't rattle at all.. must be all the plastic and play doh that goes into the production of the vehicle... we were also going to originally paint the fiberglass rear deck but we are lazy...

the doner vehicle...

Last edited by djspawn00; 10-03-09 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-03-09, 08:43 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Also building a box using 3 12" hx2's in my friends RSX... I dunno why.. he asked for it. I'll post up pics soon....

I'm slowly working towards getting set of door panels for my 2GS to customize... I haven't decided on a configuration as yet... but its still in planning.

Last edited by djspawn00; 10-03-09 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 02:52 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i used to have x2 12" rf power hx2's (if these are the same your referring to) with 1k watts (rf bd1000.1 bridged) and it hit so freakin hard. i had it in a honda integra hatchback at first and it was mean

i really miss those that setup i had, i wish i had kept it when i sold the car as it... grrr.... great setup in that small car though, that dude is going to have hearing problems about 5 years from now
Old 10-15-09, 11:00 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
i used to have x2 12" rf power hx2's (if these are the same your referring to) with 1k watts (rf bd1000.1 bridged) and it hit so freakin hard. i had it in a honda integra hatchback at first and it was mean

i really miss those that setup i had, i wish i had kept it when i sold the car as it... grrr.... great setup in that small car though, that dude is going to have hearing problems about 5 years from now
Finally finished my friends RSX after about 2 weeks of procrastinating... the 3 hx2's are more likely to cause hearing problems in about 5 months let alone 5 years. It sounds sick. Its pouring today so I'll have to post some pictures up when the weather gets better.
Old 10-16-09, 11:28 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

finished as in functional.. not finished as in done...

old amp but still kicks like a beast

Old 10-17-09, 11:30 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

those aren't the power hx2's i dont' believe, are those just normal hx2's then,,, i think the power ones had the twice the magnet size as the regular hx2's did. the 12's were like 48 lbs a piece or something ridiculous like that. still very nice i'm sure though. nice setup.
Old 10-17-09, 05:31 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

those aren't the power hx2's i dont' believe, are those just normal hx2's then,,, i think the power ones had the twice the magnet size as the regular hx2's did. the 12's were like 48 lbs a piece or something ridiculous like that. still very nice i'm sure though. nice setup.
nah, those power hx2's are about twice the power of what is in this box (punch hx2) i believe and yep they were heavy at 38lbs a piece, these are a slightly less powerful version but bump hard enough to hurt. I don't even know if I could find the power version, the HX2's I used were from old boxes and overstock that were collecting dust but not bad for something built out of leftover parts.

When I redo my build I won't use any hand me down speakers or sub. Gonna keep it fresh for the GS.
Old 10-18-09, 08:27 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

if i could find some new or heck even my old power hx2's with that old bd1000 amp i would install that shiz in my current car. it hit so much lower and harder than most of the stuff out there today. what in the world happened to rf's new line the ones i heard didn't come close to sounding like that. last i heard you had to be like a certified db champ to even order the good ones and i gave up the rf search at that point.
Old 10-24-09, 07:55 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

if i could find some new or heck even my old power hx2's with that old bd1000 amp i would install that shiz in my current car. it hit so much lower and harder than most of the stuff out there today. what in the world happened to rf's new line the ones i heard didn't come close to sounding like that. last i heard you had to be like a certified db champ to even order the good ones and i gave up the rf search at that point.
i'm well acquainted with a couple of certified db/spl champs i can probably ask them if you're interested in finding them. I also have a few brand new RF amps for sale too. lmk
Old 10-25-09, 06:13 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i am a little interested actually. can you possibly pm me just a quick list don't have to put a lot of effort and summarize the items -now/used - price - specs. thanks,
Old 11-01-09, 02:41 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

i am a little interested actually. can you possibly pm me just a quick list don't have to put a lot of effort and summarize the items -now/used - price - specs. thanks,

I just saw this post today, I'll post a list sometime this week. Sorry about that.