NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

End of the Season Fort Hunt Park, VA Meet: 11/14/09

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 06:46 PM
amorphous
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ki, I'm covered by a tree. Man that's cold blooded had to nix me out of the picture but include my car :-D
Old 11-16-09, 05:55 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great meet and great weather... on my way out of the park on that one way circle some old people stepped out over the halfway line trying to talk to each other i spoze and didn't hear my car approaching like 5 feet behind them so i sorta gently scooted over to the right to avoid hitting a 80 year old man and i bit the curb so so hard. about 90% of my rear right rim is completely curb rashed now and about 65% of the front right rim is rashed up pretty bad. no ballance issues driving home at 85+ mph but very very unsightly and i'm a little pissed. i pulled over to asses the damage and the old people didn't even say sorry or attempt to even look at me when they walked past. i so wanted to say hey you know i almost clipped you when you stepped out in the middle of the road and in avoiding to do so hit that curb you heard so loud... but i was in a really good mood so i just drove home...

really nice meeting a lot of you guys and seeing some old faces too.
Old 11-16-09, 06:26 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
great meet and great weather... on my way out of the park on that one way circle some old people stepped out over the halfway line trying to talk to each other i spoze and didn't hear my car approaching like 5 feet behind them so i sorta gently scooted over to the right to avoid hitting a 80 year old man and i bit the curb so so hard. about 90% of my rear right rim is completely curb rashed now and about 65% of the front right rim is rashed up pretty bad. no ballance issues driving home at 85+ mph but very very unsightly and i'm a little pissed. i pulled over to asses the damage and the old people didn't even say sorry or attempt to even look at me when they walked past. i so wanted to say hey you know i almost clipped you when you stepped out in the middle of the road and in avoiding to do so hit that curb you heard so loud... but i was in a really good mood so i just drove home...

really nice meeting a lot of you guys and seeing some old faces too.
that sucks, i would have cried. i noticed also that people just walk and ride their bikes right in the middle of the road, however it was cool meeting you and everyone else. This was my first meet i enjoyed all the cars and meeting people as enthusiastic as myself can t wait for the next one
Old 11-16-09, 08:10 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dude, that sucks. you just got those wheels. shoud've jumped out and beat them with a tire iron, GTA style. lol. well, guess it's time to upgrade to some 20" step lips...
sorry i couldn't make it yesterday; sounds like i missed a good time. looking forward to the pics!
Old 11-16-09, 11:29 AM
chicks
Driver

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the meet! The turnout was great and you couldn't ask for better weather. I hope everyone had a good time and it was a pleasure talking with many of you.

Thanks again to all of you and I look forward to seeing everyone again in the spring!

sojah - I'm really sorry to hear about your incident with the wheels, definitely not what you like to read about after an otherwise good event. There was definitely a fair amount of pedestrian and bike traffic in the park yesterday. I believe the rule is walkers and bikers on the left and cars to the right, so you did the right thing. However, I did notice people walking in the middle of the road making it difficult for cars to get around. Hopefully this won't discourage you from making it to future events.

Take care,
Court
Old 11-16-09, 12:12 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

nooo,, definitely no discouragement on my part. a few years back and a couple sets of rims ago i may have held a little discontentment. but now i am of the mindset that it is just a wheel or just a car, right? plus they are a in between set of nice wheels for me, so like ryan said maybe its time to make the upgrade, or maybe this is a good lesson as to why i shouldn't get another set of 6k wheels .

prolly the best car meet i have been to in a very long time. thanks for organizing it and i look forward to next years. my wife and i had never been out there before and now she wants to come back and picnic sometime just the two of us... so i guess i should say thanks for that one buddy you owe me one now i figure
Old 11-16-09, 05:24 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are my pics!

Old 11-16-09, 05:35 PM
KiPod
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome pics. I love this meet.
Old 11-16-09, 07:33 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Great meet and it was nice seeing everybody.
Old 11-17-09, 04:48 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

where was that lambo at?? i never even saw it.
Old 11-17-09, 04:50 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice pics guys!
Old 11-17-09, 06:52 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

looks like a great meet.. if it was still on the 14th i woulda been there.. but i had picked up someone shift on sunday awhile back and just had to be there
Old 11-17-09, 08:25 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
where was that lambo at?? i never even saw it.
Lambo came near the end of the meet. it was in the section where most of the supra parked.
Old 11-17-09, 04:04 PM
AEeighty6
Pole Position

we need a thread just for the pictures to be all compiled together..>...it was a great meet and was nice to meet everyone!...hope to see u guys again soon!
Old 11-18-09, 03:47 AM
chicks
Driver

I'll try to post a bunch pics in the next day or so

Quick Reply: End of the Season Fort Hunt Park, VA Meet: 11/14/09