NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NY: Stolen IS-f

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 10:34 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we believe it may have been a flatbed. Happened while he was in the city. Came back out car was gone. He said he called lexus to track it via the gps or something (not familiar with the IS-F security) and they said it cant be trace, that maybe the gps was removed?
Old 01-26-10, 07:21 AM
schase
Pole Position

wow i kno it was flatbed i seen a few cars get taken by flatbed
that car in parted out and chop up by now
Old 01-26-10, 07:41 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but its just a car though right,, i mean thats what insurance is for, isn't it?... or is the is-f super rare and on a waiting list still or something like this. did they have it like twin turboed with tons of $$$ in parts in it?

regardless this does suck a lot, and i'm sorry to hear about it, but it happens...
Old 01-26-10, 08:14 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schase
wow i kno it was flatbed i seen a few cars get taken by flatbed
that car in parted out and chop up by now
Yeah... it wasn't stolen for a joy ride.. its either chopped up or on a boat to south america as we speak...
Old 01-26-10, 08:21 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rkyat
we believe it may have been a flatbed. Happened while he was in the city. Came back out car was gone. He said he called lexus to track it via the gps or something (not familiar with the IS-F security) and they said it cant be trace, that maybe the gps was removed?
Ry

You have to give up some more details on this because it just doesn't sound plausible. In the city where? IS-F is a rare car to be seen on NYC streets, and even less in Manhattan. And a flatbed is even more rare.

Two thousand three hundred and ninety seven cameras patrol the streets of Manhattan. On average, 200 cameras watch over every community district in the borough. Approximately 2,000 of the cameras are stationary. The stationary cameras are usually either cylindrical or three-dimensional rectangular devices about the length of one�s forearm. Although often made of an off-white plastic, they can also be found in black.
Not calling you a liar by any means but it's just not adding up. Cars are damaged in the city with people shopping for parts but getting a car outright stolen in the city (especially a Lexus in which a flatbed is the easiest - if only method) is rare and risky enough to not do it as there are much easier targets to be had.
Old 01-27-10, 11:48 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

I don't have all the details atm, I didn't dig in deep enough. It was around the village area at night, that's the extent of the details I have. Ill see what else I can get.
Old 01-28-10, 05:36 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

i'll tell my friend's cousin about this. he runs a few junkyards out in Willets point and Hunts point.
Old 01-29-10, 06:09 AM
lisc300
Pole Position

sorry to hear what happened, Ill see what I can do...Well, think about it what of value on the car that can be taken off? What parts can be put on other cars with little or no modifications? My guess would me its probably in NJ somewhere no bricks with no wheels, or brakes. Hit other forums and inquire, I first place Id go to is B20vtech.com and put a post up.
Old 01-30-10, 03:38 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

Any word from the police?
Old 01-31-10, 05:18 PM
EMERGE888
Driver School Candidate

that its my next car im getting a tracking device ... i would be mad as hell if somebody took my is-f ...soo madd does the navi having tracking on it ... low jack atleast
Old 02-01-10, 09:31 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

navigation does not equal low jack.
Old 02-02-10, 08:31 AM
TACH_MOTOR
Lead Lap

Definitely flat bed. These cars immobilizer systems are too complex to just jam the signal from radio shack hardware. It has to be an inside job ( lexus mechanic ) who has a coded key that can get in and start the car and drive off. The other is flat bed.

Or

Not trying to point fingers it can be an insurance job. Due to the economy more and more people are burning their cars and/or finding ways to get out of their payments.
You spend $70K on an IS-F and the resale on some of these have dropped so at most you can get anywhere from $45-$55 for a used one only if someone is ready to buy but you still lose.
Old 02-02-10, 03:23 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wat color is the car? a member spotted a blue isf on I95 getting pulled over by a state trooper.
Old 02-02-10, 09:20 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

dam sorry too hear this yeah i hardly see an ISF around here lol and if i do i look at it from all the angels LOL ill keep an eye out i am always in williamsburg area... good luck
Old 02-03-10, 07:57 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TACH_MOTOR
Definitely flat bed. These cars immobilizer systems are too complex to just jam the signal from radio shack hardware. It has to be an inside job ( lexus mechanic ) who has a coded key that can get in and start the car and drive off. The other is flat bed.
i wouldnt say an inside job because there are plenty very experienced car theives out there that know what they are doing and have the tools to do it, even on cars like a lexus. also anyone with a flat bed can pick any car up and leave.

Quick Reply: NY: Stolen IS-f