NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

LI dealer feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 11:10 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LI dealer feedback

Wondering if anyone had feedback on various LI or even NYC dealerships....

I recently went to rallye and had been charged $15 to replace push-in screws for the engine covers that they had lost in the first place. Sent a letter to complain, no response.

I was talking to a friend with a white ISF (not on CL) who had some work done at lexus of massapequa (for seat stitching) and had his car returned with baby toys in the back and imprints of a child seat!!! I can verify this is true because we discovered this at a local car wash we both go to.

Regardless, in the valuepack mail is a coupon for lexus of rockville, i'm willing to try them out for service... or any others people would like to recommend!

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-10, 02:04 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm seems alot of NY'ers are in this same boat. Plain and simple the dealers here are crude, fake, and really care less about your car. I always had decent experiences with Rallye. They SEEM to be more mod friendly then any other dealerships.

Don't go to Bayridge, there a bunch of suckers over there for sure. I'd rather take to a shop of someone I know to have things done. What are ya in need of? Maybe I can point ya in the right direction...
Old 02-23-10, 06:51 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We purchased our RX330 from rockville center and always had good experience. Unfortunately, one time the put a scratch on the fender but we had to leave the dealer right away. They scheduled to pick up the RX from my house in Queens via a flatbed, have it repaired, and then flatbedded back. They won us back with that after being pissed about the scratch
Old 02-23-10, 06:59 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Nice chris ^^

Rallye is like hit or miss lol. I would just schedule with Pam and have billy do the work.

I got 2 rims curbed and repaired there. and repaired again and then finally replaced.

I got a loaner and they had a driver come with my car and deliver it to my house.
Old 02-23-10, 07:42 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

lol, it was actually billy who left off like 3 clips. but he's a nice guy and who did great work, i just didn't notice the missing clips until later. i didn't think they would charge $15 over those plastic push in screws, especially when i was coming back to do a oil change and then pointed it out. i mean they charge $100 for an oil change anyways. i was just told "billy didn't forget it to replace, we replaced them, it's only $15" after I handed my card. by then, i didn't really want to argue over it and knew i would just write a letter expressing the disappoint - which has caused me to consider going elsewhere.

so basically, just looking for maintenance work that is reasonably priced. and if a mistake is made (hey, it happens) OWN UP TO IT (regardless if it is a lexus dealership or not). before i heard they accidentally ripped off cathefer's bumper, but replaced it. but i guess there was no dodging that mistake

i know my boy charles in his white ISF got a free oil change out of the child seat indents and toys left in the back of his F from the lexus of massepequa incident. i told him and to further complain to higher up officials but i don't think he did. i thought that was a big issue i would have made a BIG GHETTO scene out of.
Old 02-23-10, 10:23 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a huge issue to have people driving your car around, picking up their children from daycare and chilling around.
Old 02-23-10, 10:38 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by excluesive
That is a huge issue to have people driving your car around, picking up their children from daycare and chilling around.
yeah seriously... wtf is that lol. free oil changes for life lmao.
Old 02-25-10, 08:48 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Lexus of Queens, Manhattan and Bklyn are owned by the same people. stay away.

Lexus of Rockville Centre and Lexus of Massapequa are brother sister dealerships from what the salesman told me at time of purchase. At the R.C dealer, you have to check your car over before you leave the dealer. They have some very rude service reps (who greet you, talk about vehicle issues, how much it will cost, etc) act like their ***** don't stink. Bad customer service is bad for business. The techs, the service dept manager Tom, and some of the other guys are friendly and helpful.

RC gave me a loaner and I had to call them at the end of the business day to find out if/when my car was ready, so I don't have to be charged for keeping the loaner. Then I had to rush from queens to long island before they closed.

I was actually about to switch service from R.C to Rallye. Now i'm having 2nd thoughts. I figured that since Rallye held some CL meets at their dealership, they would be more owner friendly and care about the service performed instead of the $.

Like someone else said, its like a hit or miss with these people.