NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

naptown on the 20th anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 04:58 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default naptown on the 20th anyone?

hey guys. given the upcoming break in weather (hopefully), i was pondering a 'mini meet' for Saturday, March 20th. thinking of a late afternoon meet and greet and small poto shoot for who shows up, then dinner/pool or bowling. something for some of the newer members (such as myself) to meet before the larger upcoming meets. annapolis for me is a good choice being close to b'more and dc. let me know what you think; who's interested and the like, and we can start hashing out the particulars. i would like to have everything 'planned' by the 13th to give enough notice as to where and what we will do, and to make necessary restaurant/pool hall or bowling arrangements. i will update this first post with confirmations.
all suggestions welcome - i'll start with Thai or Mexican/Spanish.

1.Ryan
2.LRoy(maybe)
3.Sojah
4.IS729
5.AlphaTribe(maybe)
6.ebb100z
7.lkapimp216
8.Smitty(maybe)
9.Bigmalik(maybe)
10.Habious(maybe)
11.03es(maybe)
12.Horent135

Last edited by ryan78; 03-10-10 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-03-10, 07:43 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats goin on man, Sojah told me you were planning something. I dont have anything planned on the 20th.

So put me down as a maybe for now.
Old 03-03-10, 08:24 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am down, count me in. I vote for Thai, Gordon Biersch (need reservations if large party for sure), Cracker Barrel (just over the bridge but a good place for groups), or what about that BBQ place just off of 50 (same exit as annapolis lexus)???
Old 03-03-10, 09:34 AM
beez43
Pole Position

ooh gordon biersch is always good stuff.. but isnt it red hot and blue thats off that exit for bbq? I wont be making it.. cali is where its at for that weekend
Old 03-03-10, 10:29 AM
IS729
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah red hot and blue is off that exit on 50 theres a steak house thats pretty good for big parties in edgewater like 5-10 minutes from the annapolis mall. you can put me down as a maybe, if im not working ill be there
Old 03-03-10, 10:36 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys are interested in venturing into Annapolis, Pusser's Annapolis Pub and Restaurant is right in the harbor and would be pretty sweet for a meet.
Old 03-03-10, 12:17 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

is the steak house you speak of called the original steakhouse?? if so it is the best steak house i have ever ate at for the price (as in not that much) but they are usually really crowded so reservations is a must...

pussers is alright (i have eaten there personally over 25 times plus numerous bar visits only ) but they cater to tourists the most and not for your return business (in my opinion)... if we could sit outside on their dock on the water i would vote for there but the dock isn't opened yet plus its a little cold plus they don't take reservations for outside seating so its first come first server for outside. my wife and i have gotten sick more than once from eating at pussers, but they have an awesome bar ...

gordon biersch also has an awesome bar and even awesome-er food.. they have hundreds of beers to sample and have this beer sampler menu thing that is also really cool.

i live like 1.5 miles from downtown and have eaten at a lot of restaurants in the area, like many others too i'm sure so if you are looking for some quality tapas, french, or Mediterranean etc..... just let me know.

my wife and i just found our new favorite seafood rest btw in annapolis called Oleary's Seafood over by the chart house and ruth's chris... also carrolls creak is great but i am not sure of the price range we are wanting to keep it within.
Old 03-03-10, 12:24 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
is the steak house you speak of called the original steakhouse?? if so it is the best steak house i have ever ate at for the price (as in not that much) but they are usually really crowded so reservations is a must...

pussers is alright (i have eaten there personally over 25 times plus numerous bar visits only ) but they cater to tourists the most and not for your return business (in my opinion)... if we could sit outside on their dock on the water i would vote for there but the dock isn't opened yet plus its a little cold plus they don't take reservations for outside seating so its first come first server for outside. my wife and i have gotten sick more than once from eating at pussers, but they have an awesome bar ...

gordon biersch also has an awesome bar and even awesome-er food.. they have hundreds of beers to sample and have this beer sampler menu thing that is also really cool.

i live like 1.5 miles from downtown and have eaten at a lot of restaurants in the area, like many others too i'm sure so if you are looking for some quality tapas, french, or Mediterranean etc..... just let me know.

my wife and i just found our new favorite seafood rest btw in annapolis called Oleary's Seafood over by the chart house and ruth's chris... also carrolls creak is great but i am not sure of the price range we are wanting to keep it within.
yes!! that and gordon biersch are great theres a bunch of places in the annapolis area..... famous daves, fuddruckers, cheesecake factory, chilis, applebees, gordon biersch, the original steakhouse, pussers... and then over in the crofton area.... theres a ledos pizza and damons ( kinda like an applebees)

Last edited by IS729; 03-03-10 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-03-10, 12:37 PM
ryan78
Instructor

lets not forget yellowfin in edgewater, but that may be a bit too pricey. are we interested in pool or bowling after dinner? all about some competition. lol. i would like to steer away from downtown (oldtown) annapolis due to the logistics. i think the upperdeck of the new parking garage behind nordstoms/macy's (where we met for crabs) is as good a meeting spot as any. keep the ideas coming guys! once we have a general consensus, we'll make it happen. glad to see we are having some interest.

ooh gordon biersch is always good stuff.. but isnt it red hot and blue thats off that exit for bbq? I wont be making it.. cali is where its at for that weekend

al, sorry you wont be making it, but i'm sure you'll be thinking of us from the west coast. lol. enjoy your trip man!
Old 03-03-10, 12:48 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ryan78
lets not forget yellowfin in edgewater, but that may be a bit too pricey. are we interested in pool or bowling after dinner? all about some competition. lol. i would like to steer away from downtown (oldtown) annapolis due to the logistics. i think the upperdeck of the new parking garage behind nordstoms/macy's (where we met for crabs) is as good a meeting spot as any. keep the ideas coming guys! once we have a general consensus, we'll make it happen. glad to see we are having some interest.

al, sorry you wont be making it, but i'm sure you'll be thinking of us from the west coast. lol. enjoy your trip man!
yeah...we should try and get a price range going
Old 03-03-10, 12:51 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah yellow fin is good too and they keep winning best happy hour in annapolis even though technically they are edgewater by a few blocks. gordon biersch has a parking garage also but yeah,, that cheesecake factory at the mall would be convenient but they need reservations too cuz of the business on weekends.

i am definitely down for some pool, but i haven't bowled in a long long time (prolly at least 5 years). i am fine with either.
Old 03-03-10, 01:00 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red Hot & Blue ****s almost on Route 50 by the Lexus dealer. You actually have to pass both the Lexus dealer and then Red Hot & Blue to get off the exit which is Exit 28 or Bay Dale Dr then make a right toward the restaurant and the Lexus dealer.
Old 03-03-10, 01:06 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Red Hot & Blue ****s almost on Route 50 by the Lexus dealer. You actually have to pass both the Lexus dealer and then Red Hot & Blue to get off the exit which is Exit 28 or Bay Dale Dr then make a right toward the restaurant and the Lexus dealer.
actually you make a left on that exit for Red hot and blue, not to sound like an *** and correcting you lol you can either stay to the right of the exit which will lead you to the overpass over 50 and the lexus dealership or stay to the left which puts you straight to a stop sign which you can turn left at to go to a highs gas station i believe it is and red hot and blue
Old 03-03-10, 02:26 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

so red hot and blue it is then.... oh wait, just wishful thinking.
Old 03-04-10, 03:43 AM
ryan78
Instructor

lol. so it seems red hot and blue is the frontrunner, with gordon biersch second. hopefully we can get a few more people to chime in; hoping to have a decent turnout...

Quick Reply: naptown on the 20th anyone?