NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle 2010 Aftermath thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-10, 01:02 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beez43
what?!?!? i like the one standing in front of the range.. shes juicy!
Yeah just give her one of these..
Old 05-09-10, 01:10 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats!!!! TO Brad aka montgb for winning 1st and Josh aka camelflage for winning 3rd. AND NELOC for the best club.
Old 05-09-10, 02:30 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats guys!!! and Neloc rolled deep as usual.
Old 05-09-10, 02:36 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post Nice

Great pics guys. It was nice meeting alot of you guys. Im glad i got to roll up this year. Cant wait for future meets.
Old 05-09-10, 04:28 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Looking good.....couldn't get the fenders pulled enough to drive, so we missed the show...
Old 05-09-10, 04:40 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think we need to do a different event for next year as the big "annual" thing
Old 05-09-10, 04:49 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Nice catching up with everyone and great pics so far. Only thing, I HATED the wind, just walking around makes you so tired..
Old 05-09-10, 05:11 PM
ispimpin
Rookie

Originally Posted by excluesive
i think we need to do a different event for next year as the big "annual" thing
I agree. Jess and I were talking, our cars don't really fit in the show up there. No disrespect to any people from the area, but its just a different scene. NELOC is more VIP and luxury oriented (even though some of the IS guys like to think of ourselves as more performance) and though carlisle once had a little bit of this feel, it is gone. VIP lane has gone from jaw dropping to 2-3 very nice cars, and the rest either performance or stock cars from dealers.

This year it felt almost as if we were throwing a NELOC bbq in the middle of a car show, we were kind of isolated and away from everyone else, with no too many people coming through the pavilion. I still had a good time, but I do agree the show has taken a turn for the worse, especially for us. If you were going for a show and to see lots of nice cars and take part in fun events then I can definitely see where this year was a disappointment.
Old 05-09-10, 05:21 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

if we do go next year, we should ditch the whole NELOC pavilion thing. No one likes to walk all the way there and we are way to bunched up. we have won the best crew three years straight, we should be right in the middle of everything.
Old 05-09-10, 05:33 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^Yea we where definitely far from everything.. but overall it was nice.. and nice meeting everybody. Alot of cool people
Old 05-09-10, 05:35 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

yeah man i'm glad you were able to make it out....
Old 05-09-10, 05:37 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by djsai
Congrats!!!! TO Brad aka montgb for winning 1st and Josh aka camelflage for winning 3rd. AND NELOC for the best club.
Congrats Guys! Awesome JOB representing CL/NELOC!
Old 05-09-10, 05:38 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea man.. at first it was iffy because i rolled out there by myself (w/ lil bro) and i didnt know anyone.. but im really happy i did
Old 05-09-10, 05:40 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ispimpin
I agree. Jess and I were talking, our cars don't really fit in the show up there. No disrespect to any people from the area, but its just a different scene. NELOC is more VIP and luxury oriented (even though some of the IS guys like to think of ourselves as more performance) and though carlisle once had a little bit of this feel, it is gone. VIP lane has gone from jaw dropping to 2-3 very nice cars, and the rest either performance or stock cars from dealers.

This year it felt almost as if we were throwing a NELOC bbq in the middle of a car show, we were kind of isolated and away from everyone else, with no too many people coming through the pavilion. I still had a good time, but I do agree the show has taken a turn for the worse, especially for us. If you were going for a show and to see lots of nice cars and take part in fun events then I can definitely see where this year was a disappointment.
When we first started the idea of holding a NELOC venue at Carlisle, it was done to accomplish 2 things.

1. Hold an annual meet at a venue where it was more than a "parking lot" meet and had other things to do and see.

2. Bring a higher level of car to a show that's been dominated from the "JC Whitney" crowd.

I think over the years, we've outgrown both, so I do agree it's time to move on.

It looks like what Rich started with the P&S show has deteriorated to a very marginal show that's way too long. In addition, the cars that show up at Carlisle are marginal to weak…and that’s the truth. In the future, we could look into a more upscale show, like the HIN replacement. In Cali, those types of show draw the more serious builders, and cut down to the lower echelon cars. I miss not coming out and seeing the NELOC family, but talking to a bunch of friends who attended, I don’t think I missed much at the show itself. I personally don’t think I’ll go back to Carlisle, even though I know they will want us back. By the way, a big thanks to Ryan for organizing….it’s not easy…ask Leroy…
Old 05-09-10, 05:45 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

This for me finally making it out to a Carlisle meet, I must say that overall it was ok. Mainly, it was wonderful to meet the various folks who are us "NELOC", I wish I could have seen more of the regular NELOC folks there. Maybe at more of the meets I will.

It was great meeting you all who made it out. Special thanks to Bernie for getting this organized and for Josh getting us parked right in the pavilion. Still kinda pissed that those junk cars were taking up pavilion space and none of the GS were able to park in the pavilion!

Once again, I always enjoy going to the meets and shows when I can make it, especially to see you all face to face! Hanging out with you all was Awesome and I will plan to continue doing so by attending more meets and shows with you guys when possible.

Quick Reply: Carlisle 2010 Aftermath thread