NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Sumospeed Springfest 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 05:00 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
all this talk of bad roads is getting me worried, where does it get bad actually? when you get off i95?

The Hampton roads bridge tunnel is a bit spotty and a little bit after, but if you jump on the Hov after the tunnel it's as smooth as glass. A small section on 264 to the venue is a bit rough but everyone will survive. It's a bit over exaggerated. I drive 30 miles a day over what everyone will be coming in on and I haven't bent a rim yet. (knock on wood)
Old 05-10-11, 07:45 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Ricky I am coming through the area about 10AM what time you rolling out from Odenton area.
Unfortunately, I've gotta try to be in Va. Beach by noon. So, I will be leaving the MD at around 8am. I still have to work remotely online once I get into the Hampton Roads. Probably work out of a Panera or my Mom's house.
Old 05-10-11, 07:48 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are killin me..no more talk of the roads!

Just thought of this but beerfest is close by..plan b?
Old 05-10-11, 07:49 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
The Hampton roads bridge tunnel is a bit spotty and a little bit after, but if you jump on the Hov after the tunnel it's as smooth as glass. A small section on 264 to the venue is a bit rough but everyone will survive. It's a bit over exaggerated. I drive 30 miles a day over what everyone will be coming in on and I haven't bent a rim yet. (knock on wood)
For me, the only place I bent my front rims was when I was taking the Chesapeake bay bridge way that gets you onto Northhampton. Like Joe said, and I concur, 64 isn't too bad. 264 right where you near Norfolk State University is where the road can be a little rough.
Old 05-10-11, 07:51 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by revtekgs
You guys are killin me..no more talk of the roads!

Just thought of this but beerfest is close by..plan b?
Woohoo! Sounds like a good planb!
Old 05-11-11, 09:08 AM
sweetlex
Driver School Candidate

being new to the chesapeake and virginia beach area, i am amazed at how bad the roads are here. the pot hole, cracks, crevaces, and poor road repairs are like a mine field.

for those traveling in, be very careful. some of these holes are 5-6" deep. i just replaced my wheels last week after bending the 2nd one to the point of oblivion. 264 from 64 to VB would be a stretch to stay away from.
Old 05-11-11, 10:46 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do not worry about the roads, no one drives worse than me and I have had no issues there
Old 05-11-11, 11:45 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Seriously are you guys a bunch of babies?! Roll boss status like Smitty. If you have quality rims you WILL NOT have a problem! period. I have the softest rims ever made JP Scaras which can be bent with a wooden dowel rod and a rubber mallet. The only reason I got a bend in it was during a time when the were repaving the road and didnt see the transition from unpaved to paved. The choice was to hit it at speed or stop and get rear ended. I chose the former and got a slight bend. Other than that Im not a careful driver and I hit a majority of bumps no problems an Im here daily slammed and stretched.
Old 05-11-11, 12:15 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why this is being blown out of proportion. DMV roads are worse than VB and most of us here drive daily in that area. If anyone should be worried about roads, it should be the Liberty guys or anyone rolling from NY/NJ/PA. Any area that sees a lot of snow is gonna have messed up roads w/holes and VB isn't one of them.
Old 05-11-11, 12:16 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by revtekgs
Not sure why this is being blown out of proportion. DMV roads are worse than VB and most of us here drive daily in that area. If anyone should be worried about roads, it should be the Liberty guys or anyone rolling from NY/NJ/PA. Any area that sees a lot of snow is gonna have messed up roads w/holes and VB isn't one of them.
THANK YOU, well said.
Old 05-11-11, 01:16 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

only 2 more days till the big day!
Old 05-11-11, 02:19 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe is there a do it yourself car wash close to the show that you know of?
Old 05-11-11, 02:35 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Joe, does the carspa place off of Northhampton Blvd that just opened up have self service?
Old 05-11-11, 02:42 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Chancellor
Joe is there a do it yourself car wash close to the show that you know of?

this is the only one that i know of enroute to the show.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bi...ed=0CBoQnwIwAQ

road is relatively safe (since we have a bunch of people over exaggerating roads) and its a direct shot off the highway and then back on.

What time are you and your crew planning on coming into town Chance?

Originally Posted by ebb100z
Joe, does the carspa place off of Northhampton Blvd that just opened up have self service?
I dont know of this place if its anything like the carspa on holland road its an automated one that they run your car through and have people dry it off. Are you coming down on friday or saturday? People that are coming down Friday are getting together and washing cars at Freedom Wash in Chesapeake.
Old 05-11-11, 03:13 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
this is the only one that i know of enroute to the show.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bi...ed=0CBoQnwIwAQ

road is relatively safe (since we have a bunch of people over exaggerating roads) and its a direct shot off the highway and then back on.

What time are you and your crew planning on coming into town Chance?

I dont know of this place if its anything like the carspa on holland road its an automated one that they run your car through and have people dry it off. Are you coming down on friday or saturday? People that are coming down Friday are getting together and washing cars at Freedom Wash in Chesapeake.
I'll be there Friday. I'll PM you my cell info. I wont get there until noon but then have to work remotely up until 6pm. I can for sure meet up for the wash if we are all meeting in the evening.

Quick Reply: Sumospeed Springfest 2011