NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Springfest Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-11, 09:00 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springfest Setup

Ok I have been discussing this with ISO and Ryan.

Since we are planning to bring a significant presences of NELOC, ISO, Liberty VIP and High-Grade to this show this year. Sumospeed has given us a dedicated area to set up. I will be going to the event area this Wednesday night to to measure out the exact space. Trust me it will be alot this year and we will not be cramped up.

This brings me up to the tent setup I have been considering and talked with ISO about it. I will be approaching Liberty and High-grade if they want in on it also to chip in on it.

We have a total of three 10x20 tents. One is my personal tent which I paid $300-$400 and the other two are from ISO.

We are planning on connecting them end to end giving us a total of 10x60 feet of covered area for us to hang out in.

We are group(s) that showcase luxury vehicles and I was hoping to up the image of how we present our area.

I would like to try to get our tents to look some what like these minus the tvs.

I have found a local company where we can rent furniture from.

http://www.distinctiveeventrentals.c...nalOptions.pdf

the set up would be option 8 for the end tents and option 1 for the center tent.

this layout will allow 24 people minimum to rest comfortably under the tents while giving a more uniform and luxurious look to our area.

I hope we would have more than 24 people coming to the show but i doubt everyone would be in the tents at the same time.

If anyone is interested in doing this please let me know. I will not discuss the pricing of something like this unless we have enough interest in it to spread the the finances around to make it easy on everyone.

ISO and I could take care of it but I would expect that if people were to enjoy the comforts of this they would be willing to chip in on it. Those that were here enjoyed their time in my neck of the woods and this year will only get better. I am hoping to make this event more and more enjoyable for everyone as each year passes by.

Thanks

Last edited by Ultra Vip; 03-22-11 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-22-11, 04:08 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is a great idea and would definitely be in on something like this. We drive highend cars, we should chill in a highend fashion. For those of you that were not there last year we all ended up hanging out under one tent that was an after thought and most of us got sunburnt like crazy because it was f***ing hot.
Old 03-22-11, 06:15 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

that's great idea...i'll bring my 10x10 just in case tho
Old 03-22-11, 06:32 AM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

yeah, me too.
Old 03-23-11, 11:53 AM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn joe, you going to rope off the "vip" area and need a wrist band to get in? looks like you'll be poppin bottles too =P
Old 03-23-11, 03:20 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

yes i would like us to do it big, but this project may be scrapped or done in a more private scale. interest doesnt seem to be doing well. heck the event is 7 weeks away and we barely have any registration. for carlisle last year we had 6 times as many registration at this time and that show was garbage compared to springfest from what i heard. oh well.
Old 03-24-11, 09:27 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a great idea Joe. You and I are on the same page with this idea.

Does anyone else have any thoughts? We need to hear what you guys think of this and other ideas. Please do not be afraid to voice you opinion. If you dont then the idea of the forum is shot to hell.
Old 03-27-11, 09:00 PM
IS729
Pole Position

this would be pretty dope, definitely a great idea for when you're tired of walking around and want to chill for a little while and a nice way to get out of the sun
Old 04-11-11, 05:53 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

This project has been scrapped due to lack of interest. It's has turned into a do your own thing to chill at.
Old 04-12-11, 06:11 PM
Sumospeed
Driver School Candidate

I better see some banners ladies