NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

2 IS Modding Weekend/Meet-Up in MD/DC/NoVa Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-11, 07:16 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Calvin try driving 15-20mph with ur windows down and see if u hear anything
I have, haven't heard anything. If you think about it, there are a very limited number of things that could be wrong if it's the sway bar:

1) Bushing brackets have come off/loose, and the bar is bumping the underside of the car

2) The endlink nuts have come loose, and the ends of the bar are knocking around

3) The endlinks are loose and knocking around inside the control arm

Those are the only 3 things we touched during the whole install. Long as you peek underneath and verify all those connections are solid, that should rule out the sway bar. I'm going to double check tomorrow underneath since it was rainy today, and I'll let you know if I see anything, but I'm not having clunking at the moment. Let me know if you find anything.

sick - What are your plans this weekend? Were you going to do some stuff Sunday and if so, what? I just got my HID foglight kit today, but I'm not sure I want to do the install yet because next week I'll be receiving new HID low bulbs and LED parking lights, so I might just wait until those come in and do a big install next weekend. Would you be interested in watching the install of the fogs and seeing how everything turns out?

And skinfan - I can't speak to '09 IS250s specifically, maybe there's an issue I don't know about, but I've gotten tint on 3 previous cars with rear defrosters and never had issues.
Old 04-08-11, 07:42 PM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calvin, I plan on changing the oil on the WRX, and misc thing with the IS like touch up paint, buffing, interior cleaning just little stuff like that.

I definitely want to watch and can give you a hand on the fog install. If you want to meet up next week or whenever your free is good with me. What low beam bulbs did you end up getting? I thought you installed your led parking lights already? Did you get something else?
Old 04-08-11, 07:45 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

^I was still up for joining to do my '08 IS 350's brake fluid change and the oil change (or at least an oil filter change). But are more people joining? Or should we all just get together next weekend?

Weather's still looking good for sunday btw - cloudy, 70
Old 04-09-11, 06:42 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by sick
Calvin, I plan on changing the oil on the WRX, and misc thing with the IS like touch up paint, buffing, interior cleaning just little stuff like that.

I definitely want to watch and can give you a hand on the fog install. If you want to meet up next week or whenever your free is good with me. What low beam bulbs did you end up getting? I thought you installed your led parking lights already? Did you get something else?
I originally bought VLEDs 6000K parking lights but I installed them and they were too blue. I decided to go with 5000K then, but in order to get everything to match I wanted 5000K low beams too. These were very difficult to find, very few places sell 5000K bulbs, they're either the stock 4300K or the blue 6000Ks. I contacted XenonDepot and they just came out with 5000K bulbs and so I got those, along with their parking lights so they should match.

On a side note, anyone want to buy the VLED 6000K parking lights from me for $10?

What do you guys think about meeting up next weekend? I'll have the HID fog kit, parking lights, low beams, and red outs to install.
Old 04-09-11, 07:27 AM
skinfan2k
Rookie

where are you guys located in MD? if i bought some simple stuff, would people help me install? i am an idiot when it comes to cars lol
Old 04-09-11, 07:53 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Calvin, next weekend sounds good.

Skinfan, I'm in Pasadena, right near Marley Station Mall. What mods are you planning on doing? We should be able to help with simple stuff.
Old 04-09-11, 09:38 AM
skinfan2k
Rookie

ok I am in bowie and work near arundel mills. i was planning to get exhaust tips and a roof spoiler, sunroof shade too
Old 04-09-11, 12:25 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by skinfan2k
ok I am in bowie and work near arundel mills. i was planning to get exhaust tips and a roof spoiler, sunroof shade too
I don't know much about installing those things but they're all basically bolt on parts, so we'll be able to figure it out, plus I'd be interested to see how they get installed.
Old 04-11-11, 05:05 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

I mentioned a few posts ago that I would share the threads I found on changing the brake fluid:
Here are the 3 I have bookmarked:

Main one: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...uid-flush.html

Solo bleeders discussion: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...o-bleeder.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post6298599 (specifically a link to my post because the entire thread is around the 30k service, I focused on the brake fluid part)

If we're getting together this weekend, the brake fluid and the oil change I mentioned (will post on that too later) are what I'm going to be working on
Old 04-15-11, 09:55 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Hey guys, how's a get together looking for this weekend?
Old 04-15-11, 10:59 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

I'm good, who's all coming?
Old 04-15-11, 01:15 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

^ sunday right? Pasadena?
Old 04-15-11, 01:52 PM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Yup, soon as we confirm we're going meet up this Sunday, i'll pm eveyone my address.

Calvin and skinfan are you guys coming this weekend?
Old 04-17-11, 07:37 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Hey everyone, sorry for the late response - for some reason I'm no longer getting notified of replies to this thread. I'm not able to make it today unfortunately. I'm due for my 60k service sometime soon so I think I'm just going to wait to do my low beams and fogs until afterward. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread though and will likely propose a meet-up some weekend soon after Easter if anyone's interested.
Old 04-17-11, 08:19 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

I think I can push a few weekends. let's meet up then?

Quick Reply: 2 IS Modding Weekend/Meet-Up in MD/DC/NoVa Area?