NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

2 IS Modding Weekend/Meet-Up in MD/DC/NoVa Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 07:44 PM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on 9
Old 04-02-11, 07:50 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

ill try to be there at 9 also, might be there 15-20 mins late depends on traffic.

Sick, i read some stuff and some people recommend rolling but then u have problems with paint shipping off. then some people say to shave with a dremel which is alot easier.

Im confused
Old 04-02-11, 08:00 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sick
I'll be there too, its a little early but it'll be worth it. Its about a hour and half drive for me.

Bigra, i'll bring my fender roller. I found something at home depot that should work.

Shahryar, I dont see anything wrong with doing maintenance related stuff, its actually a good thing although i might not be much help. I'm sure we can figure things out tho.
Cool, I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next time you guys meet up
Old 04-02-11, 08:01 PM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Big, exactly that's where i got confused too. I think it depends on how much clearance you need and i guess preference.. I'll bring it anyways just incase and we'll go from there.
Old 04-02-11, 08:09 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sick
Big, exactly that's where i got confused too. I think it depends on how much clearance you need and i guess preference.. I'll bring it anyways just incase and we'll go from there.
yea, i guess we will decide tomorrow. IF the shop has a dremel then i guess i can dremel it then, then heat gun the liner
Old 04-02-11, 08:10 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

im not too low, but i want to be relax knowing nothing bad will happen later. I get paranoid at times
Old 04-02-11, 10:05 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Timing belt replacement? What mileage are you at?

As far as time, I'm getting there at 9 am because that's when they open, and they get pretty busy on weekends so it's the best time to go. But I'm hoping to get my sway bar install done early and then can hang out and hopefully meet more of you guys as you arrive.
106k miles. This guy is doing it for 650. What do you guys think? Btw, i have a set of 18x8 BBS RX for sale 1000 bucks or trade with 17 oem plus cash. If any one interested let me know. Wheels have no crub, bent...
Attached Thumbnails 2 IS Modding Weekend/Meet-Up in MD/DC/NoVa Area?-bbs3.jpg  
Old 04-02-11, 10:37 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Oh man! I wont be able to make this. I have to head to NYC first thing in the morning to take care of some family business stuff. Hopefully, there will be another 2IS DIY meet.

Have fun fellow 2ISrs!
Old 04-04-11, 09:46 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So sick and Bigrahizzl, how'd the install go on sick's car? Sorry I had to bail; I hadn't budgeted for 2 hours per car haha.

That was a huge pain in the ***, but it was definitely worth it. I noticed the difference immediately. I commute 20 miles to work every day along the same highway that has some fairly sharp turns, and so I noticed the reduced body roll immediately. The turn in response is sharper, and the car stays much flatter through turns.

Honestly I don't know why the car doesn't come from the factory like this. There are no downsides whatsoever to this mod that I can think of. My ride quality was in no way diminished, and parts + install (+ some blood and sweat) was only $200. It's a bit ridiculous that Lexus sells the IS without these sways, because then reviewers drive the car, compare it to a 3-Series or Audi and deem the Lexus to have poor steering response, too much body roll, etc.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this mod. What do you guys think? And what mods are left for you guys? I'm definitely down for another meet in the future.
Old 04-04-11, 10:20 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

^^^^^ Calvin

LOL can u believe we took those bolts of the endlinks!!!!!!!! it was soooo easy. I guess cuz sicks car was alot newer. But yea it was pretty easy it wouldve been a 30 min job but we had another issue that we had to face but it was too bad. THe brackets the held the stock sway bar was totally different and when we took it off the bracket was a two piece, a top and bottom. The bushing was melted to the bracket and it was kinda of a pain to take the brackets off the sway but we got. Then we put the new sway bar in place bolted up the sway with the endlinks to required torque and we were set.

As for feeling a difference, i only felt a little only cuz my coils are also playing a huge part in this.

Damn, but after we chilled and took some pcis.

Old 04-04-11, 10:33 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Calvin, No worries. My install was a breeze compared to yours and Bigra's. The point where your guys bolt was stuck at the end link, mine just came off with no problem. We had a little issue with the stock bushing, but nothing major.

I didn't notice the difference at first, but i went on some back roads i noticed it right away. It was definitely worth it and a good learning experience.

I might have to do fender mods next after i'm lowered and get new wheels. I still want see your hid fog kit installed first before ordering.

It was nice meeting you guys and i'm ready to meet on any Sundays again.
Old 04-04-11, 11:10 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Glad to hear this went through. If you guys get together again, next weekened, weekend after etc I'd love to come down for doing the maintenance stuff I mentioned earlier. I may be ordering my new summer tires this week but I'm pretty sure for something like that I'd have to get done by mounters right - we wouldn't haev anyone with us (or equipment even) who's done it himself?
Old 04-04-11, 02:57 PM
skinfan2k
Rookie

do any of you know where to get tints in MD? particular the DMV area? like PG county?
Old 04-05-11, 07:15 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

^ I had been looking for a while but never really found anyone who could refer a place around the area (I live in Laurel, work in suitland).

I had gone through this once http://my.is/forums/f111/mid-atlanti...ources-176331/ and have posted in it myself but I Don't recall seeing anything that stood out.

As of right now, I think I'm just going to have IAG do it next time along with my alignment probably later in the summer. I'm not sure though
Old 04-05-11, 03:46 PM
skinfan2k
Rookie

ok good deal i want to get tints in before the summer really kicks in!

Quick Reply: 2 IS Modding Weekend/Meet-Up in MD/DC/NoVa Area?