NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Would like some local input,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-11, 11:55 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Would like some local input,,,,,

Hey guys,, I am gonna attempt to bring back something that we haven't done in a few years now, but I think it may be just the spark that we need to, once again, get the locality jumping. I would like to bring back the ROUNDTABLE MEET. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is a meet where we get together, no so much to show off the cars, but to see what ideas that YOU GUYS have as far as meets, car shows, etc. which may be on the boards and to help get things organized. One of the prime philosophies that NELOC (south) has been founded on is that family (OF COURSE) comes first so if you are unable to attend, it is all good, just toss your suggestion here or pm me. Our long standing motto has been "Neloc,,you may come for the cars,,,, but you stay for the people."

Anyway, I wanted to get this kicked off last weekend (3/26) but the BBQ plans beat me to the boards and that has always been a phenominal success. I would like to set something up in April/May, but I am only able to do so on the weekends with the type of work I do (trucker,,,hence the screnname). Right now, am trying to get a concensus of what weekend date might work for the majority and I can go from there. Most likely I will set it up around the Arundel Mills area, as we have done so in the past, since it is pretty convenient to get to for just about all of our local member areas. Chime in, and give me an idea of what weekend would most likely work. I will then comprise a poll to this thread, based on the top 3 responses, and we can vote. For OBVIOUS reasons (BBQ was rescheduled to then) APRIL 2 will not be one of the options. That event is/will be the welcome, comeout and put name to face meet etc. and I don't want to overrun it with "official" neloc business. All who chose to attend this meet are more than welcome. As stated beforehand, date/time and location will be posted once I have a better idea of what works.
Old 03-28-11, 12:01 PM
trickedout
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm available most weekends. I'm going to be heading out to Miami around July 1st. Gonna drive the Lexus down there and will probably be back around the 8th or sometime around there depending on how much fun I have. other than that, I'm free and in, just let me know.
Old 03-28-11, 12:06 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Cool,, really don't like to push meets of this particular caliber (organization for the season) to that far INTO the season. This will DEF be before JULY. Will be posted here in these forums. Just keep an eye peeled.
Old 03-28-11, 12:31 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trukn - put me down as an interested party!
Old 03-28-11, 02:07 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Please try to do it before may 14th to spark up interest in springfest that Ryan and I have been working hard on. (no homo). I will not be able to attend a round table meet since it's to far for me and I will either be busy with my daughter, work or promoting springfest. To break away. Ryan is close to you guys and has been in touch with me frequently to convey our plans for the season.
Old 03-28-11, 08:12 PM
Derrick42
Pole Position

I'm down if I'm off work
Old 03-29-11, 02:24 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have too many weekends free since I am in the process of buying/selling my house. But I'd be happy to send some ideas if I can't make it in person.
Old 03-29-11, 02:43 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Appreciate the input so far peeps. Date suggestions would be a bigger help. Trying to work something in that will work for most of our locals involved, as well as coordinate my own schedule.
Old 03-30-11, 08:24 AM
trickedout
Rookie

Around the end of May or the beginning of June would be a good time I suppose. People who have family's will have a bit more free time since their kids will be out of school, and they can maybe make a little vacation out of the trip to the meeting in Anne Arundel Mills instead of making the trip solely for the group. There are some attractions in the DMV, and there is actually a pretty new and modern hotel near there called the aloft that I have stayed at a few times before It's a really nice place if you like an upbeat place.
Old 03-30-11, 10:39 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in, I think I can drag my old azz out.