NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

UMD Attendance Thread--UPDATE<<<<CANCELLED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 10:09 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,

can you bring me one black/one white NELOC decals for me please? thanks!
Old 04-29-11, 11:27 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah bring neloc decals please...i'll buy a few also
Old 04-29-11, 03:51 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This meet has been cancelled due to issues revolving around the inept people working at FedEx Field.

Here is the email I recieved from CPT

I am sad to inform everyone that the CPT Spring Car show that would have been Sunday May 1st
is going to have to be canceled. It makes me sick to have to do this but it must be done.
At the last minute (Thursday) Fedex informed me they finally read the documents UMD sent
them 2 weeks ago and that we did not have enough insurance coverage for this event. I said
ok, I will appeal to UMD and then contact Fedex back. I appealed to UMD and they said they
would not raise the coverage since this event is off campus. I tried contacting the person I
was working with to try and buy insurance through Fedex but she never responded or picked up
or picked up her phone. I tried contacting other people at Fedex and they didn't
respond/pick up either. I drove over to Fedex and everyone important was away at the NFL
draft. It really kills me to have to cancel what could have been the largest car meet on the
east coast with some of the best car people around. So please do not show up to Fedex Field
May 1st and I only hope that everyone can forgive us and come out to our future events in
order to help feed the less fortunate through Martha's Table.

PS- All sponsors who paid for spaces will have there money refunded to them.

Apologies,
College Park Tuning
Old 04-29-11, 04:10 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Let's Make It a NELOC event....

My vote: Let's just turn this into an official NELOC meet. It supposed to be beautiful on Sunday. Why waste the cancellation with such beautiful weather on tap?

I say we gather up all video cameras and fancy DSLR cameras, move the meet-up time to 11am , pick a central meeting place (the same Chick Fil-A could work)...and gather amongst ourselves. We'd take some pix for about an hour, re-connecting with each other....and NELOC stickers can be passed out to the faithful.

Then, we jump in our cars, and cruise someplace scenic, terrorizing the highways, not by speeding, but by doing 50 mph in the slow lanes, side-by-side, as we capture as much 'rolling shot' footage of our cars as we can with the video cams.

Then, we arrive at some scenic destination (National Harbor? Annapolis? wherever), and take even more pix with some cool backdrop behind us.

That's what NELOC is about. We really never needed other meets to gather and have fun in the past. And if you've never been in a long caravan of Lexuses, you're missing one of the best reasons to be a part of NELOC in the first place.

I'm still a little "iffy" whether I can make it , but I think this would be a fun way to spend a few hours on Sunday with some NELOCers.

Anyone down?
Old 04-29-11, 04:52 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KevinGS
My vote: Let's just turn this into an official NELOC meet. It supposed to be beautiful on Sunday. Why waste the cancellation with such beautiful weather on tap?

I say we gather up all video cameras and fancy DSLR cameras, move the meet-up time to 11am , pick a central meeting place (the same Chick Fil-A could work)...and gather amongst ourselves. We'd take some pix for about an hour, re-connecting with each other....and NELOC stickers can be passed out to the faithful.

Then, we jump in our cars, and cruise someplace scenic, terrorizing the highways, not by speeding, but by doing 50 mph in the slow lanes, side-by-side, as we capture as much 'rolling shot' footage of our cars as we can with the video cams.

Then, we arrive at some scenic destination (National Harbor? Annapolis? wherever), and take even more pix with some cool backdrop behind us.

That's what NELOC is about. We really never needed other meets to gather and have fun in the past. And if you've never been in a long caravan of Lexuses, you're missing one of the best reasons to be a part of NELOC in the first place.

I'm still a little "iffy" whether I can make it , but I think this would be a fun way to spend a few hours on Sunday with some NELOCers.

Anyone down?
I completely agree with this. When I received the email, I was upset that I wouldn't be able to meet my fellow NELOC members, butthen I thought about trying to make it just a NELOC meet. So what do you guys say? I'm down. I will start another ideas thread.
Old 04-29-11, 04:58 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Check this thread for ideas if your willing to come!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...ease-read.html
Old 04-29-11, 05:30 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Sup guys just got official word from college park tuning. The meet is canceled due to lack of liability. So there is a BBQ going on at occaquan park in lorton Virginia. Starting at 10am to 6pm this Sunday.

Occoquan Regional Park
Place page
9751 Ox Rd
Lorton, VA 22079-3435
(703) 690-2121
Get directions*-*Is this accurate?
4*reviews
Old 04-29-11, 05:37 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

damn i detailed my car and everything for this. Keep us posted on what going on this sunday. I like kevinGS's idea.

Occoquan meet sounds good too but im liking the cam stuff kevin is talking about
Old 04-29-11, 07:52 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Ryan, Why not try to convince the UMD just to hold it at their park lot like in the past.
Old 04-29-11, 07:59 PM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

BBQ Occoquan Regional Park everyone come......
Old 04-29-11, 08:00 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Originally Posted by horent135
Ryan, Why not try to convince the UMD just to hold it at their park lot like in the past.
it's getting too big for them to handle on campus i believe, i know that was a concern last year.
Old 04-29-11, 08:08 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS729
it's getting too big for them to handle on campus i believe, i know that was a concern last year.
True, but at least it will help die down hundreds of angry people who were planning come to fedex field.

It better than nothing. I just hope they can resolve or something instead of leaving people hanging.

I know the BBQ Occoquan Regional Park will not hold hundreds of cars, their parking space is limited.
Old 04-30-11, 10:40 AM
JDMSoarer5
Rookie

So is everybody still going to meet at the Chick fil-a..... If you im down with whateva everybody decides to do
Old 04-30-11, 06:31 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS729
Sup guys just got official word from college park tuning. The meet is canceled due to lack of liability. So there is a BBQ going on at occaquan park in lorton Virginia. Starting at 10am to 6pm this Sunday.

Occoquan Regional Park
Place page
9751 Ox Rd
Lorton, VA 22079-3435
(703) 690-2121
Get directions*-*Is this accurate?
4*reviews
over 170+ confirmed YES from facebook event..so good luck..and I'm not going anymore
Old 04-30-11, 08:23 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be at the Occoquan meet tomorrow. It's minutes away from my house