NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Missing the Fam

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-11, 07:55 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing the Fam

Whatsup NELOC. I wanted to check in with everyone and see how things are going as well as update you on my situation.

I've definitely missed all of you guys. As I've said to several of you individually, the scene here is nothing close to NELOC and what we've done in the past. Everything is more word of mouth and disorganized. There's not much leadership amongst the crews, and clubs nor is there any indication that they want to be organized. There are a lot of really nice cars out here and from time to time we are able to put together some rather large meets, and its at these meets where I feel something is missing and that's the NELOC factor.

At 26 I'm one of the older enthusiast that comes out to most of the smaller local stuff. But even the guys that are only 3 years younger carry themselves as juveniles most of the time. It makes me feel like I'm too old for this s*** sometimes, and only makes what I had with you guys that much more memorable and special. I loved how we as a whole/majority would organize, rise to, and own every event we attended. It didn't matter if it was Carlisle, or a local meet, because on lookers definitely took notice, competition couldn't compete, and respect was earned where ever it was due.

I read the NELOC forum still but rarely comment now. I do hope and pray that this newer class of NELOC members and NELOC hopefuls is fully aware of the foundation that was laid out for them by those who have proceeded them and continue to build upon it. However some where in there it would great to see a lot of our veteran members return to the group and be more involved. I've definitely still reppin our crew hard even though I'm a few thousand miles away and just want to see things continue to progress.

As for me it's tough maintaining my own enthusiasm for the scene and modding in general without you guys. There was something very motivating and to some levels competitive about our group that was infectious. But I just don't have that as much nowadays out here on my own. However I am starting to find my way again. I've been stockpiling over the winter and have some new goodies but the most important one are these.

Picked up my new wheels today from VR Wheels. I love these things. They've been one of my top 5 all time wheels.

I'm switching from 19s to 18s.

18x8.5+32 Front
18x10+28 Rear

Yes I will space out the fronts about 10mm.

I'll also be putting together a descriptive write up on VR Wheels since there is so much speculation and many documented bad experiences in dealing with them. So if you've thought of purchasing wheels from there be on the lookout for this.

All in all my wheels are what they were advertised to be. The center caps need some real elbow grease along with the inside of the barrels. But they're in great shape. 9/10 But they won't be going on until I sell my AMEs some if anyone needs wheels check mine out in the F/S Forum.
Old 04-24-11, 07:26 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back Apex! Definitely can't wait to see what you're going to be doing this year :]
Old 04-24-11, 08:40 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I definitely know what you are talking about. I have not had the same experience with the car scene since moving back to Pittsburgh. Each show/event I attend is much more important because there are so very few of them. As for the competition thing I miss that too even though you always seemed to leas the pack. There have been some special friendships that have been made using NELOC as an avenue and memories too. I too will always remember the times we had while trying to make many more while I can. I still am planning on coming out to Vegas sometime soon. Miss the good old days buddy.
Old 04-24-11, 05:38 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys got to stop moving away....haha

The DMV / NELOC is still going strong. There are a good bit of members at every meet and show I go too. There are also more new members now which keeps the club moving forward. Also Bernie has been doing a great job organizing events so that everyone is aware of whats coming up next.

Dont ever lose the spark that keeps you modding Leroy, cars are in your blood. Nice wheels homie...

Last edited by Chancellor; 04-24-11 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-24-11, 08:31 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UncleRay
Welcome back Apex! Definitely can't wait to see what you're going to be doing this year :]
Thanks man

Originally Posted by BernieIS
I definitely know what you are talking about. I have not had the same experience with the car scene since moving back to Pittsburgh. Each show/event I attend is much more important because there are so very few of them. As for the competition thing I miss that too even though you always seemed to leas the pack. There have been some special friendships that have been made using NELOC as an avenue and memories too. I too will always remember the times we had while trying to make many more while I can. I still am planning on coming out to Vegas sometime soon. Miss the good old days buddy.
Trust me Ryan, ALL of you guys made the scene fun. The friendships I made with all of you are lasting and I'm so thankful we've remained in contact since I left. Leading this crew was fun for the time I was home, but you're doing a great job especially considering how far you are from the majority. Definitely come out. We'll do it up. Monteece and I have been talking about moving home. The only thing holding us both back is the fact we have really good jobs in our fields. If it wasn't for that we'd be home. Never know we could be back sooner than you think, and the good old days pick up where they left off

Originally Posted by Chancellor
You guys got to stop moving away....haha

The DMV / NELOC is still going strong. There are a good bit of members at every meet and show I go too. There are also more new members now which keeps the club moving forward. Also Bernie has been doing a great job organizing events so that everyone is aware of whats coming up next.

Dont ever lose the spark that keeps you modding Leroy, cars are in your blood. Nice wheels homie...
Haha yeah broski a lot of us moved.

I'm trying to get the bug again. Thats why I have the wheels, and several other parts laying around waiting to go on.
Old 04-25-11, 10:08 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

VR Wheels has nice stuff you just have to jump on it quick. I missed out on a set like yours but 18x11.5 rear and 18x9.5 front I believe. My mod bug doesn't bite as much anymore for some reason.
Old 04-25-11, 12:45 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cherplex
VR Wheels has nice stuff you just have to jump on it quick. I missed out on a set like yours but 18x11.5 rear and 18x9.5 front I believe. My mod bug doesn't bite as much anymore for some reason.
Hmmm you'd be surprised. Most of the stuff they have (85%) is messed up in some way shape or form. You have to expect to repair or refinish whatever you get. The lips are usually repaired or replaced on their 3pc wheels, but the face are as is unless you pay more for refinishing. I saw the Equips you're talking about. They were still there when I picked up mine but had a sold sign on them.
Old 04-25-11, 07:29 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

just come home son!
Old 04-25-11, 07:42 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^LOL :'(

Real /G\'s move in silence like Lasagna. My Brothers Keeper /G\
Old 04-27-11, 10:35 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
How bout you come visit
Old 04-30-11, 04:56 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Not the best picks but its what I got for the moment.

Old 04-30-11, 07:27 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, Apex, we miss you, man. Car is still looking sweet.
Old 04-30-11, 07:51 PM
Nomar1245
Driver School Candidate

The car looks great man. My brother has always had good things to say about you and your car.
Old 04-30-11, 09:17 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Damn, Apex, we miss you, man. Car is still looking sweet.
Hey Kev. I haven't heard from you in forever bro. Hope all is well. Damn I miss you guys. Mrs Apex and I talk about the good old days a lot. We hope to visit soon.

Originally Posted by Nomar1245
The car looks great man. My brother has always had good things to say about you and your car.
Thanks a lot. Who's your brother?
Old 05-01-11, 06:49 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apex84
Thanks a lot. Who's your brother?
I am his brother

Quick Reply: Missing the Fam