NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

GTE Engine Installer Recommendation - NoVa

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 12:58 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default GTE Engine Installer Recommendation - NoVa

I'm looking to purchase a 1JZGTE engine and have it installed next month. I've contacted www.japaneseengineimport.com in Sterling, VA for the engine and need someone with experience who can swap turbo toyota motors and trouble shoot the wiring. I also need the work done in less than a week as I'm planning on using a rental car during this period. If you know a good installation shop in our area please PM me.
Old 04-29-11, 03:52 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember if you go this route with any JDM engines, you goin to have to do emissions. Don't forget that factor. Unless you got a special person.
Old 04-29-11, 03:53 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I'm looking to purchase a 1JZGTE engine and have it installed next month. I've contacted www.japaneseengineimport.com in Sterling, VA for the engine and need someone with experience who can swap turbo toyota motors and trouble shoot the wiring. I also need the work done in less than a week as I'm planning on using a rental car during this period. If you know a good installation shop in our area please PM me.
Call me Shane, I think I can help you.
Old 04-29-11, 07:33 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

FE in Gambrills can do it also hit up Omar on here he's local and can help.
Old 04-29-11, 08:32 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by horent135
Remember if you go this route with any JDM engines, you goin to have to do emissions. Don't forget that factor. Unless you got a special person.
What makes the USDM and JDM motors so different when it comes to emissions out of curiosity? I really need a legit motor that will have little issues even at inspection time. I'm good until March 2012 but plan to have this vehicle a lot longer.

Thanks for the info Cherplex. I keep bailing on Omar. It's just never the right time for me. My ideal situation is to simply drop off my car and have it done and turn key ready in one week while I rent a car. I work 6 days a week and on Sundays I'm expected to spend time with family and the woman. I got a pass this weekend with UMD though
Old 04-29-11, 08:45 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tabaka
What makes the USDM and JDM motors so different when it comes to emissions out of curiosity? I really need a legit motor that will have little issues even at inspection time. I'm good until March 2012 but plan to have this vehicle a lot longer.

Thanks for the info Cherplex. I keep bailing on Omar. It's just never the right time for me. My ideal situation is to simply drop off my car and have it done and turn key ready in one week while I rent a car. I work 6 days a week and on Sundays I'm expected to spend time with family and the woman. I got a pass this weekend with UMD though
I'm not expert in emission, your obd1, it is easier for you to pass as long it pass on a roller and smog as long you got a simple guy. Emission requires EGR (i think) and JDM motors does not come with EGR. Just heard EGR makes everything worst for the motor, but US requires them.
FYI UMD got cancel so we need to look for backup!
Old 05-02-11, 03:46 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Still looking for a swap installer. If anyone knows a garage that can handle a 1jz swap please let me know. I'm getting discouraged but still want to keep hope. I've got the ca$h and ready to roll
Old 05-02-11, 04:39 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either Omar or FE in Crofton, MD.
Old 05-02-11, 07:58 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

dude a week is honestly pushing it, i think youre getting yourself into something you dont want to be a part of(6 day thing is what i mean) You can always run into complications, especially with a swap of anykind. I think you really need to get a beater for a few grand. Its hard to depend on a 15+ year old car day in and day out, omar knows his **** though and def can help you out. Good luck!
Old 05-02-11, 09:27 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 05-03-11, 10:30 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MDSC
dude a week is honestly pushing it, i think youre getting yourself into something you dont want to be a part of(6 day thing is what i mean) You can always run into complications, especially with a swap of anykind. I think you really need to get a beater for a few grand. Its hard to depend on a 15+ year old car day in and day out, omar knows his **** though and def can help you out. Good luck!
I hear what you're saying. I'm on the look out for a cheap focus or something.