NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

UMD Meet Cancelled! NELOC Let's have a back-up meet. Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 04:57 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMD Meet Cancelled! NELOC Let's have a back-up meet. Please Read!

So as Ryan posted on the Attendance thread, the UMD meet has been cancelled. There were insurance issues with UMD and they wouldn't raise the coverage and nothing could get worked out with FedEx because of the NFL Draft and everyone being away. But we had so many people attending this meet, that I would hate to see it cancelled. So why not just make it a NELOC meet? We can meet in the same place, or somewhere similar and maybe cruise after. We could meet up at a park with the tents and grills and just have a good time. Please let me know if you guys would be interested in this and throw out any ideas you have. I know I personally set aside my Sunday for NELOC, and I'm still ready to keep it that way. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-29-11, 04:59 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Here is KevinGS' idea:

"I say we gather up all video cameras and fancy DSLR cameras, move the meet-up time to 11am , pick a central meeting place (the same Chick Fil-A could work)...and gather amongst ourselves. We'd take some pix for about an hour, re-connecting with each other....and NELOC stickers can be passed out to the faithful.

Then, we jump in our cars, and cruise someplace scenic, terrorizing the highways, not by speeding, but by doing 50 mph in the slow lanes, side-by-side, as we capture as much 'rolling shot' footage of our cars as we can with the video cams.

Then, we arrive at some scenic destination (National Harbor? Annapolis? wherever), and take even more pix with some cool backdrop behind us.

That's what NELOC is about. We really never needed other meets to gather and have fun in the past. And if you've never been in a long caravan of Lexuses, you're missing one of the best reasons to be a part of NELOC in the first place."
Old 04-29-11, 06:15 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am down,, btw I live in annapolis and know some cool spots for good backdrops and what not. Is it possible to still meet at fedex or will it not be all locked up??
Old 04-29-11, 07:12 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Elite in Laurel has a meet along with FE in Gambrills we can um "cruise" to those shops.
Old 04-29-11, 07:21 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

So elite or fe huh?
Old 04-29-11, 07:30 PM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

I'm down for whatever BBQ, cruise, meet, makes no difference to me, my Sunday is completely open.
Old 04-29-11, 11:27 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

i guess ill be at the occoquan regional park for the BBQ
Old 04-29-11, 11:36 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
So elite or fe huh?
FE is my boys shop you met me at where I showed you the Cressida, and 240 with the 2JZ swaps there is also a closed down Walmart right in Glen Burnie of Crain Hwy bussiness rt 3 there is a huge parking lot and noone to disturb. Just a thought its not too far from FE, or elite both of their lots are kinda small. there is also a car show in Mayo at mayo beach on sat mostly old scchool but there will be imports there too.
Old 04-30-11, 05:08 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i'm down for whatever, just let me know what you guys are doing and where you going to meet.
Old 04-30-11, 05:38 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
FE is my boys shop you met me at where I showed you the Cressida, and 240 with the 2JZ swaps there is also a closed down Walmart right in Glen Burnie of Crain Hwy bussiness rt 3 there is a huge parking lot and noone to disturb. Just a thought its not too far from FE, or elite both of their lots are kinda small. there is also a car show in Mayo at mayo beach on sat mostly old scchool but there will be imports there too.
yeah i remember FE,, mayo beach sounds nice too if we could get enough neloc representation that sounds promising..

unfortunately now there are like 5 alternative smaller things going on now.

for example i wouldn't mind the occoquan park idea but its like an hour+ drive for me so if i knew all the neloc fam was going to be there i would surely come through.
Old 04-30-11, 07:27 AM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

I'm down!!! Smitty where you at? I can marinate the chicken today!!!
Old 04-30-11, 07:34 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Summer Import Car Meet BBQ - Sunday 5/1/11 ( R.I.P UMD Meet 2011)
Where:
Occoquan Regional Park
9751 Ox Road
Lorton, VA

When: Sunday 5/1/2011 from 10-6 P.M

This is PLAN B!
Old 04-30-11, 07:42 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe, for us MDers and whoever else wanting to join us from DC/VA/PA, we just meet someplace to gather, and then caravan to 2 or 3 different existing meets. With so many existing meets happening in MD on Sunday, it gives us plenty of reason to "meet-hop". We can drive to Mayo Beach, make an appearance, grab a lil grub, then roll out as a group, go to FE, cruise in, make a grand entrance, stay for a short bit, then leave and head to Elite for our last grand entrance. Or whatever order makes sense.

Those of us with A.D.D. ...we would probably prefer "meet-hopping", especially since these meets are all relatively close together. This gives us plenty of cruise/caravan/"rolling shot" time AND plenty of meet time too, at various venues.

With so much going on in MD, I'm not inclined to drive to Lorton.

But if we're meeting and then most of us decide go to Lorton, I'm down with that too. But I ain't making that hour drive to Lorton unless we're in at least a 15-car caravan. If we ain't makin' a grand NELOC entrance in Lorton, I'll be staying local.

Last edited by KevinGS; 04-30-11 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-30-11, 07:51 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

^ Sound good, can we get a list started. And a good meeting spot.
Old 04-30-11, 09:45 AM
JDMSoarer5
Rookie

Im down with meeting up at Chick Fil-A and then doing the caravan.

Quick Reply: UMD Meet Cancelled! NELOC Let's have a back-up meet. Please Read!