NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NYC: Parking Ticket.. Easily fightable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 09:27 PM
kl323
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default NYC: Parking Ticket.. Easily fightable?

So today.. I got a ticket for "failure to display muni-meter receipt."

Anyway, the spot was totally legal and I also paid the money at a machine. My stub was displayed on the dash as usual, but I received a handwritten ticket that indicated the violation stated above. There were no additional comments made.

It was issued by the "PD." Is it safe to safe that this ticket was written by a police officer and not a traffic officer?

Anyway, I have my muni-meter receipt as evidence that I paid my parking fee. I'll also have evidence from my credit card once the bill generates to prove that it was ME who paid for the spot (along w/ date and time). Also, my receipt was displayed on the dash when I got back to the car. I feel like they're just trying to fill a quota or something (keep in mind, it's the 30th... the last day of the month!!)

Any thoughts? For those wondering, the fine is $65.
Old 04-30-11, 10:31 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

just send it in with your receipt and itll get dropped.
Old 05-04-11, 11:06 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tickets agent do dat cause you have people dat get so pissed about getting the ticket that they throw it out then forget about then here comes the city marshal to tow their car after it passes 350 in judgement the city is the biggest gangsters out there. even if you didnt have the receipt its easy to beat, ive did it you wait for somebody else who has a stub ask them for it when they leave, go to the court show them the receipt explain to them the receipt was there it show the time you had they compare it to the time on the ticket and dismiss that easy, but you have to go to pvb and see a judge to fight it dont trust doing it thru the mail, thats what they hope that you will take your time to answer it or not answer it at all