NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Got Followed Home

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 04:51 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would suck for someone to mess with my car, I would seriously pistol whip someones teeth out of their skull while my dogs chew you up.
Old 05-04-11, 05:15 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane that is just messed up! Certainly, take precautions. I pray that nothing happens to you and your family.
Old 05-04-11, 05:20 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Be careful bro!!!! Park another car behind yours. Good eye!!
Old 05-04-11, 05:38 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to spend 3000 for a set of wheels. I'd just roll on stockers for awhile.
Old 05-04-11, 07:50 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Just wow, be careful man...
Old 05-04-11, 09:36 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is really creepy, I pray that no harm comes to your family or your own personal property. On another note I would like to take a minute to address online safety, since it is relevant to what is going on here.

It should not have to be said, but DO realize that WE ALL take a big chance and part in aiding to make ourselves more vulnerable by posting online pics/stats of our cars. Yes we do so b/c we have pride in our rides but there are some precautions we need to take. When posting pics, PLEASE take a few moments to blur out or block out the license plates so they are unreadable. There are alot of predators out there and you would be surprised at what info you can find by way of a simple tag number. Not to say that you will never be a victim of theft by taking this extra step, but it does make your car a little harder to find by a predator online. It has been a long time since I have read of a fellow members car being stolen/broken in to, but remember the more you make your car stand out, the better the odds. This happened to a former member years ago and he was not so lucky. He had his entire car stolen; however he did get it back less alot of equipment. Just be mindful of your posting habits and take every precaution to lower your odds of becoming a victim. here is the thread for anyone who is interested in what I was referring to,,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...as-stolen.html

***OP,,,sorry for the thread jack. This was just a really ideal time to express safety and security as it relates to the online openness/awareness of our cars ****

Last edited by trukn1; 05-05-11 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-04-11, 09:53 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trukn1
This is really creepy, I pray that no harm comes to your family or your own personal property. On another note I would like to take a minute to address online safety, since it is relevant to what is going on here.

Is should not have to be said, but DO realize that WE ALL take a big chance and part in aiding to make ourselves more vulnerable by posting online pics/stats of our cars. Yes we do so b/c we have pride in our rides but there are some precautions we need to take. When posting pics, PLEASE take a few moments to blur out or block out the license plates so they are unreadable. There are alot of predators out there and you would be surprised at what info you can find by way of a simple tag number. Not to say that you will never be a victim of theft by taking this extra step, but it does make your car a little harder to find by a predator online. It has been a long time since I have read of a fellow members car being stolen/broken in to, but remember the more you make your car stand out, the better the odds. This happened to a former member years ago and he was not so lucky. He had his entire car stolen; however he did get it back less alot of equipment. Just be mindful of your posting habits and take every precaution to lower your odds of becoming a victim. here is the thread for anyone who is interested in what I was referring to,,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...as-stolen.html

***OP,,,sorry for the thread jack. This was just a really ideal time to express safety and security as it relates to the online openness/awareness of our cars ****
x2 We gotta be careful out there.

Tabaka, I know we have not met yet, but I would do anything for a fellow NELOC member. Let me know if you need anything at all. Hopefully nothing comes of this.
Old 05-04-11, 10:25 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+of+state&aq=f
Old 05-04-11, 11:10 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
I have two these loaded with pepperballs protecting my cars. Lol

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/113284/detail/
This would definitely help repel a first attempt. OP I hope they don't tamper w/ your car. If it's feasible just ad insurance coverage it is an option. I think ours is $6 extra a month.