NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Got Followed Home

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-11, 08:08 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got Followed Home

I thought it was just paranoia but I was followed home this evening. I'm assuming they are after my wheels. I didn't notice them at first until I started driving down my street which was probably too late. I passed my house and kept going as my neighborhood is a big circle and they just creeped behind me. The suspect/s were driving a spoilerless lowered black G35 coupe with dark tint and stock wheels. I made a few turns and parked around the other side of my neighborhood. I gave it several minutes and finally went home. I thought I lost them but a short while later I made myself some dinner in the kitchen & looked out the window. The damn car was parked across the street from my house scoping my car out. I went outside to take a look and possibly get a plate number but I guess he/she/they saw me and quickly creeped off.

I want to believe that everyone is honest, but the world has a few characters that weren't raised with the same hard working ethics as some of us. 5x114.3 is a very common bolt pattern and even with unique wheel locks, alarms, etc any thief can get what they want. I guess the only thing I have going for me is that my DH's are chrome which is more unique than you think. I wrote down the serial numbers stamped on each wheel (thanks Work Wheels for your impressive quality). I'm thinking about putting the stockers back on for a while which will probably give me better gas mileage anyways lol. I guess this is just a quick reminder for you guys to watch over your shoulder especially on your way home.
Old 05-03-11, 08:19 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats scary **** man!! try parking another vehicle really close to one side of your car so even if they try they wont beable to get all 4. maybe next put a note on the wheels that says that they are being videotaped lol.

but i really hope nothing happens to your car man

open a window in your bedroom if its near the car so you can hear any sort of noise going on outside..
Old 05-04-11, 01:19 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats not good, hope u have a alarm with a tilt sensor and some wheel locks.
Old 05-04-11, 03:49 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stupid punks. I hope nothing happens to your wheels. Good job confronting them (take a camera next time and let them see you snap a pic!).
Old 05-04-11, 05:20 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

heres what you do, get some blocks and jack your car yourself. let them drive by and see your car sitting on blocks and let them think someone got you first. put your stock wheels on for a month or so then swap them back out.
Old 05-04-11, 05:45 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a driveway i would consider purchasing a security camera that ur pc can record at night incase they show up again. its a chance youll have them on camera if they creep by spotting you again and hopefully catch a plate #. my other neighbor has one of those door sensors hooked up where if something trips it the module inside of his room rings like a doorbell. might sound excessive but just a peace of mind at night.

i have one in my driveway due to the fact my neighborhood is now filled with punks thats love to graffiti peoples walls now (new fad or something). it draws them away the second they see it mounted above my house is the only one that got targeted once, neighbors got hit probably 5-6 times already.
Old 05-04-11, 05:46 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't want to post a lot about my vehicles security but I've taken the best precautions possible. Unfortunately, it isn't garaged but I always park her inches away from the house. They would literally need to pick up this 3600lbs jap sled just to get clearance to one of the sides. She is also parked on a heavy angled grade so they would need to be creative when jacking up the car. I think with all of the complications including my security and clearance, they would probably just give up. I live in a quiet nice suburban neighborhood and I want to believe it's just paranoia, but this G35 definitely didn't fit the equation.
Old 05-04-11, 06:10 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about this. I hope nothing happens to you, your family, or your car.
Old 05-04-11, 06:33 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just get your wheels insured. Im a pretty paranoid person myself, so I have surveillance, pitbulls, and a pistol and a two way pager. Also park about 2 inches from truck on the passenger side I wouldn't t worry to much about it they may have just been highed up admiring your ride!
Old 05-04-11, 06:50 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I thought it was just paranoia but I was followed home this evening. I'm assuming they are after my wheels. I didn't notice them at first until I started driving down my street which was probably too late. I passed my house and kept going as my neighborhood is a big circle and they just creeped behind me. The suspect/s were driving a spoilerless lowered black G35 coupe with dark tint and stock wheels. I made a few turns and parked around the other side of my neighborhood. I gave it several minutes and finally went home. I thought I lost them but a short while later I made myself some dinner in the kitchen & looked out the window. The damn car was parked across the street from my house scoping my car out. I went outside to take a look and possibly get a plate number but I guess he/she/they saw me and quickly creeped off.

I want to believe that everyone is honest, but the world has a few characters that weren't raised with the same hard working ethics as some of us. 5x114.3 is a very common bolt pattern and even with unique wheel locks, alarms, etc any thief can get what they want. I guess the only thing I have going for me is that my DH's are chrome which is more unique than you think. I wrote down the serial numbers stamped on each wheel (thanks Work Wheels for your impressive quality). I'm thinking about putting the stockers back on for a while which will probably give me better gas mileage anyways lol. I guess this is just a quick reminder for you guys to watch over your shoulder especially on your way home.
Maybe they are looking for drugs. Seeing your car is SC and it bling out

On the real side:
Make sure you take pictures of your car, the serial numbers and etc, with the photo being dated and stuff. So this way you have actual evidence in the photo instead of believing your numbers are made-up. Also I get a car cover, that wat I do. Everyone in my neighborhood doesnt know about my car much unless I wash it or repair on it, then I get comments.

Another cheap way is to get those motion sensor lights and have it aim at your car. At least it might scare the thief away or it could help them LOL.
Old 05-04-11, 07:41 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

I have two these loaded with pepperballs protecting my cars. Lol

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/113284/detail/
Old 05-04-11, 08:21 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey tabaka after seeing how low your car is and your street myself (not from the inside of a g35) i think it would be pretty difficult of a job to pull off. they would need a very low profile floor jack for one and if you have wheel locks all they would do is most likely just strip off your lugs in the process.

just see if you insurance covers your rims either auto or home but one of them should then your only out the deductible. my deductible is $100 (i've had a claim or two in the past (past couple days that is)).

all you need is receipts for the insurance portion if they do get you for your wheels.

i've had 2 past vehicles that both got broke into and 1 got wheels took off it. there is not much you can do to protect it other than have insurance if they really want your stuff. 1 night my entire stereo got ganked like a 25 feet from my open window and the car was alarmed and i never heard a thing... insurance had my back though and 6 months later they came back for the stereo but this time the new alarm system actually went off and they fled. both times were in a nice neighborhood in beautiful nova.
Old 05-04-11, 09:03 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a driveway i suggest you do what I did. I have a driveway alert sensor that lets me know whenever someone walks up or drives up in the driveway. It chimes in my bedroom and I know to look out my window.

Eventhough mine is garage kept I still take the precautions to protect my stuff. Since I'm on air at nite time I can just dump my car and take the controller inside with me. Plus I have a few surprise in the garage for them before I come downstairs and blow their F*#@ing head off

If they really want it they'll get it but they're gonna have to work really hard for it and they'll most likely regret it. Not to make you more paranoid but it is getting warm out so watch out for thefts.
Old 05-04-11, 09:10 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

damn dude, this is horrible. Just swap your rims out for a few months. This way if those guys spot u again they would think someone already got to you first.
Old 05-04-11, 10:44 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

that sux, you cant have nice things on your with out worry about some jerk offs trying to steal it. we got lucky once, some lil hooligans broke into my cousins truck and stole his flip down tv, luckly he got to see their plate so what we did was we had a radio with police frequencies, acted like we were on foot patrol and needed a plate checked. we got the guys address went over there and lets just say my cousin got his tv back

Quick Reply: Got Followed Home