NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Best of craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 08:00 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best of craigslist

I got a kick out of reading this on D.C.craigslist.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...464996731.html

And for those who dont know,,,,,,,,,,Body and paintwork are something that goes on INSIDE a shop. Not in a pep boys parking-lot or your driveway.
Old 06-27-11, 08:36 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hell yeah son..."remove newspaper after 1 hour"
Old 06-28-11, 06:28 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do not use craigslist for anything.
Old 06-29-11, 02:11 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by breadbeat
I got a kick out of reading this on D.C.craigslist.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...464996731.html

And for those who dont know,,,,,,,,,,Body and paintwork are something that goes on INSIDE a shop. Not in a pep boys parking-lot or your driveway.
Who in the hell would let the two people continue under these circumstances and then try to get their money back after the fact.
Old 06-29-11, 06:23 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I repeat, do not use craigslist for anything. I have horror stories I could share.
Old 06-29-11, 07:36 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I repeat, do not use craigslist for anything. I have horror stories I could share.
Please share...
I never had horror stories. The only horror I had is that they don't show up or stop responding emails.
Old 06-29-11, 10:40 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

I bought and sold motorcycles on craigslist just gotta stay on point and trust noone even a little bit.
Old 06-29-11, 07:59 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

I agree craigslist is a great resource if your an informed buyer and careful seller. I have been very successful with it

This guy was just an idiot. Why anyone would go this route on a 2010 is a bigger mystery it shows just plain ignorance and cheapness. As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Old 06-29-11, 08:27 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Ha, thats priceless.
Old 06-30-11, 07:02 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I sold a car once, took the money, handed the title over...told the buyer I needed to go inside and get a screw driver to remove my license plates...He took off, never registered the car, and ran a few speed cameras.

Bought a car once, guy had a lien on the car...no problem right, happens all the time. He was suppose to get the paperwork from his bank ASAP but each day was an excuse or he simply wouldn't answer his phone. I finally spoke with his bank directly and they promised to ship the title paperwork over in a day or two. Yeah, a day or two turned into two weeks. I took the damn bus for a month while I had a car with no tags sitting in driveway that I bought in cash.

Bought a bed frame for our guest room. It was from West Elm which I really like. Since I didn't have a truck, I had to make arrangements with a friend. The seller lived 45 minutes away so it was not exactly down the street. The seller was pressuring me to show up one night because apparently she had to move. So I make my friend drive me there with his pick up...and I call her...no answer, knock on the door, no answer. Yeah, you see where this is going. So a few days later, I get a call from her...surprise. No apology, just another demanding request that she needs this bed out and that "she has been holding it for me" and that she has had other callers. I was like wtf, bish you are crazy. So we made arrangements to meet half way. The frame was in good condition and she handed me a bag full of hardware. Needless to say, half of the hardware was not in the bag when I was trying to put it together.

Got burned on concert tickets too once. Pretty embarrassing when they won't let you in a show and pull you to the side and you're answering questions from a state police officer.

I know in most of these situations, I could have been smarter. My suggestion is to only meet sellers from craigslist in front of police stations. If they aren't willing to meet you in front of one, chances are...they are a crook.

For now on I'm only going to buy things that are new. Typically used cars, furniture, etc are just someone elses problem.
Old 06-30-11, 06:44 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least you got ur stuff LOL. I be concern about concert tickets too, usually when I go to concert, there tons of people selling out on the street, and thinking they are fakes. That why I usually go direct to buy concert tickets. Sometimes there are consequences when you buy things that are used and cheap. Just gotta make it work.
Old 07-04-11, 05:46 PM
Lexusfam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a dumbass.... Who uses a Craigslist "mobile body shop" and expects a good job? And on a fairly new car at that...and complains about it.
Old 07-06-11, 12:05 AM
eman88
Lead Lap

Well,...I used a mobile body shop service found on Craigslist to repair a 5in long crack located on the bottom of the front bumper on my wifes CLK. guys did a very good job. took them about 1 1/2 to complete and it looks new. as long as the damage is minor I see no problem using them, better then having my car down for a week at the bodyshop