NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Need cut & shave on rear fenders & toe n camber arms install

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-11, 10:27 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need cut & shave on rear fenders & toe n camber arms install

Looking for a spot near Rockland County NY that does quality work. I need to get these toe n camber arms put in on my 06 GS 300 awd.

I also need my rear fenders shaved. Someone before recommended Azevedo in linden, nj. But he didn't actually get his fenders shaved, only body kit install. I want a place where someone actually got fender work done.
Old 07-29-11, 11:31 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

no one in the NY NJ area has gotten their fenders shaved??
Old 07-29-11, 06:31 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive never gotten work done from Azevedo but ive seen some of their work. Its pretty amazing but i also heard they are pretty expensive.
Old 07-30-11, 05:27 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a pretty high end (clientele) place just north of b-more called No Limit does a lot of shaving. a little far from nyc but i'm just throwing that out there.
Old 07-30-11, 01:21 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

ok i guess ill give azevedo a call n get a quote
Old 08-03-11, 12:40 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Called Azevedo Motorsports today. The owner Rui said they cut and shave fenders all the time. I got a quote for both rear fenders cut, shaved, and painted ($75 each side) then $200 for rear toe and camber arms install plus alignment. $350 total, that doesn't seem bad at all, especially if they are supposed to have outstanding work. I have a morning appointment pending with them for this Monday if Im free. Hopefully it comes out as good as everyone says. I'm so sick of this embarrassing scraping noise when i hit a dip/bump or making a hard turn.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 08-03-11 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-11-11, 11:24 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Went to azevedos on monday. Rui azevedo, the owner refused to cut n shave unless he thought it was completely necessary. Promising me the roll would come out good. So i got the rear fenders rolled n what happened... On the back fender of the driver side u can see paint that cracked, did not roll, n lookslike it is about to peel off.. If u bend down n see it from eye level u can def see it, not as much when standing up but still, its def there. ALSO he dimpled the passenger side fender, right in the middle. I give his work a 70 out of 100 and i am torn right now everytime i think abojt my precious 3gs. Now i have to get that shhhit shaved n repainted or something like that to make it look like how it was before... I should have forced him to shave n cut it or just left the damn place... Wtf!!
Old 08-11-11, 11:28 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Btw it would have been fine if that paint crack was on the inside hidden part of the fender, but it is on the outside/visible part. I only noticed this yesterday. I am sick n pissed! Im not like some of the members on CL with mad loot. This was a huge blow.
Old 08-11-11, 12:30 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

sorry to hear. i went through the exact same thing with my car when a shop f'ed up my rears. i had to have my friends body shop fix it.

did you sign for anything? when i had mine done the shop i went to on the receipt had an area on the bottom for where you sign stating that all work was done to satisfaction. if you didnt sign anything, id force him to pay for his f' up. also it doesnt matter if the paint is cracked on the inside or not, it will eventually start to make it way to the outside and it will rust the metal underneath.

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 08-11-11 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-16-11, 10:11 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
sorry to hear. i went through the exact same thing with my car when a shop f'ed up my rears. i had to have my friends body shop fix it.

did you sign for anything? when i had mine done the shop i went to on the receipt had an area on the bottom for where you sign stating that all work was done to satisfaction. if you didnt sign anything, id force him to pay for his f' up. also it doesnt matter if the paint is cracked on the inside or not, it will eventually start to make it way to the outside and it will rust the metal underneath.
what kind of damage did you have? and how much did your friend charge you to fix it? (if he didn't hook u up)
Old 08-17-11, 12:00 AM
Rolando
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i got my rear fender shaved for like 60 in 215 street in manhattan
Old 08-17-11, 09:46 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
what kind of damage did you have? and how much did your friend charge you to fix it? (if he didn't hook u up)
same thing pretty much. paint chipped all in the well and outside. it looked like they took plyers to the car because nothing was uniform and they waved the hell out of each side. my friends shop charged 4500 to fix everything including flatting out the lip and fixing the waves to make everything straight again. on top of that with the pearl paint, they pretty much had to paint the whole back half of the car.
Old 08-17-11, 11:53 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

better have that shop repaint ur fenders, or hello mr lawyer.
Old 08-18-11, 10:23 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Yeh im tryna figure out how to say it to the shop without getting into an arguement. The owner is stubborn and is a know-it-all. I called him the other day n said he wants to see the damage in person before saying he'll do anything. I think hes going to try to talk me into letting it go but thats bullshhhyt n wont happen
Old 08-18-11, 10:27 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

I dont see why they need to repaint the whole back half of the car. For me it would only be the rear quarter panel. The fender line isnt wavy but there arr dimples n lots of cracked paint on the inside of the fender. That cracked part on the outside is about 1 inch. I think ill take my friend when i go back to that shop, for extra support n to put the full court press on them.

Quick Reply: Need cut & shave on rear fenders & toe n camber arms install