NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD state troopers super strict lately

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-11, 07:44 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
and to mr legend speed. i hope you are not referring to me when you said "Do you guys think people are mad at cops simply because they are doing their jobs?"
no i wasn't referring to you. i looked back at my post and i dont even know what i was trying to say. my post was also full of typo's

my statement was just out there. like ppl are not mad at cops for no reason. there's a reason. however, this reason is often understandable considering the line of work they are in

but that doesn't mean cops are always straight and never an a-hole. in fact, i've witness many situations where they behavior and attitude is unwarranted. i don't know if they had a bad day, is discriminating against certain stereotypes or what...

as far as traffic law. i hate it because i don't believe it is TRUE JUSTICE. for one, the $ from traffic tickets and violations fund the very system that is providing the enforcement/judgment. that to me is a conflict of interest.
and for ppl who think they can FIGHT it out in court, let's be honest, most of the time, that $ & time is going to the lawyers. the trouble to defend urself is basically not worth it and the court system counts on that so u will prepay w/out even showing up.

finally, i would love for anyone to provide real statistics (can this be obtained via Freedom of Information Act?) of traffic cases in court. I would love to know how many % of the ppl are tried and found guilty/not guilty. until someone gives actual specs, we are all just stabbing in the dark.

and i could be wrong but my coworker who is ex-ffx county police officer said you do not need to have gun output in court of law. there's no printer that prints it out. it is simply the officer's word that he clocked you at that speed pretty much.
he also told me yes there was a QUOTA when he was in the force. again, both of these things are heresay and i do not for 100% certainty if this is true. i just dont see a reason for him to lie to me now that he is no longer an officer and we work closely together.

i also have several real world examples where ppl are pulled over for moving violations that they did not commit. i do not know if the officer was mistakening but just the suggestion that they could be makes them even more defensive and try to punish you even harder.

finally, from a personal experience, i was pulled over for my exhaust on my S2000. guilty as charged (even though my supersprint looks nearly identical to OEM). i have absolutely no problem paying it.

i had chose not to pull over on the dark side of the road blocking traffic but turned 50 ft more into a shopping center because there are lights and wide open parking lot (franklin farm shopping center in chantilly if you guys are local). i had turn signal, crawling slow and everything.

yet the officer came out of his car screaming: "you stop when i tell you to stop!" uhm, i tried to explain that it was for his safety and mine that i wanted to be in a lighted area where no cars can hit us also. but he wouldn't have it and screams that he's the one that tells me where to pull over, not me.
and he also yells if i had been drinking... i had not and was in my gym clothes after working out. there was absolutely nothing that made him so angry with such accusations other than he had a bad day. and i was shocked at that kind of behavior when all i had was an exhaust he must've heard as i was driving away from a light. i was polite and try to diffuse the misunderstanding. i believe my reaction helped mitigate the situations but the entire time i was sitting waiting when he checked my license/registration i realize deep down inside i was deeply agitated and do not know why i should be treated as such. he felt the need to throw a power trip and make me feel like a nobody because he is the law .

again, i understand their jobs are tough. but they are far from perfect and ppl voicing complaints against them are well within their right to do so when unfairly treated

Last edited by Legends6spd; 09-17-11 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-18-11, 10:05 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man I agree with u legend6. Ffx cops everytime I was ever pulled over just seemed to have an attitude and I was not always as calm wth as u. I have been handcuffed from just normal traffic stops at least three times when I was in highschoo living in ffx county. I learned to eventually keep my mouth shut and never received more than a speeding ticket, seat belt, or turn signal violation at most though. I know we draw unwanted attention to ourselves cuz of our cars and that's jut the life we choose I suppose.
Old 09-18-11, 05:10 PM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
Yeah man I agree with u legend6. Ffx cops everytime I was ever pulled over just seemed to have an attitude and I was not always as calm wth as u. I have been handcuffed from just normal traffic stops at least three times when I was in highschoo living in ffx county. I learned to eventually keep my mouth shut and never received more than a speeding ticket, seat belt, or turn signal violation at most though. I know we draw unwanted attention to ourselves cuz of our cars and that's jut the life we choose I suppose.
Damnit.. I just got my windows tinted 35%. I've gotten pulled over for 20% 4-5 years ago... my car has black interior now and it looks really dark.
Old 09-18-11, 07:49 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

i saw what u meant today on my way thru MD to baltimore, troopers were banging people left and right on 95, thank god i was more concerned about MPG rather then MPH
Old 09-21-11, 02:10 PM
abitta1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Considering half of the vehicles I see driving on Maryland highways are **** boxes, they shouldn't be messing with your car.

Honestly, every time I see a cop I quickly open my sunroof and roll down my windows with the quickness
hahah true that. state troopers are just a******. mostly likely you will get something if you get pulled over by one of them. i know from experience.
Old 10-10-11, 05:42 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I was in Adams Morgan DC Saturday night in my daily. Leaving garage cops had coned off area to make left she said go right I asked her if I can go straight she immediately got an attitude told me to pull over I was like wtf. She asked for my information and asked why I have yellow lights she was referring to my fogs which on the TL are in same housing as headlights. I told her they were fog lights she said take them off since there's no fog out and that she could fine me $75 for that. Of course her partner who was also female yelled at me to roll down all my windows to see if the passengers in the back were wearing seatbelts. These 2 officers were the most unprofessional I've ever dealt with. I was professional with them the entire time but they spoke down to me and my passengers like if they wanted us to get out of line. I got out with unsafe lane change warning lol, the officer said I was cooperative that's why I didn't get an actual ticket. I laughed at the whole thing after and my friends were surprised how calm I was. I've never had an issue or even dealt with DC cops until now.
Old 10-10-11, 06:00 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah, thankfully i've never dealt with dc (proper) cops... those 2 sound pretty ignant though
Old 10-10-11, 07:33 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got pulled over on I95 in baltimore last year in the sc i was in the right lane of a 8 lane highway. He was between the medians. He took off after me switched 4 lanes from left to right and pulled me over i was in rush hour traffic. Keep in mind this was a stock looking sc back then red with supra wheels and tint...lol. I was told i was pulled over for a not wearing a seat belt i guess he had binoculars in his car...either way he gave me my $25 ticket and i was on my way. I did think though it was kinda crazy of him to do all that work and risk his life by pulling me over in rush hour traffic on 95 just to give me a seat belt ticket...oh well.
Old 10-12-11, 04:05 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
I got pulled over on I95 in baltimore last year in the sc i was in the right lane of a 8 lane highway. He was between the medians. He took off after me switched 4 lanes from left to right and pulled me over i was in rush hour traffic. Keep in mind this was a stock looking sc back then red with supra wheels and tint...lol. I was told i was pulled over for a not wearing a seat belt i guess he had binoculars in his car...either way he gave me my $25 ticket and i was on my way. I did think though it was kinda crazy of him to do all that work and risk his life by pulling me over in rush hour traffic on 95 just to give me a seat belt ticket...oh well.

Talk about pressed for $25.