Looking for some input on a meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-11, 09:56 AM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some input on a meet

Hey guys, I am wondering something.

I am trying to put together a meet in my area, Columbia, MD this coming spring. It's going to benefit a local high school and it would cost either $5-$10 a car and there would be food for sale, a DJ playing music, and possibly a few shops showing up. What I am really looking for is if any of you guys would show up? I am trying to organize it to make it a fairly large meet but it would mean so much more to me if you guys could make it. I have had a hard time getting any NELOC members to local meets and the turnout for bigger meets hasnt been that great. Let meknow if you guys would be interested in something like that and feel free to post any suggestions here too. I was thinking the old school NELOC banner with a big turnout from out club alone .

But maybe I'm just dreaming....
Old 10-25-11, 01:44 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

my suggestion would be to get a date settled and location. try to fit it in a good date for the MD guys. I know us NJ guys are busy on the weekend but it seems like Saturday is good for some people and not good for me and Sunday good for me and not for other people.
Old 10-25-11, 06:29 PM
KiyomiF
Driver

^^^ agreed. it would be easier to set a date and location that way everyone can mark it on their schedule. I would be in for sure as long as I know far enough in advance. If you do set a date and location, it might be a good idea to get a poster going around as well. Everyone can post it on other sites and of course this one
Old 10-25-11, 06:48 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

Well I would have a date and a poster going around by the winter but I was wondering specifically about the NELOC folk cuz I haven't seen much of us this year
Old 10-25-11, 07:05 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like everybody said set a date and location.That way everybody can mark it down. Im sure since your planning it now we will have enough time to take off work and what not. And as the date gets closer bump the thread up so ppl will be reminded. Our last 2 NELOC meets in NJ(https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...10-8-11-a.html) and Pa( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...re-thread.html) we had a pretty good turnout. Im hoping this upcoming season we can have a bigger meet. I know i will be down to travel down to Maryland to show my support. I know a few other NJ/NY guys maybe down as well. Jimmy(phatjay), Teo(Evil Teo) and myself have been pretty much putting together some ideas for next season.
Old 10-25-11, 07:18 PM
KiyomiF
Driver

I'm supporting you guys coming down this way 110% haha

Of course I would come up as well.
Old 10-26-11, 09:28 AM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

what would be nice is that, we all could pitch in and say what date is best for us

and sum it up from there
Old 10-26-11, 12:58 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

To make it a big meet, you should probably charge like a dollar or free to enter, 5-10 dollars to enter might be costly. Not many people will go because it be too expensive. Take example of college park meet success, only charge 1 dollar or can of food. Also make sure have plenty of parking spaces

Last edited by horent135; 10-26-11 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 06:49 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree if we are having it at a park. Somebody should try and at least block off some parking spots. It would suck to have Soccer moms parking their minivan with the meet lol. When we had our last NELOC meet we asked ppl to bring donate 1 dollar or bring food for the bbq. We had alot of food left over but in all still a success. Also try to have it at a place/park where its easy to get to and comes up on google map. We had a slight problem at our last meet where the location was hard to find on google map because the park didn't have an legit address smh haha.
Old 10-27-11, 06:08 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say $5 and i'm down as of now, but this can always change last minute so i hate to say yes when i'm usually just a maybe.

its gonna be hard to get a huge meet together unless you get vendors involved and some sponsor types... try posting on FB (even though i don't FB), canibeat, stance[fill in the blank], and any other car crazy blog crew to see if they can hype it up.
Old 10-28-11, 05:33 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
i say $5 and i'm down as of now, but this can always change last minute so i hate to say yes when i'm usually just a maybe.

its gonna be hard to get a huge meet together unless you get vendors involved and some sponsor types... try posting on FB (even though i don't FB), canibeat, stance[fill in the blank], and any other car crazy blog crew to see if they can hype it up.
Good idea! Canibeat is always up for stuff like this.

TheStigSC - let me know if you want any help with this.
Old 10-28-11, 05:46 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

try liberty and other local crews too what is that one nova one,, something alliance¿¿¿
Old 10-28-11, 06:22 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
try liberty and other local crews too what is that one nova one,, something alliance¿¿¿
Import Alliance.... There are a few members local to the DMV
Old 10-28-11, 11:03 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

fat lace, wek sos, come on guys i know there's lots more than that...
Old 12-19-11, 04:07 PM
TheStigSC
Pole Position

KiyomiF - Thank you for the offer, I will definitely be needing it!

As far as vendors go, I already had some ideas. I was thinking local shops like JE Import Performance and possibly TPC Racing. Also maybe Re:vision and Charm City Tuning. I'll check into Canibeat and IA

Quick Reply: Looking for some input on a meet